• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

An Issue Of Valuing The Lives Of Others

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
See how you did that? You're implying that people DESERVED the war crimes inflicted on them.

They're not exclusively targeting combatants. They've previously blockaded the entire city. They're not above doing things they know disproportionately affect civilians. They just don't care.

The civilians aren't terrorists, and you should feel ashamed for suggesting such.

Good.

So, are you gonna condemn Israel for it?

Nope.

It's not a justification for what Israel is doing. That's my point. "They hate us" does not therefore justify "Let's continue killing them and enacting war crimes on them."

Irrelevant to the argument. Every single school in Palestine could teach their children that Jewish people are subhuman. It doesn't make bombing their homes and killing their children justified.
I was going to acknowledge some good points here… but it is sooooooooooooooo lopsided and since you haven’t acknowledged any Hamas atrocities and the mantra of “exterminate Jews”, ignored some of my good point, twisted other points and extrapolated your personal viepwoints… I don’t think I will take the time or the effort

Kenny

Premium Member
Not a personal opinion. It's what they've been doing.

Do you believe that collective punishment and cutting off food, water, energy and resources to millions of civilians isn't a war crime?
You ARE talking about Hamas, correct?

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
I was going to acknowledge some good points here… but it is sooooooooooooooo lopsided and since you haven’t acknowledged any Hamas atrocities
Because we're specifically talking about Israel, and whether or not what Israel is doing is wrong. I believe that Hamas' crimes don't factor into that issue, because I don't believe having acts of terrorism inflicted on you serve as justification for atrocities. And if you believe what Hamas did was an atrocity, you wouldn't be working so hard to defend Israel when it does the exact same thing.

and the mantra of “exterminate Jews”,
Nope, didn't ignore that. Explicitly acknowledged it. I don't think it bears moral weight on what Israel are doing.

ignored some of my good point, twisted other points and extrapolated your personal viepwoints… I don’t think I will take the time or the effort
Are you going to substantiate these accusartions?

Oh wait, what am I thinking? Of course you won't.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
You ARE talking about Hamas, correct?

See, you just did it again. Any time anyone mentions Israel's war crimes, you bring it back to Hamas, as if we're implying they're angels.

I don't like Hamas. I have never defended Hamas. When Hamas commit acts of terrorism and war crimes, including against their own people, I acknowledge it.

Why don't you do the same for Israel?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I will be the first that will say every life is important no matter where they are born. The whole of the Gospel is “For God so loved THE WORLD” - no exception.
To say it when specifically challenged is insufficient.
Your posts speak of Hamas's evil...but not Hamas being a reaction to Israel's evil.
You speak of Israeli deaths...but not to the far greater & increasing number of Palestinian deaths.
You ignore the difference (which I have stated before)

Hamas purposefully targets the innocent and will hide among the innocent - Israel purposefully targets the soldiers and not the innocent with the unfortunate reality that Hamas will hide where school are, hospitals, parks et al. (Do you have a better way that works?)
You see a difference, & seize upon it to serve Israel.
But I see less difference, since both Hamas & Israel target innocents.
Moreover, Israel targets them in far greater numbers, both to kill,
& also to evict from destroyed homes. You blame Hamas for
Israel's war crimes...without admitting they're war crimes.
You deny Israel's long history of oppressing Palestinians.
How does BBC get their information? From Hamas?
You'd have to ask them.
But drink down Israeli Kool-Aid without question,
eg, ubiquitous unverified "beheaded babies" claim.
In short...
Challenge anything pro Palestinian.
Believe everything pro Israel.
Why?
Muslim lives are lesser things, as shown by both
word & deed of Christian & Jewish dominated
governments.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Your posts speak of Hamas's evil...but not Hamas being a reaction to Israel's evil.
You speak of Israeli deaths...but not to the far greater & increasing number of Palestinian deaths.

You'd have to ask them.
In short...
Why?
governments.
Actually it has nothing to do with Muslims. State sponsored terror, ethnic cleansing and repression has long been legitimised and accepted. People only object if their own country's interests are being harmed in sone way. Otherwise a country can kill millions of people and nobody will really care apart from making some bland statements. Does anyone really think anyone would have raised a finger if Hitler "merely" exterminated the Jews without attacking any country. Look at Tibetans in China or Tamils in Sri Lanka. States can do Anything...apart from ruffling the feathers of one of the superpowers. That's it.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Actually it has nothing to do with Muslims.
I disagree, based upon the many religious arguments
I've heard over decades from both Christians & Jews.
And we hear the same arguments & vestiges thereof
erupting from leaders in both USA & Israel. We can
observe the religious leanings of those defending
Israel's oppression & war crimes....and of those
who criticize Israel for this. Religion is integral.

