• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Almost Every Christian Going To Hell According To Bible

Muffled

Jesus in me
You are under the misconception that sin is the reason people go to hell.

I don't think people actually "go" to hell. People end up there because of their beliefs and are sent there because of their wickedness. I can tell someone to go to Hell but I find they aren't willing to oblige.

Last edited:

Muffled

Jesus in me
There is always a new answer from different Christians , and what do you mean that 'Jesus was speaking generally, not specifically'----that means that if Jesus(pbuh) tells us anything generally we should ignore him :facepalm:

In fact it has been explicitly & specifically spoken by Jesus(pbuh) that anyone who divorces his wife and marries another women commits adultery , there are no conditions mentioned in those verses

Mohammed comitted adultery by having multiple wives.

Jesus is speaking in general about relative value and about the law. Those who trust in their own righteousness under the law face the prospect of Hell. Of course this does not include Christians because we are not under the law but under grace. Jesus at the time he was speaking was talking to those who trusted in the law.

Mt 5:32 but I say unto you, that every one that putteth away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, maketh her an adulteress: and whosoever shall marry her when she is put away committeth adultery.

That is the word that indicates an exception.

Muffled

Jesus in me
The issue is remarrying after divorce not marrying more women

also the issue is other forms of adultery common in Christian society ie sleeping with your Gf ,Bf before getting married

Makes me wonder if God didn't allow polygamy he could have just mentioned it in Bible in clear words :confused:

He does.
De 17:17 Neither shall he multiply wives to himself, that his heart turn not away: neither shall he greatly multiply to himself silver and gold.

Ben Masada

By saying that ' Almost Every Christian Going To Hell According To Bible' is like saying that the suffering, death and our own faith to the Lord to 'supposedly' save us from our sins is useless because you are saying that we (christians) are going to hell 'according to the Bible' itself.

Don't worry about Hell. No one is going to hell, simply because there is no such a place to go to. Christianity plagiarized the idea from Greek Mythology in order to scare the naive ones inside the church and keep on making a living out of them.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Don't worry about Hell. No one is going to hell, simply because there is no such a place to go to. Christianity plagiarized the idea from Greek Mythology in order to scare the naive ones inside the church and keep on making a living out of them.

Prove it.

There is no evidence to support this concept. It is not diificult to believe that God can speak about a place that exists without having to correlate it to peoples myths.
In fact I have not seen any reference to those myths in the statements made by Jesus. It appears that Jesus referenced a local burning garbage dump (Gehenna) that was familiar to local Jews as an example of what Hell would be like.

outhouse

Atheistically

ding ding ding ding

we have a winner LOL

why cant people just read the bible for themselves and not discount the OT.

sheol and hades were used as grave or pit in the OT. then it transformed magically to gehenna were the city dump burned 24/7 [possibly] so that is where the eternal flame starts up in the mythical hell. only what 700ad did the term hell get imagined.

it was clear evolution of hell over a 1700 year period and its easy to see for a grade school student.

outhouse

Atheistically
Prove it.

There is no evidence to support this concept. It is not diificult to believe that God can speak about a place that exists without having to correlate it to peoples myths.
In fact I have not seen any reference to those myths in the statements made by Jesus. It appears that Jesus referenced a local burning garbage dump (Gehenna) that was familiar to local Jews as an example of what Hell would be like.

make sense please

a hell like place existed before jesus :facepalm:

the bible used hades which is a myth in itself. I wish christians knew there pagan herritage

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Prove it.

its easily proved by you simply going back to the original meaning of words which are translated as hell

the hebrew word is sheol and greek word is hades

look them up and you'll see that they mean no such place of fiery torment. Ben Masada is quite right. The early church was made up of mostly gentiles from pagan religions who began to explain christianity in terms of their pagan ideas.

waitasec

Veteran Member
Prove it.

i'm amazed at this stance. a loving benevolent god using hell as an ultimatum.
this is one of the biggest fallacies believers fall for. let me give you an example of what blind faith does;
mother theresa was the biggest hypocrite for the world to see. she proclaimed that birth control was worse than aids, she announced to the world it is the will of god to be born into needless suffering, therefore perpetuating the misery in india. and the religious community, the world (practically) adored her for her selflessness, when in fact schools were built in her name and she made shoty deals with known criminals. and she became saint material? no this was not a humble women, this women exulted herself and the people understood it as humility...one of the biggest cons in history.
here's another tale of hypocrisy led by blind faith;
why is it every time a movie comes out that stretches the boundaries of religious faith you see the church protesting against it? is faith so fragile? you betcha!! why is then whenever an appalling disgusting violent movie comes out the church is silent? double standard for the world to see, but not for the faithful who choose to be blind.
the idea of hell, is for those that are too weak to stand up for integrity and self respect...surely we can give ourselves a little more credit than that.

Muffled

Jesus in me
make sense please

a hell like place existed before jesus :facepalm:

the bible used hades which is a myth in itself. I wish christians knew there pagan herritage

I like your sense of humor.

What is your point?

Everyone needs a reference point. When writing to a greek speaking audience use a greek reference. When translating to English the word "hell" should be used because it is part of our heritage even if it is a Norse myth. The word does not change the reality nor is myth equivalent to falsehood.

I think you are mixed up. Most Christians I know don't give their heritage a thought. Why should they? Our Christianity did not come from Paganism.

