• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Almost Every Christian Going To Hell According To Bible

waitasec

Veteran Member
I doubt you can find arguments to support this view. I think it is "a priori" thinking on your part.

but i presented an argument
:confused:

Again, you have made an insupportable statement. I think that I will have to love you by speaking in parables to you because you need someone to draw you a picture since you have so much trouble understanding words.

well Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

does love have a time limit or does it cease in the face of a challenge?

john 2:13 When it was almost time for the Jewish Passover, Jesus went up to Jerusalem. 14 In the temple courts he found people selling cattle, sheep and doves, and others sitting at tables exchanging money. 15 So he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple courts, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables. 16 To those who sold doves he said, “Get these out of here! Stop turning my Father’s house into a market!” 17 His disciples remembered that it is written: “Zeal for your house will consume me.”

sounds like he lost it to me...not very godly. he failed to show love when it was too difficult and resorted to hostile behavior which of course is sign of insecurity...no not very godly like at all actually...

Last edited:

kylixguru

he failed to show love when it was too difficult and resorted to hostile behavior which of course is sign of insecurity...no not very godly like at all actually...
So you think taking over a religious institution in order to accomplish with it the opposite of the purposes for establishing it should be met with love and tenderness after repeated warnings and calls to repent have been ignored? The greatest prophet ever was relegated to living out in the wilderness because of the complete corruption of the religious orders of the day. And, eventually, they had him beheaded because of his opposition to their unlawful and hypocritical abuses of the people. So, you can stand and sneer at Jesus for having the fortitude to do what was obviously required to cleanse his Father's house. Did he go in and start to murder people? Was he having people beheaded to further his agenda? The whole reason people find themselves in this situation is because people in general are too cowardly to stand up to perverted religious tyranny. For starters, too few even have the depth of understanding to know when their rights are being abused. Thinking such as you present furthers this lack of depth and understanding.

waitasec

Veteran Member
So you think taking over a religious institution in order to accomplish with it the opposite of the purposes for establishing it should be met with love and tenderness after repeated warnings and calls to repent have been ignored?
turn the other cheek...
jesus says one thing but does another...he didn't always lead by example and succumbed to anger...not the definition of love...true love....:rolleyes:
there are contradictions...as i pointed out.
here's another story:
mark 3
1 Another time Jesus went into the synagogue, and a man with a shriveled hand was there. 2 Some of them were looking for a reason to accuse Jesus, so they watched him closely to see if he would heal him on the Sabbath. 3 Jesus said to the man with the shriveled hand, “Stand up in front of everyone.”
4 Then Jesus asked them, “Which is lawful on the Sabbath: to do good or to do evil, to save life or to kill?” But they remained silent.

5 He looked around at them in anger and, deeply distressed at their stubborn hearts, said to the man, “Stretch out your hand.” He stretched it out, and his hand was completely restored. 6 Then the Pharisees went out and began to plot with the Herodians how they might kill Jesus.

let me remind you:
well Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres...

so as a god who knows everything why would jesus get angry, or god for that matter...it's not as though there's an element of surprise or anything, or is there....hmmmm, not very godly like indeed

The greatest prophet ever was relegated to living out in the wilderness because of the complete corruption of the religious orders of the day. And, eventually, they had him beheaded because of his opposition to their unlawful and hypocritical abuses of the people. So, you can stand and sneer at Jesus for having the fortitude to do what was obviously required to cleanse his Father's house. Did he go in and start to murder people? Was he having people beheaded to further his agenda? The whole reason people find themselves in this situation is because people in general are too cowardly to stand up to perverted religious tyranny. For starters, too few even have the depth of understanding to know when their rights are being abused. Thinking such as you present furthers this lack of depth and understanding.

being the son of god...jesus failed from time to time
in dealing with the pharisees to him it should have been like arguing with a 4 yr old...you don't...jesus could have used the force regularly to persuade

gandhi did a much better job....
and it's in the history books...

