• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

20 Signs that God exist, and Quraan is the word of God

farouk

A particular religion that all gays belong to?

I don't understand your question. There are gays in all religions.

In Islam the behaviour of gays is immoral hence its not pemissible to be a gay in Islam.
Let me quote what you said.
God love gays. That's what He told me, anyway. So if there is no place for gays in your society, then I can't see that your society is of God.
Hence my question which religion does all gays belong to?
I will make it easy for you.Name that religion that allows gays to conduct their immoral behaviour.
Note don't tell me Islam because we have no place for them in our way of life.
Peace
Farouk

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
In Islam the behaviour of gays is immoral hence its not pemissible to be a gay in Islam.

But it has been demonstrated that people can't choose their sexual orientation. Why would you discriminate against someone based on something that they can neither change nor control?

AmbiguousGuy

No. Only in farouk's personal opinion of Islam. More advanced students of the Quran understand that God loves gays. It is perfectly fine and moral to be gay.

Hence my question which religion does all gays belong to?

You may be having some difficulty with your English. All gays do not belong to one religion... which is what your question seems to ask. They belong to various religions and to no religion at all.

I will make it easy for you.Name that religion that allows gays to conduct their immoral behaviour.

What immoral behavior do gays conduct? They steal and murder? What are you talking about? Individual gays may do immoral things, but you'll have to list those things if you want me to answer.

And if you're talking about 'having sex', gay people are just like straight people. They like to have sex. It's why God wants them to have as much sex and they can have. He likes us all to enjoy life's pleasures.

Note don't tell me Islam because we have no place for them in our way of life.

I certainly don't believe that you speak for Islam. I hope not.

farouk

But it has been demonstrated that people can't choose their sexual orientation. Why would you discriminate against someone based on something that they can neither change nor control?

What discrimination you talking about.You are free to accept Islam via accepting all its moral code of conduct.The alternate is very simple.Join the religion of gays.
I don't see any discrimination.
You cannot have it both ways.There is diffinately no home for gays in Islam.

farouk

Any man who targets gay people for beatings is not a real man, in my opinion, but merely a bully. They deserve it when someone bigger than them pees on them. And I don't give a damn if they think their god wants them to beat gay people. Just means they think their god is a bully.

I totally agree with you.The same goes for men that beat women or their wives.
FYI i am a big guy and i can do a pretty good job.

farouk

No. Only in farouk's personal opinion of Islam. More advanced students of the Quran understand that God loves gays. It is perfectly fine and moral to be gay.

You may be having some difficulty with your English. All gays do not belong to one religion... which is what your question seems to ask. They belong to various religions and to no religion at all.

What immoral behavior do gays conduct? They steal and murder? What are you talking about? Individual gays may do immoral things, but you'll have to list those things if you want me to answer.

And if you're talking about 'having sex', gay people are just like straight people. They like to have sex. It's why God wants them to have as much sex and they can have. He likes us all to enjoy life's pleasures.

I certainly don't believe that you speak for Islam. I hope not.

:sorry1: your knowledge of Islam is zero.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
What discrimination you talking about.You are free to accept Islam via accepting all its moral code of conduct.The alternate is very simple.Join the religion of gays.
I don't see any discrimination.

What is the "religion of gays"?

You cannot have it both ways.There is diffinately no home for gays in Islam.

Okay, I have a question, Farouk: Does your above statement represent what you believe to be "true Islam" or not? And if you believe it does, what are your references from Islamic texts that support this position?

farouk

So, Farouk, let me highlight some parts of your own posts in addition to the above ones:

And finally, we get this:

If I tried to come up with satire that was more ironic than that, I probably wouldn't be able to. And no, I'm not even kidding or being sarcastic; just read your own posts again and try to see how much contradiction there is.

In my opinion, you are giving a far more negative image of your beliefs, especially considering that you're perceived as an insider, than most non-believers could. There's isn't even a need for anyone to distort your position when the arguments for it are like that.

Answer me a simple question.
Are you a peaceful person?

farouk

What is the "religion of gays"?
A very good question.That is the question i asked.Do you have an answer.Maybe Ambigous Guy can answer that question.

Okay, I have a question, Farouk: Does your above statement represent what you believe to be "true Islam" or not? And if you believe it does, what are your references from Islamic texts that support this position?
I am surprised you asked as a simple question.Do you have no knowledge of other peoples beliefs.
Please get a copy of the Noble Quraan and study it.
Now i can give you many verses but i will just give you one.
Noble Quraan Sura 7 verse 80 to 84.
Go and read it.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
A very good question.That is the question i asked.Do you have an answer.Maybe Ambigous Guy can answer that question.

Gay people are just like heterosexual people. In other words, they can be followers of any religion or be non-religious. A person's sexual orientation doesn't indicate what their beliefs or lack thereof are.

Summary: Gay people are... people, just like you and me. My attraction to women has nothing to do with my views regarding metaphysics and theology, and I assume the same is true for gay people: their sexual orientation has nothing to do with their views regarding metaphysics and theology either.

I am surprised you asked as a simple question.Do you have no knowledge of other peoples beliefs.
Please get a copy of the Noble Quraan and study it.
Now i can give you many verses but i will just give you one.
Noble Quraan Sura 7 verse 80 to 84.
Go and read it.

