• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

An Issue Of Valuing The Lives Of Others

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Ohhh…. selective interpretations as they tried to wipe off the map all Jews!
They were literally being invaded and having their land stolen. This is like saying that Ukraine not accepting a resolution to hand over vast swathes of its land to Russia is them "wanting to wipe all Russians off the map". Don't be absurd.

Got it! And that is the same mantra that the Hamas has stipulated
Good thing I disagree with it, then.

I responded already to the last sentence
That's a lie. You accused me of making anti-Semitic statements and have yet to claim what those statements were.

Either provide what I said and explain how it was anti-Semitic or apologise and retract the statement now. I will not let you tar with with that disgusting brush.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Let me help you...

What part of “or” do you not understand?
Let me help you:

Which of the following statements that I made are anti-semitic:

- "There were war crimes and casualties in Gaza and Palestine long before Hamas existed as a political entity."
- "I believe Hamas do make the issue worse, but it was already an ongoing issue."
- "And if you want to have definitive proof that the existence of Hamas is not the sole cause of Israeli war crimes and aggression, look at the west bank. Hamas aren't there, but that hasn't stopped the IDF from committing numerous war crimes and facilitating the illegal settling of Palestinian land and homes from the people there."

I would like you to point to any singular factual inaccuracy or anti-semitic statement anywhere in the above quotes, please.

You know what you were doing. Retract your claim or apologise, now.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
They were literally being invaded and having their land stolen. This is like saying that Ukraine not accepting a resolution to hand over vast swathes of its land to Russia is them "wanting to wipe all Russians off the map". Don't be absurd.
Hmmm… are you saying the United Nations stole it when they authorized a section for the Jewish people?

Kenny

Premium Member
Let me help you:

Which of the following statements that I made are anti-semitic:

- "There were war crimes and casualties in Gaza and Palestine long before Hamas existed as a political entity."
- "I believe Hamas do make the issue worse, but it was already an ongoing issue."
- "And if you want to have definitive proof that the existence of Hamas is not the sole cause of Israeli war crimes and aggression, look at the west bank. Hamas aren't there, but that hasn't stopped the IDF from committing numerous war crimes and facilitating the illegal settling of Palestinian land and homes from the people there."

I would like you to point to any singular factual inaccuracy or anti-semitic statement anywhere in the above quotes, please.

You know what you were doing. Retract your claim or apologise, now.
Don’t need to retract anything… I said you were “Option 2”… or is this more of your selective interpretation.

But, if you so wish, I hereby eliminate option one and hold onto option 2

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Hmmm… are you saying the United Nations stole it when they authorized a section for the Jewish people?
I'm saying no country has to agree to cede their land to other agencies at the threat of imperialist aggression. Any sensible human being agrees with this.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Don’t need to retract anything… I said you were “Option 2”… or is this more of your selective interpretation.

But, if you so wish, I hereby eliminate option one and hold onto option 2
So you're just going to dishonestly imply people who disagree with you are anti-Semitic or factually wrong and not ever have to back-up either allegation?

Cool. I'm starting to wonder why I took you off ignore.

Apologise or back up you allegations, now.

Kenny

Premium Member
I'm saying no country has to agree to cede their land to other agencies at the threat of imperialist aggression. Any sensible human being agrees with this.
Ok… that is your viewpoint. I am of the viewpoint that the Jewish people were already living in that land and that the UN ceded land to them and then the Arab nations tried to exterminate the Jews… trying to finish what the Nazi’s started.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Ok… that is your viewpoint. I am of the viewpoint that the Jewish people were already living in that land and that the UN ceded land to them and then the Arab nations tried to exterminate the Jews… trying to finish what the Nazi’s started.
So, to be clear, you believe that having wrongs inflicted upon you justifies you enacting wrongs against others (who weren't involved) by stealing their homes and displacing and killing their people?

I still expect an apology, by the way. It is disgraceful to accuse people of being anti-Semitic merely for stating facts about the history of Israel. It is nothing short of disgusting to equate criticising the Israeli state with anti-Semitism, and people who do it should be ashamed.

Kenny

Premium Member
So you're just going to dishonestly imply people who disagree with you are anti-Semitic or factually wrong and not ever have to back-up either allegation?

Cool. I'm starting to wonder why I took you off ignore.

Apologise or back up you allegations, now.
Please put me on the ignore list...

I said “appears” along with option 2 and eliminated option 1. You cleared up which of the two it was for which I accept that you aren’t anti-semitic.

This is a debate section.

Why are you upset?

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Please put me on the ignore list...
Once I have finished educating you.

I said “appears” along with option 2 and eliminated option 1. You cleared up which of the two it was for which I accept that you aren’t anti-semitic.
And yet you haven't pointed out any factual inaccuracy in what I said. You evoked anti-Semitism as a means to dismiss my arguments, which is explicitly anti-Semitic. To equate Jewish people with the Israeli state, or to dismiss criticism of Israel as anti-Semitism, IS ANTI-SEMITISM.

This is a debate section.

Why are you upset?
This is pathetic. You know what you did, and you still have not apologised.

When are you going to debate honestly?

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
When they can't defend war crimes by
God's Chosen People, all they have is
to criticize the critics of injustice, ie,
play the Anti-Semite card.
It should just be ignored, not given
the dignity of any response.
In this case, my response has at least shamed him into begrudgingly acknowledging what he did. Might be the best I can hope with bad faith actors.

Kenny

Premium Member
So, to be clear, you believe that having wrongs inflicted upon you justifies you enacting wrongs against others (who weren't involved) by stealing their homes and displacing and killing their people?

Never said that

I still expect an apology, by the way. It is disgraceful to accuse people of being anti-Semitic merely for stating facts about the history of Israel. It is nothing short of disgusting to equate criticising the Israeli state with anti-Semitism, and people who do it should be ashamed.

I think you are purposefully creating a strawman

Kenny

Premium Member
Once I have finished educating you.

And yet you haven't pointed out any factual inaccuracy in what I said. You evoked anti-Semitism as a means to dismiss my arguments, which is explicitly anti-Semitic. To equate Jewish people with the Israeli state, or to dismiss criticism of Israel as anti-Semitism, IS ANTI-SEMITISM.

This is pathetic. You know what you did, and you still have not apologised.

When are you going to debate honestly?
Another strawman… this issue is that they have tried and continue to try to eradicated the Jewish people. All the while, you try to ignore the reality of the position of the Hamas and deny the right for self defense.

Kenny

Premium Member
In this case, my response has at least shamed him into begrudgingly acknowledging what he did. Might be the best I can hope with bad faith actors.
Which is why you ignore the issue. You are trying to “shame him” with irrelevancy while unwittingly bringing shame on yourself ;)

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Never said that
Right, so why would you use the argument that Palestine rejecting a 1947 resolution that would include them ceding a huge amount of their land to an occupying imperialist force as justification for war crimes against them?

I think you are purposefully creating a strawman
It's what you did. You had absolutely no reason whatever to even suggest there was any anti-Semitism whatsoever in what I wrote, beyond you just wanting to accuse me of it because you can't respond to the facts I brought up.

Where is my apology?

Last edited:

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Another strawman…
Not sure you know what a straw man is.

this issue is that they have tried and continue to try to eradicated the Jewish people.
And do you think the historical and continued war crimes of the Israeli state have no role to play in the antagonism in the region?

"Sorry your family were killed by shelling, but antisemitism is bad, so..."

All the while, you try to ignore the reality of the position of the Hamas and deny the right for self defense.
Now you're just lying. I have done neither of those things.

Now I expect two apologies.