Last edited:

kylixguru

turn the other cheek...
jesus says one thing but does another...he didn't always lead by example and succumbed to anger...not the definition of love...true love....:rolleyes:
there are contradictions...as i pointed out.
here's another story:
mark 3
1 Another time Jesus went into the synagogue, and a man with a shriveled hand was there. 2 Some of them were looking for a reason to accuse Jesus, so they watched him closely to see if he would heal him on the Sabbath. 3 Jesus said to the man with the shriveled hand, “Stand up in front of everyone.”
4 Then Jesus asked them, “Which is lawful on the Sabbath: to do good or to do evil, to save life or to kill?” But they remained silent.

5 He looked around at them in anger and, deeply distressed at their stubborn hearts, said to the man, “Stretch out your hand.” He stretched it out, and his hand was completely restored. 6 Then the Pharisees went out and began to plot with the Herodians how they might kill Jesus.

let me remind you:
well Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres...

so as a god who knows everything why would jesus get angry, or god for that matter...it's not as though there's an element of surprise or anything, or is there....hmmmm, not very godly like indeed

being the son of god...jesus failed from time to time
in dealing with the pharisees to him it should have been like arguing with a 4 yr old...you don't...jesus could have used the force regularly to persuade

gandhi did a much better job....
and it's in the history books...
The perfection I claim for Jesus is he perfectly performed that which his Father commanded him to do. So, go ahead and feel free to raise your heel against him. He forgives you for that. The one you need to be careful not to raise your heel against is the Holy Ghost. If you do this, there is no forgiveness for you. And, since you don't know who this is, I suspect I won't be hearing your criticisms of him.

I had a very enjoyable conversation with a rather knowledgable person on the history of India while on a train ride from Amsterdam to Bern about Ghandi and his family. In some circles there are some very interesting tid bits about them that could be known if it weren't for people wanting so much to have an idol to hold up before men. The net effect of what Ghandi did was disasterous to the people of India and his methods were not as pristine as people would like to think. Do some real homework on the history and the aftermath that surrounds all this.

waitasec

Veteran Member
The perfection I claim for Jesus is he perfectly performed that which his Father commanded him to do.
ah, no he didn't as i clearly pointed out. you didn't even try to refute my argument with anything but opinion.

So, go ahead and feel free to raise your heel against him. He forgives you for that. The one you need to be careful not to raise your heel against is the Holy Ghost. If you do this, there is no forgiveness for you. And, since you don't know who this is, I suspect I won't be hearing your criticisms of him.

ah, this bronze age boogie man has no power over me...

I had a very enjoyable conversation with a rather knowledgable person on the history of India while on a train ride from Amsterdam to Bern about Ghandi and his family. In some circles there are some very interesting tid bits about them that could be known if it weren't for people wanting so much to have an idol to hold up before men. The net effect of what Ghandi did was disasterous to the people of India and his methods were not as pristine as people would like to think. Do some real homework on the history and the aftermath that surrounds all this.

i brought up ghandi because he didn't lash out in anger like your sometimes short fused jesus did...maybe he just had low blood sugar
remember that poor fig tree:rolleyes:

kylixguru

ah, no he didn't as i clearly pointed out. you didn't even try to refute my argument with anything but opinion.
As I understand it, Jesus spent quite some time carefully braiding the whip he used.

ah, this bronze age boogie man has no power over me...
That you are aware of.

i brought up ghandi because he didn't lash out in anger like your sometimes short fused jesus did...maybe he just had low blood sugar
remember that poor fig tree:rolleyes:
Ghandi may be one of your idols, he isn't one of mine.

waitasec

Veteran Member
As I understand it, Jesus spent quite some time carefully braiding the whip he used.

That you are aware of.
and you know more than moi?
how can that be? oh yeah, you have the decoder..i forgot...:rolleyes:

Ghandi may be one of your idols, he isn't one of mine.
frankly, i don't know where you get your ideas from...
i do not follow ghandi...as i understand it...he never resorted to any hostile behavior, unlike your jesus did...

kylixguru

and you know more than moi?
how can that be? oh yeah, you have the decoder..i forgot...:rolleyes:

frankly, i don't know where you get your ideas from...
i do not follow ghandi...as i understand it...he never resorted to any hostile behavior, unlike your jesus did...
I'm grateful that you preach the merits of non-hostility. Good luck in all your endeavors.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
In Western countries(Christian Majority)----Adultery is common

Now according to the Bible almost every Christian is going to Hell

New-Testament

Matthew 19:9 "I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, and marries another woman commits adultery."

