• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

a question for those who still support bush

FFH

Veteran Member
Faint said:
Hold on...why are these the last days? And on exactly which date will the world end? (I need specifics so I can max out my credit cards and go out in style)
:biglaugh:The world needs more comedians like you Faint.

No one knows when the world will end.... I used to think that I had an idea but the longer I live the more I know that I don't know.

I do know this.........

If you see the United States being taken over by another power or another nation, as a result of our political unrest here, then put on your army boots and fatigues and get out your machine gun cause all your rights are going to go down the drain and there will be terrorists at you front door. I hope that the wars that are fought over in other countries never come to our nation......

George Bush is doing all he can to keep these wars out of our nation.

Do we want him to stop fighting????????

If we pull out of the Iraqi war and let up on the fighting of terrorism in the world then it is just a matter of time before these same terrorists will be at your front door.....

I do not own a gun myself but I sure would want one if the terrorists took over this country.....

My hope is in God and that our Savior Jesus Christ will come to take us all away before the world gets too violent......Before the terrotists come to my front door and demand me to deny my religion......

I am not an extremist just a realist who sees where all this is going if we do not pray and elect a Praying President like George Bush..........

Political unrust will only bring division of our country and DIVIDED WE WILL FALL.....

Faint

Fat Kat Matt said:
i don't think Bush is at all smart enough or cunning enough to pull off a Palpatine.
That's probably true. As a man, he's just some Texas clod from a rich family. I can't deny that. But his administration is pretty damn cunning. They got a guy like him into office for a second term, and they've also got people like you thinking that Bush is protecting this country. Meanwhile, Bush also seems to be warding off asteroids of dangerous sizes, since we haven't been hit by any of those either since this war began.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Faint said:
Meanwhile, Bush also seems to be warding off asteroids of dangerous sizes, since we haven't been hit by any of those either since this war began.
Thank you, Faint, for a perfect example of why a correlation does not imply causality.:clap

FFH

Veteran Member
We cannot be tolerant of those that fight against Christianity or threaten the lives of Christians or Jews and any other religious group in the world. We must fight against all those who oppose and kill another in the name of there God.

This is what President Bush is fighting for. He is not fighting for oil. He is fighting for the souls that want to be free to worship as they choose without being threatend by death or imprisonement.

The Black Whirlwind

Faint said:
That's probably true. As a man, he's just some Texas clod from a rich family. I can't deny that. But his administration is pretty damn cunning. They got a guy like him into office for a second term, and they've also got people like you thinking that Bush is protecting this country. Meanwhile, Bush also seems to be warding off asteroids of dangerous sizes, since we haven't been hit by any of those either since this war began.
well, we don't really know if HE is or isn't do we? He could be doing nothign, or he could be doing everything. He must be doing something right.

jonny

Faith_is_an_assurance said:
I am not a fanatical christian either.

I am a realist.
[font=&quot]
That's definitely debatable. You're sounding a little fanatical right now, but it keeps life interesting. :)[/font]

I hope there are many more years of terrorist free attacks on the Untited States but the Holy Ghost whispers to me otherwise. I believe, as does Michel, that we will be gone before the world all goes bad and the United States is ruled by another power. Civil unrest will set us up for an outside nation to take over. We will be ruled by another nation sooner or later if we do not unite as a nation and fight against terrorism.
I don't know what you're refering to, but I don't think that Michael was expecting to be twinkled. Since you want to bring religion into a political debate (and I really don't think they belong together), read 2 Nephi 1:7. We're not going to be taken over by terrorists.

Faint

No one knows when the world will end.........
Some people called scientists think the world will end in billions of years when the sun expands. But if you're talking about the human race--I agree. No one knows when we wil end or even if we will end.

I am not an extremist just a realist who sees where all this is going if we do not pray and elect a Praying President like George Bush..........

Political unrust will only bring division of our country and DIVIDED WE WILL FALL.....
Seems to me that political unrest is what has helped make this country as great as it was (past tense because we've been going downhill since he-who-cannot-be-named took office). What you seem to be advocating is a theocracy, which is a great way to ruin a nation. Personally, I'd rather not have a president who appeals to a supernatural entity for help with real world events. Prayer is a form of surrender anyway--and that's not a good trait for any president trying to pose as a great war lord.

Reactions: FFH

FFH

Veteran Member
Sunstone said:
Why is that interesting?
I think that there are many Muslims in the world who do not know why President Bush is in Iraq or in the White House for that matter. I think that there are Muslims who do not know how Bush could still have supporters after the war that HE supposedly started.

Remember HE did not start the war. The TERRORISTS started the war.

Do not Muslims want all terrorists kept under control too??????????? or do they sympathize with them.

I am sure there are many other people, not just Muslims, who do not understand why Bush is still in office or why he still has supporters here in America.

REMEMBER BUSH IS FIGHTING FOR US ALL, MUSLIM, JEW, GENTILE, CHRITIAN, ATHIEST AND I COULD GO ON AND ON.

PRESIDENT BUSH IS FIGHTING NOT JUST TERRORISTS BUT FOR RELIGIOUS AND CIVIC FREEDOMS FOR ALL THOSE IN IRAQ AND FOR ANY OTHER COUNTRY THAT WOULD DESIRE IT.

THERE ARE MANY IRAQIS THAT ARE PRAISING BUSH FOR WHAT HE HAS DONE AND I AM SURE THERE ARE MUSLIMS THROUGHOUT THE WORLD THAT UNDERSTAND WHAT HE IS DOING.

THERE ARE MANY AMERICANS WHO DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT HE IS DOING, BOTH CHRISTIANS AND MUSLIMS, BUT I WOULD THINK THAT MOST CHRISTIANS UNDERSTAND THIS MORE THAN MUSLIMS WOULD.

A Muslim might think that Bush is fighting against Islam.. This is not true at all.

HE IS FIGHTING FOR RELIGIOUS RIGHTS OF ALL RELIGIONS AND PEOPLE AS WELL AS OTHER VALID RIGHTS, LIKE THE RIGHT TO PURSUE HAPPINESS......

FFH

Veteran Member
Faint said:
Some people called scientists think the world will end in billions of years when the sun expands. But if you're talking about the human race--I agree. No one knows when we wil end or even if we will end.

Seems to me that political unrest is what has helped make this country as great as it was (past tense because we've been going downhill since he-who-cannot-be-named took office). What you seem to be advocating is a theocracy, which is a great way to ruin a nation. Personally, I'd rather not have a president who appeals to a supernatural entity for help with real world events. Prayer is a form of surrender anyway--and that's not a good trait for any president trying to pose as a great war lord.
First of all I agree that political unrest can strengthen a nation..... Oposing forces outside our nation also make us stronger...Whether it is within or without my point is that if we oppose everything that is good in this country that we will only degrade into a lesser more primitive state like many third world countries.

This is what Bush is fighting for. He does not want to see our country degrade into a poor, unruly, uneducated third world starving country. Wars only make a country poor.....Bush is not waging war but fighting it......This war in Iraq is costing billions of dollars and Bush is well aware of this......Who wants to spend money on war????? NO ONE IN THIS WORLD WOULD UNLESS HE JUST LIKES TO KILL FOR THE SAKE OF KILLING, OR ANY CAUSE THAT IS EVIL.

As for the end of the world question. The world as we know it will end someday....The sphere of the Earth will always exist as well as the people.....

The change that I beleive will happen is written in the Christian Bible as well as the Book of Mormon and the Doctrine and Covenants of my faith (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints)....

Remember the song by R.E.M.???????? "its the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine" These lyrics sum up how i feel on this matter.

The world will end as we know it....but the people will live on forever and ever.......

There will be changes to the physical properties of the earths surface....

There will also be changes to our physical bodies in order to live on this new earth......

We will not die but we will live forever.....No matter what happens to the earth.....

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
Mr Spinkles said:
Ethics 202: sitting back and watching while one person terrorizes an entire country is generally considered to be unethical (even if he's not doing anything to you).
From your previous post:
"I support the war in Iraq in the same way that I would have supported an incompetent and/or deceptive President invading Hitler before he became a threat to us.

You were talking about a preemptive strike and that's what I was reacting to. As for intervening when someone is terrorizing the defenseless, I already said that I agree with that. But I won't allow Bush to switch from one justification for the war to another in midstream any more than I will allow you to. If that's what the war was about, let him say so up front from the beginning, and let us see how many Americans would have supported it.

