• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Atheism people have a belief "God does not exist "

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Thanks, but I do not have time to worry about such things. I am just too busy. :eek:
I am pretty healthy though considering my age. I eat pretty healthy foods and I exercise an average of two or more hours a day. :)

Ok

Thermos aquaticus

Did one find any positive proofs/evidences for Atheism to get into it if it is one's primary concern to get proofs/evidences, please?
Regards

Nope. No positive proofs or evidences for me to get into atheism. I am an atheist because I have yet to see proof/evidence for deities.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I really don't think you understand atheism at all, let's say you tell me Muhammed rode on a flying mule to Jerusalem and then went up to God and bargained for giving salat 5 times a day.
I disbelieve this but I would give you the opportunity to even give the smallest amount of evidence but there is none so I don't believe because there are no proofs or evidences at all so definitely not a belief just a stance.
Did I tell one that Muhammad rode on a flying mule to go to Jerusalem? It is not mentioned in Quran the primary and the foremost source of guidance of Islam/Muhammad whatever the denomination of Muslims.

If one got to Atheism just because of that then it never happened physically.
Right, please?
Now there is no reason to remain among the Atheism people for one .Right, please?
No compulsion, however, every one is entitled to believe in whatever faith one like with reasons and arguments if any or none. My faith is with reasons, arguments and brilliant signs, please.
Regards

Last edited:

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Did I tell one that Muhammad rode on a flying mule to go to Jerusalem? It is not mentioned in Quran the primary and the foremost source of guidance of Islam/Muhammad whatever the denomination of Muslims.

Right, please?
Regards

It was an example like Adam being 90 cubits tall or talking and or mountains to stop the world wobbling out of control etc.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
It was an example like Adam being 90 cubits tall or talking and or mountains to stop the world wobbling out of control etc.

If one thinks that it is mentioned in the truthful Quran, the primary and the foremost source of Islam/Muhammad whatever the denomination of Muslims, then it is not mentioned in it. If yes, then please quote from Quran with the verses in the context.
Regards

Thermos aquaticus

Isn't one satisfied with Atheism that one is looking for proofs/evidences from believers.

Regards

Atheists tend to be curious and want to know if they are wrong. That is why atheists usually don't take dogmatic positions and are quite excited when they learn something new. Atheism isn't a dogma that needs to be protected from challenges and questioning like theism does.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member

Right, please?
Now there is no reason to remain among the Atheism people for one .Right, please?
No compulsion, however, every one is entitled to believe in whatever faith one like with reasons and arguments if any or none. My faith is with reasons, arguments and brilliant signs, please.
Regards

Here you go bro, this is from your book:
Who believe in the unseen, establish prayer, and spend out of what We have provided for them,

I don't believe in the unseen, easy as that

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Here you go bro, this is from your book:
Who believe in the unseen, establish prayer, and spend out of what We have provided for them,

I don't believe in the unseen, easy as that
Did one see the whole Universe, then why to believe in it?
One would have not seen the whole Earth, so why to believe in it? Please

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Atheists tend to be curious and want to know if they are wrong. That is why atheists usually don't take dogmatic positions and are quite excited when they learn something new. Atheism isn't a dogma that needs to be protected from challenges and questioning like theism does.
Atheism people hold a "Negative Faith", I believe, so they tend to be curious. Right, please?

Regards

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Did one see the whole Universe, then why to believe in it?
One would have not seen the whole Earth, so why to believe in it? Please

Regards

This is from your book and the Christian book, I think the gist of the story is the same, what a coincidence :) :

And (remember) when your Lord said to the angels: ‘I am going to create a human (Adam) from sounding clay of altered black smooth mud. So when I have fashioned him and breathed into him (his) soul created by Me, then you fall down prostrate to him.” (Quran 38:71-72)

From what we know this isn't true so it's unbelievable

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
What positive proofs/evidences did one get of Atheism that one became one?
Kindly share them here with us here, please.
Regards
None is needed. The burden of proof lies upon theists in this case. Without evidence for theism the rational action to take would be one of non-belief.

Do you demand evidence of the non-existence of the Tooth Fairy?

Thermos aquaticus

Atheism people hold a "Negative Faith", I believe, so they tend to be curious. Right, please?

Regards

That's wrong. There is no faith involved when you don't believe in something. Faith is a belief in the absence of evidence, not a lack of belief in the absence of evidence.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I am sure someone has described to you before on these forums the distinction between 'Gnostic Atheism' and 'Agnostic Atheism'. The former, one could say, lives up to your claim. The latter does not. Most atheists are probably on a continuum between the two.

most people are on a continuum in their belief system. thats why you see theists becoming atheists and atheists converting to theism.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I'm an atheist, I want evidence. Show me a god and I'll believe that she exists.
At the moment I have no evidence that she exists, so I work to the premise (not believe) that no such being exists.
look in a mirror and start with self's inward reality then move outward

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
This is from your book and the Christian book, I think the gist of the story is the same, what a coincidence :) :

And (remember) when your Lord said to the angels: ‘I am going to create a human (Adam) from sounding clay of altered black smooth mud. So when I have fashioned him and breathed into him (his) soul created by Me, then you fall down prostrate to him.” (Quran 38:71-72)

From what we know this isn't true so it's unbelievable

Please mention also the context verses, some verses preceding and some verses following the above verses. Right, please?
Did one read Quran from cover to cover to make have an understanding of it? Or at least the whole chapter, please?

Regards