Mark 10:11 "Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery against her."

Mark 10:12 "And if she divorces her husband and marries another man, she commits adultery."

Luke 16:18 "Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery, and the man who marries a divorced woman commits adultery."

Old-Testament

Deuteronomy 22:22 "If a man is found sleeping with another man's wife, both the man who slept with her and the woman must die."

Leviticus 20:10 "If a man commits adultery with another man's wife--with the wife of his neighbor--both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to death."

Proverbs 6:32 "But a man who commits adultery lacks judgment; whoever does so destroys himself."

Also point to be noted according Jesus(pbuh) the laws of Old-Testament are still valid and are applicable upon Christians

Matthew 5:17-19 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. 19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Now My point ,Since adultery is clearly prohibited in the Bible, and since most Western Christians today are divorced and are either living with their boyfriends/girlfriends or married to other people, wouldn't that cause for them to be thrown in Hell? After all, most Western Christians according to the Bible are committing adultery ,and according to Ot "both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to death.":confused:
First of all, the Law pertained to the Jews -- not the Christians. You must remember that Jesus was teaching Jews -- not Christians. Even the more Jewish gospel texts had Gentile overtones since, by the time they were written, Xy had established a firm foothold in Gentile culture.

Second, Jesus also made it clear that we are to recognize the authority of government, as well as the authority of God.

Third, Xy has always had the attribute of taking on the culture in which it finds itself.

Therefore, modern American Xians are no more beholden to the Mosaic Law than are Buddhists. For us, the Law is fulfilled in Christ -- not in our "keeping commandments."

Your argument is moot.

Muffled

Jesus in me
First of all, the Law pertained to the Jews -- not the Christians. You must remember that Jesus was teaching Jews -- not Christians. Even the more Jewish gospel texts had Gentile overtones since, by the time they were written, Xy had established a firm foothold in Gentile culture.

Second, Jesus also made it clear that we are to recognize the authority of government, as well as the authority of God.

Third, Xy has always had the attribute of taking on the culture in which it finds itself.

Therefore, modern American Xians are no more beholden to the Mosaic Law than are Buddhists. For us, the Law is fulfilled in Christ -- not in our "keeping commandments."

Your argument is moot.

This is not the case. The law pertains to Christians as well. Christ living in me would not commit adultery. It is just that we don't have to think gee, I shouldn't commit adultery because the law says so. We have the Paraclete so that any thoughts of adultery would be anathema.

The argument would hold water if Christians were judged by the law. However the reality is that Christians are judged by their heart. Have they actually received Jesus in their heart and not just with empty words?

Muffled

Jesus in me
but i presented an argument

You presented a fact and a conclusion. The argument ws completely missing because you jumped right to the conclusion.

I think what you are actually doing is perceiving the facts as something that would support an a priori view. The conclusion was not reached objectively by logic.

waitasec

Veteran Member
This is not the case. The law pertains to Christians as well. Christ living in me would not commit adultery. It is just that we don't have to think gee, I shouldn't commit adultery because the law says so. We have the Paraclete so that any thoughts of adultery would be anathema.

The argument would hold water if Christians were judged by the law. However the reality is that Christians are judged by their heart. Have they actually received Jesus in their heart and not just with empty words?

leviticus 19:1 The LORD said to Moses, 2 “Speak to the entire assembly of Israel and say to them: ‘Be holy because I, the LORD your God, am holy.

matthew 15:21 Leaving that place, Jesus withdrew to the region of Tyre and Sidon. 22 A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, “Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is demon-possessed and suffering terribly.”
23 Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, “Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us.”

24 He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.”

25 The woman came and knelt before him. “Lord, help me!” she said.

26 He replied, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to the dogs

27 “Yes it is, Lord,” she said. “Even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their master’s table.”

