• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Almost Every Christian Going To Hell According To Bible

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
In Western countries(Christian Majority)----Adultery is common

Now according to the Bible almost every Christian is going to Hell

New-Testament

Matthew 19:9 "I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, and marries another woman commits adultery."

Mark 10:11 "Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery against her."

Mark 10:12 "And if she divorces her husband and marries another man, she commits adultery."

Luke 16:18 "Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery, and the man who marries a divorced woman commits adultery."

Old-Testament

Deuteronomy 22:22 "If a man is found sleeping with another man's wife, both the man who slept with her and the woman must die."

Leviticus 20:10 "If a man commits adultery with another man's wife--with the wife of his neighbor--both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to death."

Proverbs 6:32 "But a man who commits adultery lacks judgment; whoever does so destroys himself."

Also point to be noted according Jesus(pbuh) the laws of Old-Testament are still valid and are applicable upon Christians

Matthew 5:17-19 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. 19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Now My point ,Since adultery is clearly prohibited in the Bible, and since most Western Christians today are divorced and are either living with their boyfriends/girlfriends or married to other people, wouldn't that cause for them to be thrown in Hell? After all, most Western Christians according to the Bible are committing adultery ,and according to Ot "both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to death.":confused:
You're confused. Sin does not send anyone to Hell. Rejection of Christ does.

jtartar

New-Testament

Matthew 19:9 "I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, and marries another woman commits adultery."

Mark 10:11 "Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery against her."

Mark 10:12 "And if she divorces her husband and marries another man, she commits adultery."

Luke 16:18 "Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery, and the man who marries a divorced woman commits adultery."

Old-Testament

Deuteronomy 22:22 "If a man is found sleeping with another man's wife, both the man who slept with her and the woman must die."

Leviticus 20:10 "If a man commits adultery with another man's wife--with the wife of his neighbor--both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to death."

Proverbs 6:32 "But a man who commits adultery lacks judgment; whoever does so destroys himself."

Also point to be noted according Jesus(pbuh) the laws of Old-Testament are still valid and are applicable upon Christians

Matthew 5:17-19 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. 19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Now My point ,Since adultery is clearly prohibited in the Bible, and since most Western Christians today are divorced and are either living with their boyfriends/girlfriends or married to other people, wouldn't that cause for them to be thrown in Hell? After all, most Western Christians according to the Bible are committing adultery ,and according to Ot "both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to death.":confused:

A Thousand Suns,
Just as in your religion, all people who call themselves Christian are not Christian.
The fact is NO CHRISTIAN will go into The Lake of Fire, which is the symbol for everlasting destruction, or death.
The term that you are using, HELL, is actually a corruption of the Greek word HADES, and actually means the place of dead ones.
People who call themselves Christian are fulfilling exactly what the Bible said. Look at Rom 2:23,24, These ones are causing the people of the nations to blaspheme the name of God, because the profess to be following Him, but in fact are more reprehensible than even those who deny God completely, adn do not even claim to be His people.
I don't blame you for your condemnation of professed Christianity, for it's immorality of every kind, murder on a colossal scale, both in inhumane wars and in the murder of unborn babies, by the millions. Believe me, those people who have anything to do with those things ARE NOT CHRISTIANS!!! Titus 1:16.
God's promise is that He will destroy all who do not know Him and do not obey the Lord Jesus Christ, 2The 1:6-9.

blackout

Violet.
Does the bible ever use the word 'christian' or 'christians' or 'christianity'?

Maybe paul?

I know Jesus doesn't.

F0uad

Now i see many people using double-standards please people study your own religion first before you attack someone else, and if you are not sure about something ''Ask'' don't claim something.

That said i do think having more then One wife is not forbidden according to Biblical-law but according to ''Christanity'' that developed later on without Biblical refrences and if it has one then the Prophets were mostly wrong such as David, Abraham and Salomon (peace be upon them).

"Blessed are the poor in spirit... You have heard that it was said to those of old, 'You shall not murder'... But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without cause shall be in danger of the judgment... Therefore if you bring your gift to the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there before the altar, and go your way... I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart." Mat. 5:3-28

But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, causes her to become an adulteress, and anyone who marries the divorced woman commits adultery.
Mat 5:32

There are many more verses that point out to Adultery it is forbidden and are a sin but as the Christians claim those sins can be forgiven like in Islam they can also be forgiven. But i do see the Op's point of brining forth the Western-World Moral standards i guess what he is trying to say is if more people followed the Scriptures you would have a nicer and better ''West''...
And certainly with the Rape, Insect, Criminal, Killing, Suicide (list goes on) rate that is only increasing

Last edited:

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
There are many more verses that point out to Adultery it is forbidden and are a sin but as the Christians claim those sins can be forgiven
Not can be -- are.

bribrius

Not can be -- are.
i prefer can be. If you repeatedly do it, pre-emptively do it, asking forgiveness and planning on asking forgiveness before you repeat the sin im not sure one would find it. people seem to look at christ as a get out of jail free card (get out of accountability card) and i dont quite agree.
if you know you are doing wrong, well asking for forgiveness after the fact of your pre planned transgressions isn't exactly asking in earnest.

