• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

40% of Americans belive the world was created 6000-years ago

Gunfingers

Happiness Incarnate
The Bible is not irrelevant. GOD has informed us that HE created a finished ecological system that was entirely fit for human habitation within the week HE created it. Part of that perfect ecological system most obviously entailed that it was complete and finished. It contained all the minerals necessary to sustain human kind as GOD designed human life to be.

For man to place an age on this is what is irrelevant.

Which means what to people who don't believe in your god? Mab the giant housecat told me that she created a finished world last Thursday with all of the people created having memories of lives before the moment of creation. Go ahead and disprove it.

See how irrelevant that is? Science doesn't deal in fairy tails. It deals in learning as much as it can about the natural world. One of those things is learning how old the earth is and how it formed. If i'm reading that last line correctly, your point is that we shouldn't bother learning all we can about the natural world, or in other words, that we shouldn't do science. Are you willing to go on record as being against science?

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
The words “high hills” and “mountains” are the same in the original Hebrew. Again, I have explained that it is much more logical that the Earth had rolling hills and was once a very hospitible place, without dangerous paths for Adam and Eve to travel before the FLOOD. The earth was the perfect place for sinless people to live. GOD used the FLOOD to realign Earth to mirror the dangers that sin had wrought.

The Bible is not irrelevant. GOD has informed us that HE created a finished ecological system that was entirely fit for human habitation within the week HE created it. Part of that perfect ecological system most obviously entailed that it was complete and finished. It contained all the minerals necessary to sustain human kind as GOD designed human life to be.

For man to place an age on this is what is irrelevant.

In other words,

You have absolutely no evidence other than your reveled revelation for what you are saying. No geological, cosmological or biological evidence at all for a young earth, the flood, or special creation. You base your entire view on the supernatural.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
In other words,

You have absolutely no evidence other than your reveled revelation for what you are saying. No geological, cosmological or biological evidence at all for a young earth, the flood, or special creation. You base your entire view on the supernatural.

So what caused the big bang and what biological evidence do you have other than speculation?

Gunfingers

Happiness Incarnate
What caused the big bang predates this universe, so finding a cause is, at present, beyond anyone's capability.

Biological evidence for evolution, however, is so abundant as to be self-evident. I've personally listed irrefutable evidence for evolution a dozen times, and there are a dozen posters who have done the same at least as often. I'm not posting it again. Feel free to read a thread in the EvC forum or watch the videos by AronRa on YouTube.
[youtube]KnJX68ELbAY[/youtube]
Here's the first of 14.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
So believing in speculation is so different from religion how?
I think you are confusing speculation with overwhelming evidence, as far as evolution is concerned. There is no evidence at all for a 6,000 to 10,000 yr old earth, or special creation.
(Yes, there is speculation on the cause of the Big Bang, however all available evidence supports the occurrence of the Big Bang.)

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
I think you are confusing speculation with overwhelming evidence, as far as evolution is concerned.

What is the topic of this thread? Please tell me what evolution has to do with the topic?

I did not post on this thread to discuss evolution, I just asked some simple questions.

Gunfingers

Happiness Incarnate
Simple question

Another simple question would be me asking how you Christianity justifies murdering kittens. What's that you say? Christianity doesn't practice the murder of kittens, and condemns those that do? You can't say that, it's not part of the topic of this thread. I'm just asking simple questions.

Walkntune

Another simple question would be me asking how you Christianity justifies murdering kittens. What's that you say? Christianity doesn't practice the murder of kittens, and condemns those that do? You can't say that, it's not part of the topic of this thread. I'm just asking simple questions.

Would it be murder if we eat the kitten?

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
(Yes, there is speculation on the cause of the Big Bang, however all available evidence supports the occurrence of the Big Bang.)

It is not conclusive however. It is logical, but there is a degree of faith in the available data that you are using to reach your conclusion.

The correct answer is, we don't know for sure right?