28 Then Jesus said to her, “Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted.” And her daughter was healed at that moment.

matthew 10:1 Jesus called his twelve disciples to him and gave them authority to drive out impure spirits and to heal every disease and sickness.
2 These are the names of the twelve apostles: first, Simon (who is called Peter) and his brother Andrew; James son of Zebedee, and his brother John; 3 Philip and Bartholomew; Thomas and Matthew the tax collector; James son of Alphaeus, and Thaddaeus; 4 Simon the Zealot and Judas Iscariot, who betrayed him.

5 These twelve Jesus sent out with the following instructions: “Do not go among the Gentiles or enter any town of the Samaritans. 6 Go rather to the lost sheep of Israel. 7 As you go, proclaim this message: ‘The kingdom of heaven has come near.’ 8 Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy,[a] drive out demons. Freely you have received; freely give...

J

johnpeter1970

The problem is not having One wife but after divorce marrying another wife

Mark 10:11 "Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery against her."

And BTW There is no place in bible , where Jesus(pbuh) tells us to marry one wife----in fact the number of wives aren't restricted at all

Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth? (Romans 7:1)

For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband. (Romans 7:2)

So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man. (Romans 7:3)

Jethro

New-Testament

Matthew 19:9 "I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, and marries another woman commits adultery."

Mark 10:12 "And if she divorces her husband and marries another man, she commits adultery."

Luke 16:18 "Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery, and the man who marries a divorced woman commits adultery."

Old-Testament

Deuteronomy 22:22 "If a man is found sleeping with another man's wife, both the man who slept with her and the woman must die."

Leviticus 20:10 "If a man commits adultery with another man's wife--with the wife of his neighbor--both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to death."

Proverbs 6:32 "But a man who commits adultery lacks judgment; whoever does so destroys himself."

Also point to be noted according Jesus(pbuh) the laws of Old-Testament are still valid and are applicable upon Christians

Matthew 5:17-19 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. 19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Now My point ,Since adultery is clearly prohibited in the Bible, and since most Western Christians today are divorced and are either living with their boyfriends/girlfriends or married to other people, wouldn't that cause for them to be thrown in Hell? After all, most Western Christians according to the Bible are committing adultery ,and according to Ot "both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to death.":confused:

You are very wrong my friend. Most professing western Christians are not even born again. It is true that some (not many) true Christians commit adultery. However, they are commanded to repent from such deeds of darkness (Rom. 13:12-14), which means it can never happen again. John makes it very clear that no one who is born of God will continue to sin, ie, their style of life will not be characterised by continuel sin, whether lying, stealing, cheating, lusting, homesexuality, adultery, murder etc. Rather, although they are not perfect, they strive after holiness, without which no one will see the Lord (Heb. 12:14), ie, go to heaven.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth? (Romans 7:1)

For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband. (Romans 7:2)

So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man. (Romans 7:3)

However if God can allow divorce, He can also allow adultery. In a broken world there can never be wholeness but that does not mean that it can't be attained in some measure. If a divorced person manages to keep a commitment to the spouse the second time around, then there is evidence that a lesson has been learned. Of course there are some who are not looking for committment and their adultery stems from a sinful view of marriage.

dan p

New-Testament
Old-Testament

Hi and just above it says ; New-Testament and Old Testament !!

The Greek word for TESTAMENT is DIATHEKE .

The Old Testament is also called the Old Covenant or called also the Law of Moses !!

The New Testament , is also called the New Covenant and they are each different with different Protocols .

The Old Testament had 613 Law that governed Israel !!

The New Testament or New Covenant is different and is not in force until Israel is saved , Rom 11:26 , and is yet Future !!

DIATHEKE , can be translated by the following English words:

Testament
Will
Agreement
Contract

In John 19:30 , on the cross Jesus said " it is finished " and is in the Greek tense , which means that Jesus Could Never die on a cross ever again , and that means that God died for Sins , Past , Present and Future .

Those in in the Body of Christ have been forgiven all Trespasses , see Col 2:13 and believe , and there are many other verses .
Most believers do not understand the Old Nature and the New Nature , dan p

Last edited:

Muffled

Jesus in me
Hi and just above it says ; New-Testament and Old Testament !!