Muffled

Jesus in me
its easily proved by you simply going back to the original meaning of words which are translated as hell

the hebrew word is sheol and greek word is hades

look them up and you'll see that they mean no such place of fiery torment. Ben Masada is quite right. The early church was made up of mostly gentiles from pagan religions who began to explain christianity in terms of their pagan ideas.

You will not prove any of Ben Masada's statement by going back to words in the original language.

You will have to provide references, otherwise you have just thrown out some words out of context and said, "see." I see words, so what?

Let me see if I have you right? You think the Apostle Paul who as a Jew studied under Gamaliel and inspired by the Holy Spirit has pagan roots? Perhaps you mean one of the Apostles like Peter or John who were Jews? Maybe you should tell me who you think these people are and what their roots are since you know so much?

Muffled

Jesus in me
]i'm amazed at this stance. a loving benevolent god using hell as an ultimatum.[/COLOR]
this is one of the biggest fallacies believers fall for. let me give you an example of what blind faith does;
mother theresa was the biggest hypocrite for the world to see. she proclaimed that birth control was worse than aids, she announced to the world it is the will of god to be born into needless suffering, therefore perpetuating the misery in india. and the religious community, the world (practically) adored her for her selflessness, when in fact schools were built in her name and she made shoty deals with known criminals. and she became saint material? no this was not a humble women, this women exulted herself and the people understood it as humility...one of the biggest cons in history.
here's another tale of hypocrisy led by blind faith;
why is it every time a movie comes out that stretches the boundaries of religious faith you see the church protesting against it? is faith so fragile? you betcha!! why is then whenever an appalling disgusting violent movie comes out the church is silent? double standard for the world to see, but not for the faithful who choose to be blind.
the idea of hell, is for those that are too weak to stand up for integrity and self respect...surely we can give ourselves a little more credit than that.

That is an interesting view. I can imagine it as one used by gung-ho evangelists but I perceive the verse in reference as providing a warning. It is somewhat akin to a parent telling his child "don't touch that hot stove or you will get burned."

I take it by blind faith you are referring to yourself.

So in otherwords since you are so ignorant and lacking in understanding you can attribute that to other peoples blind faith instead of your own?

Despite the non-sequitor, accusing people of being weak because they believe in Hell makes no sense. What is that weakness? can you describe it? I think Chritians do an adequate job on integrity and self respect.

Credit is due where credit is earned. You have not achieved it at all.

waitasec

Veteran Member
That is an interesting view. I can imagine it as one used by gung-ho evangelists but I perceive the verse in reference as providing a warning. It is somewhat akin to a parent telling his child "don't touch that hot stove or you will get burned."

I take it by blind faith you are referring to yourself.

So in otherwords since you are so ignorant and lacking in understanding you can attribute that to other peoples blind faith instead of your own?

Despite the non-sequitor, accusing people of being weak because they believe in Hell makes no sense. What is that weakness? can you describe it? I think Chritians do an adequate job on integrity and self respect.

Credit is due where credit is earned. You have not achieved it at all.

well faith is what what faith does...
am i wrong about mother theresa? am i wrong about how the church, the beacon of morality, is more concerned about it's so called faith than standing up against violent movies...am i wrong? where are all the protest from the church when it comes to the demoralization of poor children living in this country where they are subjected to a freakin lottery that will determine the trajectory of their life...where is it? i don't see it...point the way and i'll shut up, i'll be glad to be proven wrong...really i would.

kylixguru

In Western countries(Christian Majority)----Adultery is common

Now according to the Bible almost every Christian is going to Hell

New-Testament

Matthew 19:9 "I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, and marries another woman commits adultery."

Mark 10:11 "Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery against her."

Mark 10:12 "And if she divorces her husband and marries another man, she commits adultery."

Luke 16:18 "Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery, and the man who marries a divorced woman commits adultery."

Old-Testament

Deuteronomy 22:22 "If a man is found sleeping with another man's wife, both the man who slept with her and the woman must die."

Leviticus 20:10 "If a man commits adultery with another man's wife--with the wife of his neighbor--both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to death."

Proverbs 6:32 "But a man who commits adultery lacks judgment; whoever does so destroys himself."

Also point to be noted according Jesus(pbuh) the laws of Old-Testament are still valid and are applicable upon Christians

Matthew 5:17-19 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. 19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Now My point ,Since adultery is clearly prohibited in the Bible, and since most Western Christians today are divorced and are either living with their boyfriends/girlfriends or married to other people, wouldn't that cause for them to be thrown in Hell? After all, most Western Christians according to the Bible are committing adultery ,and according to Ot "both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to death.":confused:
I agree with pretty much everything you are saying here. Though, I'd like to mention that they don't need to wait until their afterlife to be thrown into hell. They are making of our society a living hell right here and now.

Have a nice day!

Ben Masada

Why "almost" every Christian is going to hell? Don't they believe in hell? I suppose they do. Well, hell is for those who believe in it.

Only 1/3rd of the Israelites are gonna make it. That's all satin is waring against. That's all he is worried about.

Rev. 3And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.
Rev. 4And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

John 8:32
thecomforter.info

Muffled

Jesus in me
Only 1/3rd of the Israelites are gonna make it. That's all satin is waring against. That's all he is worried about.

Rev. 3And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.
Rev. 4And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

John 8:32
thecomforter.info

That is oblique at best. More likely it is only the 144,000 out of the millions which doesn't even come close to a third.