• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Almost Every Christian Going To Hell According To Bible

Muffled

Jesus in me
Why "almost" every Christian is going to hell? Don't they believe in hell? I suppose they do. Well, hell is for those who believe in it.

Really! I thought hell was for those who escaped the holocaust. Probably Satan likes fire so much because it destroys things and Jesus says this about him: He comes only to steal, kill and destroy.

Ben Masada

Really! I thought hell was for those who escaped the holocaust. Probably Satan likes fire so much because it destroys things and Jesus says this about him: He comes only to steal, kill and destroy.

Oh! So, you are one of those who believe in Satan. Muffled, Satan does not exist as a being. Satan is but a concept to illustrate the evil inclination in man, as a result of the ill-use of his freewill. Satan as a being was fabricated by religious crooks to make an easy living out of the naive ones of this world.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Oh! So, you are one of those who believe in Satan. Muffled, Satan does not exist as a being. Satan is but a concept to illustrate the evil inclination in man, as a result of the ill-use of his freewill. Satan as a being was fabricated by religious crooks to make an easy living out of the naive ones of this world.

That is blashpemy. You are calling God a liar.

Muffled

Jesus in me
well that's not a good argument for religious faith, is it?
what was that anyway?
:shrug:

That was a play on the words of Jesus:

Mat 7:24 Every one therefore that heareth these words of mine, and doeth them, shall be likened unto a wise man, who built his house upon the rock: 25 and the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon the rock. 26 And every one that heareth these words of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, who built his house upon the sand: 27 and the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and smote upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall thereof.

There can be no more sound faith than a faith placed in God.

waitasec

Veteran Member
That was a play on the words of Jesus:

Mat 7:24 Every one therefore that heareth these words of mine, and doeth them, shall be likened unto a wise man, who built his house upon the rock: 25 and the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon the rock. 26 And every one that heareth these words of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, who built his house upon the sand: 27 and the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and smote upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall thereof.

There can be no more sound faith than a faith placed in God.

well anyone knows, and certainly jesus..., that it's foolish to build a house on a rock :sarcastic
if we were to take the word rock literally....
seem to me this speaks volumes of how faith is shallow, because in order to build a house one has to dig deep and create a sturdy foundation to keep the house from crumbling from the elements...
such as fear, the worst element to deal with, don't you think?

Muffled

Jesus in me
well anyone knows, and certainly jesus..., that it's foolish to build a house on a rock :sarcastic
if we were to take the word rock literally....
seem to me this speaks volumes of how faith is shallow, because in order to build a house one has to dig deep and create a sturdy foundation to keep the house from crumbling from the elements...
such as fear, the worst element to deal with, don't you think?

I tend to agree. He is probably using it as a metaphor for a sound foudation that can't be shaken. When there is an earthquake houses built on sand are the most likely to fall and those houses on firmer ground tend to stand. Notoriously those who build along rivers or oceans are building on silt or sand and are msot subject to wind and waves. I wouldn't want to build a house near a volcano either.

Jesus says that not listening to Him and doing what he says is the worst element. Fear is only a symptom of the former.

1Jo 4:18 There is no fear in love: but perfect love casteth out fear, because fear hath punishment; and he that feareth is not made perfect in love.

waitasec

Veteran Member
I tend to agree. He is probably using it as a metaphor for a sound foudation that can't be shaken. When there is an earthquake houses built on sand are the most likely to fall and those houses on firmer ground tend to stand. Notoriously those who build along rivers or oceans are building on silt or sand and are msot subject to wind and waves. I wouldn't want to build a house near a volcano either.

Jesus says that not listening to Him and doing what he says is the worst element. Fear is only a symptom of the former.

1Jo 4:18 There is no fear in love: but perfect love casteth out fear, because fear hath punishment; and he that feareth is not made perfect in love.

i like that verse a lot. i find it to be truthful.

it's also interesting to me that in matthew 11:20-30
jesus would revert to this...

20 Then Jesus began to denounce the towns in which most of his miracles had been performed, because they did not repent. 21 “Woe to you, Chorazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! For if the miracles that were performed in you had been performed in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes. 22 But I tell you, it will be more bearable for Tyre and Sidon on the day of judgment than for you. 23 And you, Capernaum, will you be lifted to the heavens? No, you will go down to Hades.[a] For if the miracles that were performed in you had been performed in Sodom, it would have remained to this day. 24 But I tell you that it will be more bearable for Sodom on the day of judgment than for you.”

seems to me this is more of a bullying tactic...not so loving.
because 1 cor 13:4
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

and jesus isn't so kind either or delights in truth and doesn't want to protect hope for those on the outside
mark 4:11-12
11 He told them, “The secret of the kingdom of God has been given to you. But to those on the outside everything is said in parables 12 so that,

“‘they may be ever seeing but never perceiving, and ever hearing but never understanding; otherwise they might turn and be forgiven!’