bribrius

New-Testament

Old-Testament

people change their God to appease themself. Although
God may not change, they change God in their heads to have a different standard in which they can more easily attain.
i agree, western churches are full of them. Which is really not any issue for me personally. But i think they would be better off just staring a more liberal religion under a different name because there is only so much you can tweak the old one to make the standards lower for themselves.

sojourner

i prefer can be. If you repeatedly do it, pre-emptively do it, asking forgiveness and planning on asking forgiveness before you repeat the sin im not sure one would find it. people seem to look at christ as a get out of jail free card (get out of accountability card) and i dont quite agree.
if you know you are doing wrong, well asking for forgiveness after the fact of your pre planned transgressions isn't exactly asking in earnest.
That places the onus on us, though. It isn't. The onus is on God, who does not wait for us to ask before forgiving us.

bribrius

That places the onus on us, though. It isn't. The onus is on God, who does not wait for us to ask before forgiving us.
The old testament didnt offer repentance for deliberate sin, neither does the new. You heart has to be earnest in its wanting forgiveness.
There is born in sin, sinning ignorantly, and then willfull sin.
Willfull sin isn't as cut and dry to be forgiven of through grace. Since you have to have a repentent heart just to receive the grace of forgiveness. If you are willfully sinning, how receptive is your heart?

Hebrews 10;
26 For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, 27but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries.

just my opinion. i think continuous willful sinning will put one onto another road on judgment day than the preferable one. The idea is to try NOT to sin. Not willfully sin.

sojourner

The old testament didnt offer repentance for deliberate sin, neither does the new. You heart has to be earnest in its wanting forgiveness.
Willfull sin isn't as cut and dry to be forgiven of through grace. Since you have to have a repentent heart just to receive the grace of forgiveness. If you are willfully sinning, how receptive is your heart?
What about the woman caught in prostitution? That was certainly a willful act of sin. And she wasn't asking for forgiveness. Jesus simply forgave her.
The idea is to try NOT to sin. Not willfully sin.
Well, duh!

Muffled

Jesus in me
Not can be -- are.

Anything except blasphemy against the Holy Spirit can be forgiven but it is better to do things god's way and not sufer the consequences of sin. David and Solomon suffeed because they took multiple wives.

From my experience most people have trouble doing justice to one wife let alone more than one.

I like God's perspective on multiple relationships. He calls it confusion.

Muffled

Jesus in me

Hebrews 10;
26 For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, 27but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries.

just my opinion. i think continuous willful sinning will put one onto another road on judgment day than the preferable one. The idea is to try NOT to sin. Not willfully sin.

However Paul recognizes that there is a will of the flesh that is contrary to the will of the spirit and sometimes the former wins out. Rom 7:22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
23 but I see a different law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity under the law of sin which is in my members.

That probably is the key concept. Anyone can fall victim to sin but when sin becomes a practice the person is acting contrary to salvation (as an anti-christ) and is not a real Christian.

Muffled

Jesus in me
What about the woman caught in prostitution? That was certainly a willful act of sin. And she wasn't asking for forgiveness. Jesus simply forgave her.

Well, duh!

Not exactly. he told her to go and sin no more. And he did not say that he forgave her only that He did not condemn her. However the reason for that was not because He approved of her sin or found her not guilty but rather tht she had been done an injustice by choosing to make her an example while allowing the man to go free. By allowing her to go free He was simply appying equal justice.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Not exactly. he told her to go and sin no more. And he did not say that he forgave her only that He did not condemn her. However the reason for that was not because He approved of her sin or found her not guilty but rather tht she had been done an injustice by choosing to make her an example while allowing the man to go free. By allowing her to go free He was simply appying equal justice.

He did forgive the jews who were spiting on him, pointing and laughing at him, etc while he carried the cross.

I am going to take a wild guess and believe they didn´t precisely asked for forgiveness.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Can´t find that verse :shrug:

Lev 18:4 Mine ordinances shall ye do, and my statutes shall ye keep, to walk therein: I am Jehovah your God. 23 And thou shalt not lie with any beast to defile thyself therewith; neither shall any woman stand before a beast, to lie down thereto: it is confusion.

De 17:17 Neither shall he multiply wives to himself, that his heart turn not away: neither shall he greatly multiply to himself silver and gold.

That is due to the fact that I am combining verses. In essence any law breaking is confusion. Another word for it might be perversion. God has a standard of perfection but the devil does his best to try to muddle peoples thinking, so that they think there is a better way to live.

Muffled

Jesus in me
He did forgive the jews who were spiting on him, pointing and laughing at him, etc while he carried the cross.

I am going to take a wild guess and believe they didn´t precisely asked for forgiveness.

However, it was not considered by Jesus to be a wilfull sin because "they know not what they do." In fact they thought they were being righteous.

However in forgiving them He also comdemned them as sinners, because the righteous have no need to be forgiven. (People still do this, condemn a person by forgiving them)

I forgive all thos people who voted for Obama. They couldn't have known how bad he would be except for the fact that he was a democrrat and therfore would most likely be in favor of murdering children and supporting sexual perversion.