• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Christian believes --------------------------------?

jimb

Premium Member
It is the people who make claims that must prove their claims. You claim there will be a resurrection, and even that there are people who have already resurrected, but you have no evidence. All you have is a sacred text written by men. Religious texts are not *evidence.* Evidence means and finding and documenting cases of resurrection, such as with medical equipment certifying brain death, or evidence that the body began to rot, with further evidence that after that, they were medically verified to be walking around (IOW DNA evidence to prove it is not some other person who never died). When you can supply that sort of evidence, please come talk to me.
I won't waste my time "talking" to you about resurrection, as you are clearly unable to accept the truth.

All you have are secular texts written by men who cannot accept anything that doesn't agree with their science. I pity you!

jimb

Premium Member
At one time, science believed that the earth was flat and that if you sailed to the edge, you would fall off.

Scientific knowledge is limited by direct observation. FAITH IS NOT!

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
I won't waste my time "talking" to you about resurrection, as you are clearly unable to accept the truth.
This is what is known as deflection. It is a form of manipulation that is meant to help a person avoid responsibility or uncomfortable idea by trying to transfer blame to the person they are talking to.

jimb

Premium Member
This is what is known as deflection. It is a form of manipulation that is meant to help a person avoid responsibility or uncomfortable idea by trying to transfer blame to the person they are talking to.
You have described yourself perfectly! You cannot or will not accept what some of us know as the truth.

You blame myself and others rather than opening your mind.

IndigoChild5559

You have described yourself perfectly! You cannot or will not accept what some of us know as the truth.
I have not blamed you for anything. I have simply reminded you that it is your responsibility to make the case for your claims. That's not a moral judgement. That just reminding you of the basic rules of discourse.

jimb

Premium Member
I have not blamed you for anything. I have simply reminded you that it is your responsibility to make the case for your claims. That's not a moral judgement. That just reminding you of the basic rules of discourse.
I have made the case for my claims -- many times. Clearly you're not paying attention.

IndigoChild5559

I have made the case for my claims -- many times. Clearly you're not paying attention.
I never read every post in a thread. It's an unreasonable expectation. I'm sure I miss most of your posts, just as you have missed most of mine.

That being understood, it is nevertheless the case that I have never seen you make your case. Certainly not in the posts you have directed towards me. What I *have* seen in your posts that I have read, is that you have no awareness that you constantly confuse belief with knowledge, faith with fact.

jimb

Premium Member
I never read every post in a thread. It's an unreasonable expectation. I'm sure I miss most of your posts, just as you have missed most of mine.

That being understood, it is nevertheless the case that I have never seen you make your case. Certainly not in the posts you have directed towards me. What I *have* seen in your posts that I have read, is that you have no awareness that you constantly confuse belief with knowledge, faith with fact.
That is nothing more than your (incorrect) opinion. If you miss most of my posts, how can you make any judgment?

Secondly, I do NOT "confuse belief with knowledge, faith with fact". Read Hebrews 11:1.

jimb

Premium Member
Nope.

Nope

Nope.

There is very little that all Christians believe. So little that "Christian" is a distinction without any worth.
Actually, a Christian is someone who has repented of her/his sins, accepted the sacrifice of Jesus Christ as penalty paid for those sins, and received eternal life.

jimb

Premium Member
Simply your (wrong) opinion. I tell you the truth and you are unable or unwilling to accept it. THAT is deflection.

jimb

Premium Member
I don't have to "make the case" for what I write. I write what I know and what I believe, which is in accordance with God's written word and the Holy Spirit, who guides me into all truth.

jimb

Premium Member

Christian belief is knowledge and Christian faith is fact.

Faith is being sure of what is hoped for; being certain of what is not seen.