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
It is not conclusive however. It is logical, but there is a degree of faith in the available data that you are using to reach your conclusion.

There is a degree of faith in all available data. At some point you have to accept.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
There is a degree of faith in all available data. At some point you have to accept.

I could say the same thing about God. If Jesus returned to earth and performed miracles right before your eyes, at some point you would have to accept that right?

There is no proof positive for either side of this discussion. For me to say I know for sure would be a lie. Both sides are dependant on faith to one degree or another to support their claims.

I could say when God created heaven and earth, there was a big bang.

Others could say there is no God, but neither side has positive proof of their claims.

Why is it so hard for science to admit it's limitations?

LittleNipper

So god created a perfectly ecological system fit for human life? Then why is it that only about 25%-30% of the earth's surface is hospitable for humans to live? And the earth only makes up about .000000001% of the universe, if even that, it seems like a colossal waste of resources, if god created all of this for us.

THE FALL and THE FLOOD changed the earth's surface... GOD may have designed sinless man to travel the universe, but the FALL would have precluded Adam from doing such things.

tarasan

I could say the same thing about God. If Jesus returned to earth and performed miracles right before your eyes, at some point you would have to accept that right?

There is no proof positive for either side of this discussion. For me to say I know for sure would be a lie. Both sides are dependant on faith to one degree or another to support their claims.

Others could say there is no God, but neither side has positive proof of their claims.

because science is meant to solve all of lifes problems! silly.

for some science is a tool in which we prob and discover

for others its a God that will eventually solve all problems. wether they want to admit its their God or not.

I Am

I wouldn't doubt it's the horrible education system in this country. It's the reason I want to move out of the United States and to Switzerland. I am constantly surrounded by stupid Americans.

We have one of the worst education systems for a 1st world country.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
So believing in speculation is so different from religion how?
Science relys on overwhelming evidence to reach conclusions. religion relies on personal experience and pure faith.

What is the topic of this thread? Please tell me what evolution has to do with the topic?

I did not post on this thread to discuss evolution, I just asked some simple questions.
Evolution has been brought into the discussion as an element of science.

As I said, all available evidence points to the occurrence of the Big Bang. The most conclusive being the observation of cosmic background radiation. Secondly,the universe is expanding—meaning that the separations between galaxies are becoming larger and larger. Also, the Big Bang perfectly explains the abundance of helium and other nuclei like deuterium (an isotope of hydrogen) in the universe. A hot, dense, and expanding environment at the beginning could produce these nuclei in the abundance we observe today. All this supports the Big Bang explanation for the origins of the Universe.
As long as new evidence continues to support the Big Bang theory, it will be accepted as a fact. If it is found that continuing discoveries do not support the theory, it must be discarded or altered to fit the evidence. As of right now, evidence continues to support the Big Bang theory.
Science relies on evidence. It relies on logical conclusions based on the evidence. To say "we do not know for certain" is an oversimplification. The "degree of faith" is a faith in the consistency of the evidence. Fortunately this "faith" is not dogmatic and can change as our knowledge of the workings of the nature increase. This is why science continues to search for answers. It would be foolish to say "we have all the answers we need". Or "this answer is correct so there is no need to continue investigation".

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
I wouldn't doubt it's the horrible education system in this country. It's the reason I want to move out of the United States and to Switzerland. I am constantly surrounded by stupid Americans.

We have one of the worst education systems for a 1st world country.

And I could say, I wish everyone recieved a Christian education. Then you would think as I do.

You can blame school systems, and to some degree I have to agree that public education is spewing out ignorant ill prepared students to make their own way in the world.

On the other hand, we have some really good students who in spite of their inferior education do quite well for themselves.

What is very telling is, do you believe educators have a responsibility to indoctrinate students away from religion?

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie

Who says science has no limitations? It must rely on empirical evidence to support its theories.
Science has nothing to do with God. God, being by definition free from natural laws, is not an area which science can prove or disprove. Belief in a God relies entirely on faith. While science relies on available empirical evidence.