Danmac

Do you mean he assumed the name satan after the Torah?

satan is a brilliant masquerader.

2nd Cor 11:13 For such men are false Apostles, workers of deceit, making themselves seem like Apostles of Christ.
14 And it is no wonder; for even Satan himself is able to take the form of an angel of light.
15 So it is no great thing if his servants make themselves seem to be servants of righteousness; whose end will be the reward of their works.

Muffled

Jesus in me
i like that verse a lot. i find it to be truthful.

it's also interesting to me that in matthew 11:20-30
jesus would revert to this...

20 Then Jesus began to denounce the towns in which most of his miracles had been performed, because they did not repent. 21 “Woe to you, Chorazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! For if the miracles that were performed in you had been performed in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes. 22 But I tell you, it will be more bearable for Tyre and Sidon on the day of judgment than for you. 23 And you, Capernaum, will you be lifted to the heavens? No, you will go down to Hades.[a] For if the miracles that were performed in you had been performed in Sodom, it would have remained to this day. 24 But I tell you that it will be more bearable for Sodom on the day of judgment than for you.”

seems to me this is more of a bullying tactic...not so loving.
because 1 cor 13:4
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

and jesus isn't so kind either or delights in truth and doesn't want to protect hope for those on the outside
mark 4:11-12
11 He told them, “The secret of the kingdom of God has been given to you. But to those on the outside everything is said in parables 12 so that,

“‘they may be ever seeing but never perceiving, and ever hearing but never understanding; otherwise they might turn and be forgiven!’

I doubt you can find arguments to support this view. I think it is "a priori" thinking on your part.

Again, you have made an insupportable statement. I think that I will have to love you by speaking in parables to you because you need someone to draw you a picture since you have so much trouble understanding words.

kylixguru

I doubt you can find arguments to support this view. I think it is "a priori" thinking on your part.

Again, you have made an insupportable statement. I think that I will have to love you by speaking in parables to you because you need someone to draw you a picture since you have so much trouble understanding words.
This can be supported. Christians are the "lost sheep of Israel". They have been decreed by God to be put under a period of punishment for their collective adultery as His bride. They shall be healed, but not until the timing is correct for this phase of things. Thus, almost every Christian is going to hell, just as the OP suggests, until the time of the redemption of the northern tribes of Israel has come and they go through the part of "being given into the hand of the enemy" and the small remnant remains that is refined and purified. See Leviticus 26 v24 to the end of the chapter for how this shall play out. God has been in opposition to the scattered people of the northern kingdom for 2,730 years. See Ezekiel 4 in combination with this to get the 390 years times 7.

God is opposing us and delivering us into the hand of our enemy because this is in accordance with the terms and conditions of the covenant we entered into. The moral of the story here is don't commit adultery and blasphemy against God. The Jews of the southern kingdom were also handed this same cup, per Ezekiel 23:31. Thus, Christians and Jews both are going through hell and we have not seen the end of things yet. The great scourge and refining fire is yet to come in consequence of our former sins.

THIS

REINCARNATION
THAT THE GREEK IN NEW TESTAMENT DOES NOT SAY ETERNAL SUFFERING
FOR THE WICKED THAT GO TO HELL...

AH adultery
and throw in homosexuality
coz certainly to be safe in heaven
one has to keep out the homosexuals too
not just those hormone crazy adulterers:)
just the saints a la paul
better not to marry at all ...
and devote all self to service to god

but back to reincarnation and such....
and adultery
and the original sin before adam
and yes the bible doesnt say our sins began with adam
rather death entered the world and passed to all humaniy
already in a state of sin
u c
thus death was added to their sinful state by adam
..see romans 5th chapter verse 11 or 12
and check out the greek maybe to in verse 19

anyways:)
WHAT ADULTERY IS ALL ABOUT SYMBOLICALLY
adulterate, debase, doctor, load
These verbs mean to make impure or inferior by adding foreign substances to something: adulterate coffee with ground acorns; silver debased with copper; doctored the wine with water; rag paper loaded with wood fiber.
IN TERMS OF CHAPTER ONE OF ROMANS..

