• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are You a Racist?

Heyo

Veteran Member
This is just conspirational nonsense. Where is this supposed "woke crowd" located that decides tyrannicaly without anybody's input which words are "allowed", and brutally punishes all those who dissent?
RF staff, XenForo swearword filter.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I heard "European-American" and "African-American" for the first time in the 1980s. By the late 90s, there were those who considered anyone a racist if they used any other term (even "black"), although that didn't really take hold.

I still remember a time when a DC city councilman used a term which means "stingy," but sounds very similar to the "n word." After getting a ton of hell over that and being forced to resign, a number of black leaders (including Rep. Julian Bond) stepped forward and pointed out just how stupid people were being.
It's interesting that objecting
to the term exposes illiteracy.
Definition of niggardly | Dictionary.com
Controversies about the word niggardly - Wikipedia

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
It doesn't sound particularly racist as i understand racism. More a fascination with another race than discrimination, hatred etc
It's based on racist stereotypes such as:
black men all have huge ****s, are animalistic and hypermasculine, whereas white men are the opposite
East Asian women are all submissive, love to please men and are not uppity like Western women
black women are hypersexual

Etc.

These people are racist. I've known people like that.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
It's based on racist stereotypes such as:
black men all have huge ****s, are animalistic and hypermasculine, whereas white men are the opposite
East Asian women are all submissive, love to please men and are not uppity like Western women
black women are hypersexual

Etc.

These people are racist. I've known people like that.

Ok, I don't see sexual attraction as racist, it may have a distasteful scent to it but i wouldn't consider it hatred or prejudiced

Last edited:

Heyo

Veteran Member
Ok, I don't see sexual attraction as racist, it may have a distasteful scent to it but i wouldn't consider it hatred or prejudiced
My sexual attraction is racist as I'm only attracted to one race (and one sex, which also makes it sexist).
But that is just inherent, I can't help it. It also doesn't influence my judgement of others besides their attractiveness.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
My sexual attraction is racist as I'm only attracted to one race (and one sex, which also makes it sexist).
But that is just inherent, I can't help it. It also doesn't influence my judgement of others besides their attractiveness.

Interesting thought, being straight is sexist.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
No one is saying the attraction itself is racist, jeez. It's the reasons why they're attracted. If you can't see the racism in it, I don't know what to tell you, but it's there.