Other conflicts are less about religion (or not at all),
& more about culture & nationality. But the existence
of other motives doesn't preclude religion as a major
factor in this one.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Well, I guess that justifies war crimes against civilians, then.
It justifies nothing, but it does tend to explain why there are more civilian casualties in this particular confrontation - due to the very cynical nature of hiding amongst the civilian population. So clever of Hamas, and so detestable at the same time.

Kenny

Premium Member

For obvious reasons, which I don’t have to enumerate again, your comparisons are wholly inadequate.

You seem to be oblivious to the history of Israel and the desire to completely eradicate the Jewish population.
You ignore the oppression Hamas does to the Palestinians.
You decry the loss of innocent people that Hamas puts in danger with complete silence on the purposeful atrocities that Hamas commits.

I think you need to review history past and present.

You'd have to ask them.
In short...
Why?
governments.

I see you live in a life of make-believe. Maybe if you believe it strong enough, it will come to pass.

Kenny

Premium Member
See, you just did it again. Any time anyone mentions Israel's war crimes, you bring it back to Hamas, as if we're implying they're angels.

I don't like Hamas. I have never defended Hamas. When Hamas commit acts of terrorism and war crimes, including against their own people, I acknowledge it.

Why don't you do the same for Israel?
When I see a war crime… I will point it out.

Stopping electricity to limit the capacity of Hamas is a strategic necessity, not a war crime. / Robbing gas that keeps the lights on for the hospitals of your own people is a war crime.

Shooting missiles against military targets is no a war crime. Placing military targets next to children and shooting missiles towards innocent people is a war crime.

What part do you not understand?

Kenny

Premium Member

This is a crime!

Of course, I wouldn’t say “It’s the Palestinians that created the situation” like others say about Israel and Hamas.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member

This is a crime!

Of course, I wouldn’t say “It’s the Palestinians that created the situation” like others say about Israel and Hamas.

Which side is God helping? Is he cheering when Hamas kills civilians or when Israel kills civilians?

Kenny

Premium Member
Which side is God helping? Is he cheering when Hamas kills civilians or when Israel kills civilians?

Ezekiel 18:23 “Do you think that I like to see wicked people die? says the Sovereign LORD. Of course not! I want them to turn from their wicked ways and live.

EDITED::

God loves peace but the hardness of people’s hearts creates wars

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Ezekiel 18:23 “Do you think that I like to see wicked people die? says the Sovereign LORD. Of course not! I want them to turn from their wicked ways and live.

EDITED::

God loves peace but the hardness of people’s hearts creates wars

So he wants the wicked ones to live but doesn't give a toss about the good ones.

Great but doesn't tell me which side he's on.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
For obvious reasons, which I don’t have to enumerate again, your comparisons are wholly inadequate.
By "don't have to", I read "can't".
You seem to be oblivious to the history of Israel and the desire to completely eradicate the Jewish population.
The difference is that I see the whole history,
& emphasize that which is most significant
regarding human rights of all people.
Israel's apologists see only history that justifies
oppression & war crimes.
Christians & Jews who support this should feel
deep deep shame. But they have nor moral
value except supporting Israel, even if it means
vengeful death & destruction.

Kenny

Premium Member
So he wants the wicked ones to live but doesn't give a toss about the good ones.

Great but doesn't tell me which side he's on.
WOW! Very creative! Your interpretation is simply… beyond human comprehension!

He’s on the side of humanity desiring to give life and more life more abundandtly

Kenny

Premium Member
By "don't have to", I read "can't".

The difference is that I see the whole history,
& emphasize that which is most significant
regarding human rights of all people.
I wouldn’t bet a penny on this statement

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I was thinking of “men” - send the women and children on to family
I got a twisted, depraved delight hearing of female Kurdish soldiers killing Isis soldiers in battles, meaning those swine got to die believing they'd get dragged down to hell and knowing that fear in the end (and it is absolutely terrifying evem as a nightmare) over the disgrace and shame over getting killed by a woman instead of being rewarded in paradise for his violent ways.

Kenny

Premium Member
Your bet isn't worth a bucket of warm spit.
Bombing homes doesn't destroy tunnels.
You have no criticism of Israel for this.
That is quite horrible, to say the least. Certainly room enough for criticism of Israel..

I am happy that there were survivors… it is a shame that there were almost no survivors for the babies, youth, pregnant moms, mothers, father, and grandfathers… Do you have any criticism for Hamas? Let’s see if your spit has value or not.

In war, there are people on both sides that are not winners.