• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Atheism people have a belief "God does not exist "

Jesster

Friendly skeptic
Premium Member
everything moves in a system, or as a system.
your system is a movement away from some other.
the other option is a movement towards something.

unfortunately the dipole of theism and atheism are simply to sides of the same coin, or two polarities of a line, spectrum.

the middle being in balance.

Atheism in Hinduism - Wikipedia
Theists are making a claim in their beliefs. All I do is not believe in their arguments. Nothing more.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Please mention also the context verses, some verses preceding and some verses following the above verses. Right, please?
Did one read Quran from cover to cover to make have an understanding of it? Or at least the whole chapter, please?

Regards

I think the sticking point is mud

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
You should start with the evidence that exists out in reality.
unfortunately most people did that and then they had rethink or question their outward observations by rethinking their inner realities

facades aren't indicative of actions; especially over a long period of time and space

Thermos aquaticus

everything moves in a system, or as a system.
your system is a movement away from some other.
the other option is a movement towards something.

The third option is to stay stationary.

unfortunately the dipole of theism and atheism are simply to sides of the same coin, or two polarities of a line, spectrum.

I don't see how you can sort of believe in deities. It does seem rather binary between believing in deities or not believing in deities.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Theists are making a claim in their beliefs. All I do is not believe in their arguments. Nothing more.
nothing more is still an action and indifference based.

sleeping is an action of indifference to outward reality

Thermos aquaticus

unfortunately most people did that and then they had rethink or question their outward observations by rethinking their inner realities

The first step would be to realize that there are no inner realities. You have inner beliefs, but reality does not conform to our beliefs.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
The third option is to stay stationary.
still an action

I don't see how you can sort of believe in deities. It does seem rather binary between believing in deities or not believing in deities.

well its kind of like energy doesn't have a form but we still know energy exists and forms/systems arise and collapse from/into it.

its also kind of like matter exists in many different variations and these variations arise and fall from/into it.

they are just different manifestations of the same thing. what is that thing? it's everything

Jesster

Friendly skeptic
Premium Member
nothing more is still an action and indifference based.

sleeping is an action of indifference to outward reality
When did this become about actions? It was about "faith" and "belief" before, neither of which has anything to do with atheism.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
The first step would be to realize that there are no inner realities. You have inner beliefs, but reality does not conform to our beliefs.

and yet you have inner beliefs too that you project onto your outward reality.

i'm not asking you to believe in a deity. i'm telling you that your inner reality doesn't necessarily balance with the outward one, any more than a theists pretending there some big kahoona in the sky knocking back goblets of wine and making strategic moves.

but there are some simple insights that match up with reality; whether inward or outward. if there is any truth, it has to work the same way for everything

science is hoping to find a unified theory that works at both the micro/macro level.

in alchemy they called it as above; so below.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
When did this become about actions? It was about "faith" and "belief" before, neither of which has anything to do with atheism.

a belief system is what a person acts from. a dumb person questions both their inward and outward reality. a smart person questions only one or the other

Jesster

Friendly skeptic
Premium Member
a belief system is what a person acts from. a dumb person questions both their inward and outward reality. a smart person questions only one or the other
Atheism doesn't inform my actions. I have other beliefs, but that's not it.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Atheism doesn't inform my actions. I have other beliefs, but that's not it.
belief systems work that way. you won't find two theists exactly alike either.

again, like someone else noted it's usually a continuum in all most everyone; except for maybe those who are dying.

some people take theism/atheism way to personal. there can be a balance

Thermos aquaticus

well its kind of like energy doesn't have a form but we still know energy exists and forms/systems arise and collapse from/into it.

Energy does have form, so I'm not sure what you are talking about. For example, the mediator of the electromagnetic force is the photon. It has a form. We know about energy because of the forms it takes.

its also kind of like matter exists in many different variations and these variations arise and fall from/into it.

they are just different manifestations of the same thing. what is that thing? it's everything

That sounds like a bunch of woo that really doesn't address the topic.

Thermos aquaticus

and yet you have inner beliefs too that you project onto your outward reality.

And strangely enough, reality just ignores it and keeps operating the way it always has.

i'm not asking you to believe in a deity. i'm telling you that your inner reality doesn't necessarily balance with the outward one, any more than a theists pretending there some big kahoona in the sky knocking back goblets of wine and making strategic moves.

but there are some simple insights that match up with reality; whether inward or outward. if there is any truth, it has to work the same way for everything

science is hoping to find a unified theory that works at both the micro/macro level.

in alchemy they called it as above; so below.

There are no inner realities. There are only inner beliefs.

Jesster

Friendly skeptic
Premium Member
belief systems work that way. you won't find two theists exactly alike either.

again, like someone else noted it's usually a continuum in all most everyone; except for maybe those who are dying.
No, two theists won't be exactly alike. So what? Atheism still isn't a belief. It's a non-belief in what theists claim. Atheists aren't driven by that. I'm driven by other things entirely. If you want to discuss what I do believe, we can do that instead.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Energy does have form, so I'm not sure what you are talking about. For example, the mediator of the electromagnetic force is the photon. It has a form. We know about energy because of the forms it takes.
it has a form in space/time but not as a wave. we know about energy more because of the action it takes. all forms are made of energy

That sounds like a bunch of woo that really doesn't address the topic.
its the same wooo no matter which end of the spectrum you describe it. you're using two different lingos to describe the same wooooooooooooo

you just prefer your idioletic language better than another idioletic

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
And strangely enough, reality just ignores it and keeps operating the way it always has.
yes and then the scientists opens her/his mind and they realize they were observing it right but thinking it wrong based on bias from previous experience. in some philosophical circles it's called the conditional mind.

There are no inner realities. There are only inner beliefs.
thank you for noticing. some realities are bigger than others. when people stop questioning, they stop realizing. they start fantasizing. the path finders don't follow the rigid rules; especially when the science has come to an impass. they find another way

Thermos aquaticus

it has a form in space/time but not as a wave. we know about energy more because of the action it takes. all forms are made of energy

A photon is a wave or a particle, depending on the situation. I would suggest that you read up on modern physics.

its the same wooo no matter which end of the spectrum you describe it. you're using two different lingos to describe the same wooooooooooooo

you just prefer your idioletic language better than another idioletic

On my end of the spectrum I have objective evidence and experimental support. It's not woo.