The Greek word for TESTAMENT is DIATHEKE .

The Old Testament is also called the Old Covenant or called also the Law of Moses !!

The New Testament , is also called the New Covenant and they are each different with different Protocols .

The Old Testament had 613 Law that governed Israel !!

The New Testament or New Covenant is different and is not in force until Israel is saved , Rom 11:26 , and is yet Future !!

DIATHEKE , can be translated by the following English words:

Testament
Will
Agreement
Contract

In John 19:30 , on the cross Jesus said " it is finished " and is in the Greek tense , which means that Jesus Could Never die on a cross ever again , and that means that God died for Sins , Past , Present and Future .

Those in in the Body of Christ have been forgiven all Trespasses , see Col 2:13 and believe , and there are many other verses .
Most believers do not understand the Old Nature and the New Nature , dan p

There is no such reference. As a document is in force when it is signed a covenant in blood is in force when the blood is shed.

obi one

New-Testament

Old-Testament

The consequence of sin is death. On the other hand, death and going to your "hell", which is a construct of Dante, is two different things. King David, of the OT, commited adultery and consequently died, lost 7 of his concubines, plus lost his kingdom for his sin. As for burning in fire for eternity, it is not going to happen. As for adultery in general, looking at a women with lust in your eye is adultery of the heart per the teachings of Yeshua. As Yeshua is also considered a prophet to the Muslim community, then I would think that muslims have the same problem as the Great Satan. The consequences of adultery, if you don't have a lot of concubines to trade, is an early death and loss of your kingdom, or in most cases, simply loss of any assets you may have to your ex wife.

obi one

In fact Jesus does state the Godly view and requirement of marriage.

He was perfectly clear that Gods standard of marriage is the one established by God himself at the beginning in Eden where he gave the perfect man only one living wife.

Matthew 19:3-7 ‘Did you not read that he who created them at the beginning made them male and female and said: “For this reason a man will leave his father and his mother and will stick to his wife, and the two will be one flesh”? So that they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore, what God has yoked together let no man put apart.’

If God thought polygamy was ok, he would have supplied Adam with many wives thus preventing Adam from marrying his daughters.
But no, he gave the man ONE wife and said the two were to become as 'one flesh' and no man was to 'put that apart'... in other words, no man on this earth has the right to change that standard.

Your conclusion is based on a single historical OT event, and simply disregards the encompassing content of the OT. Poor Adam had to give up a single rib to help in the creation of Eve. If Adam had to give up 7 ribs to match the number wifes of Yeshua, per Revelation, the 7 churches, or 6 unfaithful wifes, of whom Yeshua is of one flesh, Adam would have had a difficult time breathing.
Abraham, Issac, and Jacob were men of God, of whom God approved, and all had either multiple wifes, or they had the equivalent of concubines. Whatever the nomeclature used, they had children with more than one woman. Your clear view of the situation is based on the traditions of men from which you have been influenced, and not on objective analysis.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Your conclusion is based on a single historical OT event, and simply disregards the encompassing content of the OT. Poor Adam had to give up a single rib to help in the creation of Eve. If Adam had to give up 7 ribs to match the number wifes of Yeshua, per Revelation, the 7 churches, or 6 unfaithful wifes, of whom Yeshua is of one flesh, Adam would have had a difficult time breathing.
Abraham, Issac, and Jacob were men of God, of whom God approved, and all had either multiple wifes, or they had the equivalent of concubines. Whatever the nomeclature used, they had children with more than one woman. Your clear view of the situation is based on the traditions of men from which you have been influenced, and not on objective analysis.

Pegg provided scripture, not tradition. i will grant that he should have reasoned from the scripture provided and supported his statement about Adam with scripture.

The marriage of Jesus with His church is completely metaphorical and therefore does not refer to marriage between a man and a woman.

God permits some things that He does not approve of such as divorce but that does not mean that He considers the actions to be right.

The scripture in Mat makes it quite clear that a relationship with a woman other than your wife is adultery.