• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are Playing Cards Evil ???

Booko

Deviled Hen
Let's see, Uno doesn't use suits or a red/black color scheme. Is that evil? No one gambles to Uno games that I've ever heard.

What about Mille Bornes?

Popeyesays

Milles Bourne is a French card game with a very specific deck of card. The premise is that you are on a road trip and the object is to travel one thousand miles by playing cards that total up mileage and attack the opponents hand, or defend your own hand.

The name means "One Thousand Milestones".

"One Thousand Milestones. On French roads there are small marker stones giving the distance in kilometres to the next town. In this famous old French card game, players compete to drive 1000 km, dealing with hazards along the way. Draw a card to your hand, play or discard. You must lay a green traffic light to start, play cards showing mileage, dump hazards (flat tire, speed limit) on the other players, remedy hazards (spare tire, end of limit) from yourself, play safety cards (puncture proof), and try to be the first to clock up "

Mille Bornes | BoardGameGeek

Regards,
Scott

Booko

Deviled Hen
Milles Bourne is a French card game with a very specific deck of card. The premise is that you are on a road trip and the object is to travel one thousand miles by playing cards that total up mileage and attack the opponents hand, or defend your own hand.

And the decks are all still labeled with their original French terms like "panne d'essence" and "roulez".

And the colors are not red and black, but the sort of colors you would see in...traffic signs and lights. Red, green, that sort of thing.

Must not be evil. ;)

It's a great card game for people who "don't like cards" because it's easy to get up to speed on the rules. Uh...no pun intended.

A board game that's a hit at any party is Sequence.

Of course that uses traditional suits and red and black, so it might be evil...but look at that nice white bread family playing in the advert.

Is Satan just trying to draw in the innocent?

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
Oh and I also wanted to post, post # 420(hehe). Oh come on it 5:15 am here, my cat woke me up and I can't go back to sleep.:sleep: