• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Universe from Nothing?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
You said "I am quite happy with any and all the theories of how the universe was created because, no one knows the answer..." Now since the vacuum energy exists, it was either always there or it was created. So which is it, is it eternal or was it created?

I shall repeat for the hard of thinking, i assume nothing, what is so difficult for you to comprehend?

Whereas you assume eternity.

ChristineM

Premium Member
How do you live with your self? If you are sincerely wishing to flower, learn to be honest as the first step.

How do you live with the deception and ignorance you wallow in? Spouting personal attacks, ad hominem and hyperbole whenever you can't get your own way, its childishly pathetic

Fyi, i do not lie, i consider lying to be on a par with deliberate ignorance.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Fine, there is always the possibility in the future that you will find eternity is on the money.

Yes and there is the possibility that you find yourself very embarrassed if your armour is penetrable.

Fyi, when i first became interested in cosmology the limit of understanding was 10e-32 of a second from the bb. That knowledge has been pushed to 10e-43 of a second after the bb.

May not be in my lifetime or yours but science is getting closer to understanding and may one day have the answer.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
How do you live with the deception and ignorance you wallow in? Spouting personal attacks, ad hominem and hyperbole whenever you can't get your own way, its childishly pathetic

Fyi, i do not lie, i consider lying to be on a par with deliberate ignorance.
Ok ok, let's start a new chapter and cease the excessive snarkiness.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Yes and there is the possibility that you find yourself very embarrassed if your armour is penetrable.

Fyi, when i first became interested in cosmology the limit of understanding was 10e-32 of a second from the bb. That knowledge has been pushed to 10e-43 of a second after the bb.

May not be in my lifetime or yours but science is getting closer to understanding and may one day have the answer.
Science based purely on materialism and empiricism will never hack it, if it accepts the field of metaphysics, it will serve humanity better.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Science based purely on materialism and empiricism will never hack it, if it accepts the field of metaphysics, it will serve humanity better.
Nice bold empty claim.
Now all you have to do is show it to be true beyond wishful thinking.

Good luck

godnotgod

Thou art That
Well does not the strange world of QM with the collapse of quantum waveforms triggered by observation put pressure on materialism?

Yes, along with not only entangled photons, but entangled brains displaying signal-less communication, and what QM says about the 'material' world; that it is not material, but a 'superposition of possibilities', something Christine has yet to address, if she even dare.

I'd be willing to bet that no one on this thread can even begin to approach the notion of superposition in any standard logical manner.

Shall we add 'particles' as standing waves yet?

godnotgod

Thou art That
Here's a question I really need answered: If god is a spirit and only a spirit and his creation is physical matter and can only be that (which I can almost prove) how does he create something from nothing. Now I know God can't be all physical matter if he's perfect because then the part of him that is defiled (us) would make him imperfect.

The assumption everyone, both theists and atheists, operate upon is that something real called 'the material world' has been created. This presents a huge problem for both of them. But if the so-called 'material world' is an illusion, then nothing was ever created, only manifested, and an illusion cannot be defiled. So we have the divine nature playing itself as 'The World', just as formless Gold can be fashioned into the form of a gold necklace, all the while remaining pure and undefiled'Gold'.

As for proving the creation to be physical matter, we now have Quantum Physics telling us that what we envisioned as 'particles' are just energy excitations in their respective fields.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
everything is a bold, empty claim to him!
Nope.
Just the bold empty claims are bold empty claims.

Of course, all one has to do is support their bold empty claim and show it is not a bold empty claim.
When are YOU going to start?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Well does not the strange world of QM with the collapse of quantum waveforms triggered by observation put pressure on materialism?
No surprise here.
Instead of substantiating your bold empty claim, you attempt to divert attention away from your bold empty claim.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
Nope.

Of course, all one has to do is support their bold empty claim and show it is not a bold empty claim.
Nope.

how would you scientifically test if there is fundamental intelligence in the universe?

ChristineM

Premium Member

If metaphysics was accurate, like maths, of falsifiable like science then it will be accepted as maths or science, as it is, its just guesswork, fortune falling.

Its definition gives it as being abstract and having no basis in reality.

So you believe abstract fantasy will serve humanity better than say medical science..

After thinking about it I think creation was a very complicated process. 'God' probably had to create something from nothing because I think that would be more likely than God being physical matter. I think that'd be impossible because if we the accursed were a part of God he would have defiled himself which is impossible.

ChristineM

Premium Member
After thinking about it I think creation was a very complicated process. 'God' probably had to create something from nothing because I think that would be more likely than God being physical matter. I think that'd be impossible because if we the accursed were a part of God he would have defiled himself which is impossible.

What? Something from nothing? Perhaps you need to run their past ben d