• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Antichrist Discussions ~ FFH ~

Bishka

Veteran Member
God Will Not Be Mocked

Spencer W. Kimball

We hope faithful Latter-day Saints will not use the playing cards which are used for gambling, either with or without the gambling. It would seem that we are play-conscious, travel-conscious, and our economy seems to be providing for the traveling public and the gaming public and the drinking public.

Gospel Library > Magazines > Ensign > November 1974

According to this statement, given by Spencer W. Kimball, we should not have paying cards in the home, for use with or without gambling.

Not quite doctrine, have any other prophets said anything? Is it in our standard works? One quote?

FFH

Veteran Member
Through the Son of man all men have the power within them. Christ said we would do more miracles than Him but it has not happened yet.
Yeah, but we are only the vessels, whereby Christ's power is made manifest to others, in the form of healings and other miracles.

We are the "clay" and he (Christ) is the "potter".

Isaiah 64: 8
But now, O LORD, thou art our Father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand.

"in him (Christ) we move and have our being".

Without the power of life, given to us by Christ, we would be dust...

FFH

Veteran Member
Not quite doctrine, have any other prophets said anything? Is it in our standard works? One quote?
There are no other links on the The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints website search that I can find....

Are not President Kimball's words enough ????

Q&A: Questions and Answers
Answer/Elder William H. Bennett >> We should not use playing cards because the prophets of God have counseled against it. Let us keep these things in mind as we think about playing cards.
Gospel Library > Magazines > New Era > September 1974

Chapter 61: The Mormon Battalion: June 1846–July 1847
Doctrine and Covenants Stories for Children, Mormon Battalion, published by the LDS church... (Link above)
"Brigham Young told the men to be the best soldiers in the army. They should take the Bible and Book of Mormon with them. They must be neat, clean, and polite. They should not swear or play cards. Brigham Young told the men to obey God’s commandments. If they did, they would not have to fight".
Gospel Library > Support Materials > Children

Popeyesays

There are no other links on the The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints website search that I can find....

Are not President Kimball's words enough ????

Q&A: Questions and Answers
Answer/Elder William H. Bennett >> We should not use playing cards because the prophets of God have counseled against it. Let us keep these things in mind as we think about playing cards.
Gospel Library > Magazines > New Era > September 1974

Chapter 61: The Mormon Battalion: June 1846–July 1847
Doctrine and Covenants Stories for Children, Mormon Battalion, published by the LDS church... (Link above)
"Brigham Young told the men to be the best soldiers in the army. They should take the Bible and Book of Mormon with them. They must be neat, clean, and polite. They should not swear or play cards. Brigham Young told the men to obey God’s commandments. If they did, they would not have to fight".
Gospel Library > Support Materials > Children

The first is an advice column where readers write in to share their advice with others--hardly doctrine.

The second is a comic book about the Mormon battalion in the Mexican War--not very doctrinaire either.

Please don't misunderstand 'gambling" is not allowed in the Baha`i Faith either, though playing cards is not automatically gambling.

But the Baha`i injunction is to protect families from members who gamble away their money and has nothing to do with demonic influence.

You're stretching really thin.

regards,
Scott

FFH

Veteran Member
Popeye, there is a definite evil in the playing cards themselves, for instance the symbols...

They bring a bad spirit into the home and/or all those who possess them.

It's a definite antichrist type spirit that enters the home...

I feel it very strongly, whenever I see cards lying around, sometimes at work..

Many things bring an antichrist spirit into the home...

Anti-Christ spirit = anything or any person who opposes the doctrines/teachings of Christ..

For instance, Christ is opposed to Kings and Queens ruling over us...

This is a teaching found in the Book of Mormon and two symbols found on playing cards...

Christ is our King and there should be none other...

FFH

Veteran Member
Popeye, maybe you missed this post...

Spencer W. Kimball was one of the past Presidents of the church in the 70's..

Spencer W. Kimball ~ Wiki

Originally Posted by FFH
God Will Not Be Mocked
Spencer W. Kimball
We hope faithful Latter-day Saints will not use the playing cards which are used for gambling, either with or without the gambling.

According to this statement, given by Spencer W. Kimball, we should not have paying cards in the home, for use with or without gambling.

Popeyesays

Popeye, there is a definite evil in the playing cards themselves, for instance the symbols...

They bring a bad spirit into the home and/or all those who possess them.

It's a definite antichrist type spirit that enters the home...

I feel it very strongly, whenever I see cards lying around, sometimes at work..

Many things bring an antichrist spirit into the home...

Anti-Christ spirit = anything or any person who opposes the doctrines/teachings of Christ..

For instance, Christ is opposed to Kings and Queens ruling over us... This is a teaching found in the Book of Mormon and two symbols found on playing cards...

I'm sorry but there is no other word for this kind of thing other than "Horse Puckey!" I would use the word for puckey associated with bovines, but let's avoid that.

Generally speaking you are exhibiting some of the belief traits that have horrified serious Mormon Missionaries for a hundred years. In Baha`i reference we refer to your citations as coming from "The Book of Hearsay" (Kitab`i-Hearsay) which often leads to quotes from The Book of IguessSo.

You're quoting traditions that don't really exist other than a small group of people insisting that they do.

"The trials of man are of two kinds. (a) The consequences of his own actions. If a man eats too much, he ruins his digestion; if he takes poison he becomes 50 ill or dies. If a person gambles he will lose his money; if he drinks too much he will lose his equilibrium. All these sufferings are caused by the man himself, it is quite clear therefore that certain sorrows are the result of our own deeds. (b) Other sufferings there are, which come upon the Faithful of God. Consider the great sorrows endured by Christ and by His apostles!"
(Abdu'l-Baha, Paris Talks, p. 49)

"169. Gambling # 155
The activities that are included in this prohibition have not
been outlined in the Writings of Bahá'u'lláh. As both
Abdu'l-Bahá and Shoghi Effendi have indicated, it is left to
the Universal House of Justice to specify the details of this
prohibition. In response to questions about whether
lotteries, betting on such things as horse races and football
games, bingo, and the like, are included under the
prohibition of gambling, the Universal House of Justice has 238
indicated that this is a matter that will be considered in
detail in the future. In the meantime, the Assemblies and
individuals are counselled not to make an issue of these
matters and to leave it to the conscience of the individual
believers.
The House of Justice has ruled that it is not
appropriate for funds for the Faith to be raised through
lotteries, raffles, and games of chance."
(Baha'u'llah, The Kitab-i-Aqdas, p. 237)

Popeyesays

As to Kings and Queens:

O ye beloved of the Lord! It is incumbent upon you to be submissive to all monarchs that are just and show your fidelity to every righteous king. Serve ye the sovereigns of the world with utmost truthfulness and loyalty. Show obedience unto them and be their well-wishers. Without their leave and permission do not meddle 447 with political affairs, for disloyalty to the just sovereign is disloyalty to God himself.
(Abdu'l-Baha, Baha'i World Faith - Abdu'l-Baha Section, p. 446)

regards,
Scott

Bishka

Veteran Member
The first is an advice column where readers write in to share their advice with others--hardly doctrine.

The second is a comic book about the Mormon battalion in the Mexican War--not very doctrinaire either.

Please don't misunderstand 'gambling" is not allowed in the Baha`i Faith either, though playing cards is not automatically gambling.

But the Baha`i injunction is to protect families from members who gamble away their money and has nothing to do with demonic influence.

You're stretching really thin.

regards,
Scott

Thank you! Someone outside our faith sees how ridiculous what he is saying is. :)

Bishka

Veteran Member

This is a teaching found in the Book of Mormon and two symbols found on playing cards...

FFH, you are reading too much into this. If it controls you and lets and evil spirit in your home, you were in trouble way before you started playing with them. When I play cards with my family and friends, I feel a sense of love and spirit in my home (and I am dead serious). So who is right? You or me?

FFH

Veteran Member
FFH, you are reading too much into this. If it controls you and lets and evil spirit in your home, you were in trouble way before you started playing with them. When I play cards with my family and friends, I feel a sense of love and spirit in my home (and I am dead serious). So who is right? You or me?
Rather ask, who is right, President Kimball or yourself ????.

Do I have to post it again ???

So, basically you're saying President Kimball is "wacked out" too.

Yeah, he's such a fanatic about this sort of thing, as am I...(said with much sarcasm)

Spencer W. Kimball ~ Wiki

Originally Posted by FFH
God Will Not Be Mocked
Spencer W. Kimball
We hope faithful Latter-day Saints will not use the playing cards which are used for gambling, either with or without the gambling.

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
Mar 7:15-16
(15) There is nothing from without a man, that entering into him can defile him: but the things which come out of him, those are they that defile the man.
(16) If any man have ears to hear, let him hear.

Luk 11:33-36
(33) No man, when he hath lighted a candle, putteth it in a secret place, neither under a bushel, but on a candlestick, that they which come in may see the light.
(34) The light of the body is the eye: therefore when thine eye is single, thy whole body also is full of light; but when thine eye is evil, thy body also is full of darkness.
(35) Take heed therefore that the light which is in thee be not darkness.
(36) If thy whole body therefore be full of light, having no part dark, the whole shall be full of light, as when the bright shining of a candle doth give thee light.

Mar 7:6-13
(6) He answered and said unto them, Well hath Isaiah (Esaias) prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.
(7) Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
(8) For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.
(9) And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.
(10) For Moses said, Honour thy father and thy mother; and, Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death:
(11) But ye say, If a man shall say to his father or mother, It is an Offering (Corban), that is to say, a Sacrifice (gift), by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me. (he shall be free).
(12) And ye suffer him no more to do ought for his father or his mother;
(13) Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

FFH

Veteran Member
Zamda said:
Mar 7:15-16
(15) There is nothing from without a man, that entering into him can defile him: but the things which come out of him, those are they that defile the man.
Give me a break, this is talking about food..

Do you make it a habit of having playing cards with your toast and jam ???

(16) If any man have ears to hear, let him hear.

wizanda

Premium Member
Isa 28:11
(11)
For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.

Isa 32:4-6
(4)
The heart also of the rash shall understand knowledge, and the tongue of the stammerers shall be ready to speak plainly.
(5) The vile person shall be no more called liberal, nor the churl said to be bountiful.
(6) For the vile person will speak villany, and his heart will work iniquity, to practise hypocrisy, and to utter error against the LORD, to make empty the soul of the hungry, and he will cause the drink of the thirsty to fail.

Isa 33:19
(19)
Thou shalt not see a fierce people, a people of a deeper speech than thou canst perceive; of a stammering tongue, that thou canst not understand.

FFH

Veteran Member
Magic is of the same spirit of antichrist...

Very Satanically oriented demonstration, using the same principles as those who use Ouija boards.

Real or fake it matters not...

Magic originates from Satan, real or fake, and playing cards are used to reinforce that evil...

Criss Angel - Blind Stab

FFH

Veteran Member
Jesus Christ changed water into wine...

Christopher Angel changes water into beer...

A true antichrist type figure: Criss Angel turns water into beer

A cheap trick along with some editing...

He places a tablet on the bottom of the coaster, and as he shakes it, it turns the water into something that looks and tastes like beer, but is not...

Many have and will believe he actually did turn the water into beer and follow his philosophy that "If you just believe, you can achieve it," leaving Christ out of the picture, of whom nothing is possible without his divine powers..

We alone have not powers whatsoever, it is only in and through Christ that we can perform miracles.

We need to draw upon the powers of Jesus Christ if we want to perform real miracles...

Satan = magic (both real and fake)
Jesus = miracles (both healing and creative)

The spirit of antichrist rules this world and is all around, don't need to look very far for it...

FFH

Veteran Member
I John 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God; and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now it is already in the world

John Lennon - God

God - John Lennon

God is a concept,
By which we can measure,
Our pain,
I'll say it again,
God is a concept,
By which we can measure,
Our pain,

I don't believe in magic,
I don't believe in I-ching,
I don't believe in the bible,
I don't believe in tarot,
I don't believe in Hitler,
I don't believe in Jesus,
I don't believe in Kennedy,
I don't believe in Buddha,
I don't believe in mantra,
I don't believe in Gita,
I don't believe in yoga,
I don't believe in kings,
I don't believe in Elvis,
I don't believe in Zimmerman,
I don't believe in Beatles,
I just believe in me,
Yoko and me,
And that's reality.

The dream is over,
What can I say?
The dream is over,
Yesterday,
I was dreamweaver,
But now I'm reborn,
I was the walrus,
But now I'm John,
And so dear friends,
You just have to carry on,
The dream is over.

wizanda

Premium Member
Who shall inherit the earth?
What did Yeshua say to receive eternal life?
What is a Nazarite (plus laws in Hebrew)?
What will the servant receive, if seen striking his fellow servants?
What would Racca mean, when used about someone?