NetDoc said:
Yeah, but we HAVE to let him finish his second term. That's how things are done here in America! :D
Must spread karma around before giving it to NetDoc again!!

FFH

Veteran Member
jonny said:
[font=&quot]
That's definitely debatable. You're sounding a little fanatical right now, but it keeps life interesting. :)[/font]

I don't know what you're refering to, but I don't think that Michael was expecting to be twinkled. Since you want to bring religion into a political debate (and I really don't think they belong together), read 2 Nephi 1:7. We're not going to be taken over by terrorists.
I will do more than read that scripture I will post it here.

"Wherefore, this land is consecrated unto him whom he shall bring. And if it so be that they shall serve him according to the commandments which he hath given, it shall be a land of liberty unto unto them, wherefore, they shall never be brought down into captivity, if so, it shall be because of iniquity, for if iniquity shall abound cursed shall be the land for their sakes, but unto the righteous it shall be blessed forever."
2 Nephi 1: 7

The destiny of this land depends on the righteousness of the people.....It is very possible fo the people of this land to fall into captivity if we are not righteous...This country could be taken over by a non Christian one.....Terrorists would be at the forefront in this matter.......They pave the way for political leaders to take over countries....This is not fanatical it is a fact....... We are never safe from a takeover of another country THIS IS WHAT BUSH IS FIGHTING FOR........WE NEED TO KEEP PEOPLE LIKE HIM IN OFFICE OR WE WILL BE INVADED BY ANOTHER COUNTRY FOR SURE.....

THIS VERY SCRIPTURE POINTS THIS OUT.

THERE IS A COMMANDMENT WHICH COMES WITHA BLESSING AND A CURSE

RIGHTEOUSNESS LEADS TO LIBERTY
INIQUITY LEADS TO CAPTIVITY

the scripture says there is a condition to liberty in this land.... It is righteousness and if we fall into captivity it is because of iniquity.......

the scripture says that this land will never be brought down into captivity as long as we are RIGHTEOUS and if it does fall into captivity it is because of INIQUITY.

There is no guarantee that this land will not fall into captivity UNLESS WE ARE RIGHTEOUS.....

It is the iniquity of America that makes me nervous.....too much sin here.... it only makes us vulnerable to other nations....We cannot fall asleep and assume when we wake up that everything will be the same in the morning.....Alquaeda still wants to destroy Hollywood for all the trash that they put out.....The twin towers were not the only target on there list......They are mad at the filth that America puts out.....

jonny

Hi Faith,

I think you need to start another thread. This one isn't really supposed to be about the second coming.

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
I think that there are many Muslims in the world who do not know why President Bush is in Iraq or in the White House for that matter. I think that there are Muslims who do not know how Bush could still have supporters after the war that HE supposedly started.

Remember HE did not start the war. The TERRORISTS started the war.
ARRRRRRGHHH!!!! :banghead3 Terrorists, based in Afghanistan, attacked the WTC and Pentagon. We went to war against Afghanistan and toppled that govt, yet never found bin Laden. THEN, we went to war against Iraq. There is no evidence that Iraq had anything to do with the attack on 9/11. NO EVIDENCE. NONE. The war in Iraq is not the war on terror! Mr. Bush started the war against Iraq, not the terrorists. The only way that anyone could equate the war on terror with the war in Iraq is if they believed that all Muslims/Arabs are terrorists, and that is absolute BULL!!

Why do Muslims, and the rest of the world, believe that Bush invaded a country with no justification? Because he did!

FFH

Veteran Member
jonny said:
Hi Faith,

I think you need to start another thread. This one isn't really supposed to be about the second coming.
My point is that if we do not support people like Bush then we are setting ourselves up for the Second Coming of Christ...He will have to come down to take us up and out of here before it gets too bad for us as Christians...

Christ is only waiting to see what we will do.....

Our enemies are all around us....

If this country chooses a non praying non christian person in office, then we are choosing iniquity over righteousness. I cannot even begin to think of what might happen to this country if non God fearing man or woman were to be put into office.....

Things were starting to get out of hand with Clinton in office....There were breakdowns in the security of this country while he was in office... It only takes a few years for things to break down in the CIA, FBI, military, etc....This sets us up for another strike by terrorists......