I have read the entire Qur'an, and I've also heard it recited more times than I can count. Arabic is also my native language, so unless you understand Arabic too, I may be led to assume that I actually understand Qur'anic verses better than you do.

I know which verses are often quoted by Islamic scholars when it comes to the issue of homosexuality, but that wasn't my question. I asked you whether you think your views represent "true Islam"; do you think they do or not?

farouk

I have never intentionally harmed anyone, and I also try my best not to harm anyone through any of my actions.

Does that count as peaceful according to you?

Tks for your reply.
I would regard you as a peaceful person.
Now tell me if you see someone is raping your loved one(maybe your wife,daughter or mother) what would your reaction be?
What would you do as a peaceful person?

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Tks for your reply.
I would regard you as a peaceful person.
Now tell me if you see someone is raping your loved one(maybe your wife,daughter or mother) what would your reaction be?
What would you do as a peaceful person?

I would try to stop the rapist by any means possible. My primary goal would definitely be to fend off the attack.

... you're not trying to compare words and criticism to physical attack and transgression of people's safety boundaries, are you?

farouk

I would try to stop the rapist by any means possible. My primary goal would definitely be to fend off the attack.

... you're not trying to compare words and criticism to physical attack and transgression of people's safety boundaries, are you?

Yes i would do exactly the same.
Now if the rapist has a knife or a gun how would you react?
Note all i am doing is asking you how a peaceful human should react.

AmbiguousGuy

Isn't it extraordinary.

For some people, disagreeing with their beliefs feels just the same as raping their wives.

The Way of Ambiguity is a better way, I really do think.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
FearGod, now i will repeat what Ingledsva stated earlier. please explain these verses without using any hadith or other made up stories.
keep in mind, YOU are the one who denies anything other than quran. so please explain WITHOUT the use of any other book

4:89: They really wish that you should also become disbelievers, as they themselves are so that both may become alike. So you should not take friends from among them unless they migrate in the way of Allah; and if they do not migrate, then seize them wherever you find them and slay them and do not take any of them as friends and helpers.

The translation isn't correct,the better translation is

They would love for you disbelieve just as they disbelieve, so you will be exactly like them. Do not adopt sponsors from among them until they migrate along God´s way. If they should ever turn against you, then seize them and kill them wherever you may find them. Do not adopt any sponsor nor supporter from among them,

So if they try to take over you,then you have to fight them.
Of course once they are fighting then how you will be a friend to them,doesn't make sense to be friends and enemies at the same time.

and also explain this verse:And establish the Prayer and give zakah, and obey the Messenger so that you may be shown mercy.
[Translation of Qur’an 24:56]

how can I obey the messenger if i ignore the sunnah and hadith? quran doesn't talk about mohammad's commands. if mohammads commands werent important, quran should have said "obey Allah, no need to mention in quran to obey mohammad. the kalima should be "no God but Allah", (no need to add mohammad as his last messenger, as quran is important and not mohammad's life).

If i was living at those time then i'll obey the messenger,but now i obey God by obeying his message (the quran),How to obey the dead.

Could you please tell me how the prophet prayed when he was at the age of 25.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
The translation isn't correct,the better translation is

They would love for you disbelieve just as they disbelieve, so you will be exactly like them. Do not adopt sponsors from among them until they migrate along God´s way. If they should ever turn against you, then seize them and kill them wherever you may find them. Do not adopt any sponsor nor supporter from among them,

So if they try to take over you,then you have to fight them.
Of course once they are fighting then how you will be a friend to them,doesn't make sense to be friends and enemies at the same time.

If i was living at those time then i'll obey the messenger,but now i obey God by obeying his message (the quran),How to obey the dead.

Could you please tell me how the prophet prayed when he was at the age of 25.

Malik : Their real wish is to see that you become a disbeliever, as they themselves have disbelieved, so that you may become exactly like them. So you should not take friends from their ranks unless they immigrate in the way of Allah; and if they do not, seize them and kill them wherever you find them, and do not take any of them as protectors or helpers.

Yusuf Ali : They but wish that ye should reject faith as they do and thus be on the same footing (as they): but take not friends from their ranks until they flee in the way of Allah (from what is forbidden). But if they turn renegades seize them and slay them wherever ye find them; and (in any case) take no friends or helpers from their ranks. 607 "

Pickthall : They long that ye should disbelieve even as they disbelieve, that ye may be upon a level (with them). So choose not friends from them till they forsake their homes in the way of Allah; if they turn back then take them and kill them wherever ye find them, and choose no friend nor helper from among them,

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes i would do exactly the same.
Now if the rapist has a knife or a gun how would you react?
Note all i am doing is asking you how a peaceful human should react.

I would still try to fend them off by any means.

What do these questions have to do with freedom of speech, though?

Also, to be perfectly honest, your posts about homosexuality lead me to believe that your worldview values neither peace nor tolerance, so debating this with you will probably be a waste of time until we have enough common ground to speak from.

Last edited:

Sabour

I would still try to fend them off by any means.

What do these questions have to do with freedom of speech, though?

Also, to be perfectly honest, your posts about homosexuality lead me to believe that your worldview values neither peace nor tolerance, so debating this with you will probably be a waste of time until we have enough common ground to speak from.

When you say homosexuality.

Do you believe that some are born like this ?

And may I know what you meant about the speach part? I tried to track it but I got lost