Rom 1:17 For in it is revealed the righteousness of God, from faith to faith; as it is written, The righteous by faith, shall live.
Rom 1:18 For the wrath of God from heaven is revealed against all the iniquity and wickedness of men, who hold the truth in iniquity.
Rom 1:19 Because a knowledge of God is manifest in them; for God hath manifested it in them.
Rom 1:20 For, from the foundations of the world, the occult things of God are seen, by the intellect, in the things he created, even his eternal power and divinity; so that they might be without excuse;
Rom 1:21 because they knew God, and did not glorify him and give thanks to him as God, but became vain in their imaginings, and their unwise heart was darkened.
Rom 1:22 And, while they thought within themselves that they were wise, they became fools.
Rom 1:23 And they changed the glory of the incorruptible God into a likeness to the image of a corruptible man, and into the likeness of birds and quadrupeds and reptiles on the earth.
Rom 1:24 For this cause, God gave them up to the filthy lusts of their heart, to dishonor their bodies with them.
Rom 1:25 And they changed the truth of God into a lie; and worshipped and served the created things, much more than the Creator of them, to whom belong glory and blessing, for ever and ever: Amen.
Rom 1:26 For this cause, God gave them up to vile passions: for their females changed the use of their natures, and employed that which is unnatural.
Rom 1:27 And so also their males forsook the use of females, which is natural, and burned with lust toward one another; and, male with male, they did what is shameful, and received in themselves the just recompense of their error.
Rom 1:28 And as they did not determine with themselves to know God, God gave them over to a vain mind; that they might do what they ought not,

FOR FEMALE SYMBOLICALLY read the receptive subconscious aspect of a soul..
FOR MALE read the active conscious thoughts and actions of a soul..
and you could be on the road to a deeper understanding of the bible...

In Western countries(Christian Majority)----Adultery is common

Now according to the Bible almost every Christian is going to Hell

New-Testament

Matthew 19:9 "I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, and marries another woman commits adultery."

Mark 10:11 "Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery against her."

Mark 10:12 "And if she divorces her husband and marries another man, she commits adultery."

Luke 16:18 "Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery, and the man who marries a divorced woman commits adultery."

Old-Testament

Deuteronomy 22:22 "If a man is found sleeping with another man's wife, both the man who slept with her and the woman must die."

Leviticus 20:10 "If a man commits adultery with another man's wife--with the wife of his neighbor--both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to death."

Proverbs 6:32 "But a man who commits adultery lacks judgment; whoever does so destroys himself."

Also point to be noted according Jesus(pbuh) the laws of Old-Testament are still valid and are applicable upon Christians

Matthew 5:17-19 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. 19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Now My point ,Since adultery is clearly prohibited in the Bible, and since most Western Christians today are divorced and are either living with their boyfriends/girlfriends or married to other people, wouldn't that cause for them to be thrown in Hell? After all, most Western Christians according to the Bible are committing adultery ,and according to Ot "both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to death.":confused:

Good job, you got that one right. However, the implications of divorce and remarriage are earth-shattering. If I bring up this conversation with my friends, they cease to be my friends. I think that this conclusion is correct and your position is sound. Remarriage to someone who is divorced is a no..no. I've tried to do a work around this subject and I can only come up with the same conclusion that you did.

Muffled

Jesus in me
This can be supported. Christians are the "lost sheep of Israel". They have been decreed by God to be put under a period of punishment for their collective adultery as His bride. They shall be healed, but not until the timing is correct for this phase of things. Thus, almost every Christian is going to hell, just as the OP suggests, until the time of the redemption of the northern tribes of Israel has come and they go through the part of "being given into the hand of the enemy" and the small remnant remains that is refined and purified. See Leviticus 26 v24 to the end of the chapter for how this shall play out. God has been in opposition to the scattered people of the northern kingdom for 2,730 years. See Ezekiel 4 in combination with this to get the 390 years times 7.

God is opposing us and delivering us into the hand of our enemy because this is in accordance with the terms and conditions of the covenant we entered into. The moral of the story here is don't commit adultery and blasphemy against God. The Jews of the southern kingdom were also handed this same cup, per Ezekiel 23:31. Thus, Christians and Jews both are going through hell and we have not seen the end of things yet. The great scourge and refining fire is yet to come in consequence of our former sins.

Evidently God didn't get your memo that it was supposed to be that way.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Good job, you got that one right. However, the implications of divorce and remarriage are earth-shattering. If I bring up this conversation with my friends, they cease to be my friends. I think that this conclusion is correct and your position is sound. Remarriage to someone who is divorced is a no..no. I've tried to do a work around this subject and I can only come up with the same conclusion that you did.

Not in the least is he right. Christians are saved by grace not works.

Legalism is a no..no. I eat pork and worship on Sunday. Jesus doesn't even blink an eyelash. If I don't forgive my wife I get my comeuppance. However even in that God is gentle with me. However even if I were not to forgive my wife, it still would not change my salvation because it is based on grace not on works.