• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Atheists: does God exist?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
“Messengers of God” is not evidence.
It might not be sufficient for you to believe in God but “Messengers of God” are the only evidence that God has ever provided.

Some believers claim that the creation is evidence for God but it is not very good evidence, since there is no way one can tie creation back to God.
Besides that, there are other explanations for how creation came into being.
If I say Messengers of God told me my cat is the reincarnation of Jesus Christ is that evidence that my cat is, in fact, Jesus?
No, but no Messenger of God would ever say that so it is a moot point.

Watchmen

Premium Member
It might not be sufficient for you to believe in God but “Messengers of God” are the only evidence that God has ever provided.

Some believers claim that the creation is evidence for God but it is not very good evidence, since there is no way one can tie creation back to God.
Besides that, there are other explanations for how creation came into being.

No, but no Messenger of God would ever say that so it is a moot point.
Messenger if god is no evidence at all no matter how many times you say it. And it’s certainly not reasonable.

Messengers of god told me my cat is the reborn Jesus. It’s true. I know it is. God told my heart. It is knowledge imparted to me through divine means.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Messenger if god is no evidence at all no matter how many times you say it. And it’s certainly not reasonable.
Messengers of God are the evidence for God no matter how many times you say they are not. And it’s certainly reasonable.
I have given the atheists on this forum plenty of opportunities to come up with 'a better way' for God to communicate to humans.
Just look at all the threads I have started, yet nobody has EVER come up with a better way.

84% of people in the word believe in God because of Messengers so the implication is that atheists just don't get it.

Because most faiths have a religious Founder or what I call a Messenger that means most people believe in God because of a Messenger. We know that Christians and Muslims believe in a Messenger and they comprise 55% of the world population. It does not matter if you call them a Messenger; they are holy men who founded the religions, so they are intermediaries between God and man. Sure, there are a few believers who believe in God but not a Messenger but that is not the norm. The point is that with no Messengers or holy men very few people would believe in God.
Messengers of god told me my cat is the reborn Jesus. It’s true. I know it is. God told my heart. It is knowledge imparted to me through divine means.
No true Messenger of God told you that your cat is the reborn Jesus.

Watchmen

Premium Member
Messengers of God are the evidence for God no matter how many times you say they are not. And it’s certainly reasonable.
I have given the atheists on this forum plenty of opportunities to come up with 'a better way' for God to communicate to humans.
Just look at all the threads I have started, yet nobody has EVER come up with a better way.

84% of people in the word believe in God because of Messengers so the implication is that atheists just don't get it.

Because most faiths have a religious Founder or what I call a Messenger that means most people believe in God because of a Messenger. We know that Christians and Muslims believe in a Messenger and they comprise 55% of the world population. It does not matter if you call them a Messenger; they are holy men who founded the religions, so they are intermediaries between God and man. Sure, there are a few believers who believe in God but not a Messenger but that is not the norm. The point is that with no Messengers or holy men very few people would believe in God.

No true Messenger of God told you that your cat is the reborn Jesus.
Nonsense. Maybe we need to take a step back and check your definition of “evidence.” How do you define that word?

And a messenger of god did tell me my cat is Jesus. That’s my evidence. And my wife and kids just received the same message. This movement is growing because it’s true.

God knows who everyone is and the life they live. God only is part of them that live their life to his standards. That is having Faith, Believing in him and obeying him. God does not have anything to do with the atheist the unbeliever of him. Because you cannot see him with your eyes you cannot believe in an invisible God that takes Faith to believe. Hebrews 3:11 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you and evil heart of UNBELIEF, in departing from the living God.

F1fan

Veteran Member
God knows who everyone is and the life they live.
This is stated as if a fact, how is this claim true? Begin by demonstrating that your idea of God actually exists outside of your imagination. Use facts.
God only is part of them that live their life to his standards.
Really? What standards? And how is this factual, and not just untrue religious dogma?
That is having Faith, Believing in him and obeying him.
How does your God enforce the rules and standards so that obedience is meaningful?
God does not have anything to do with the atheist the unbeliever of him.
Isn't that odd? It's almost as if God doesn't exist outside of the minds of believers. That would make mere mortals the God, and the idea of God just a manifestation. In other words, illusion.
Because you cannot see him with your eyes you cannot believe in an invisible God that takes Faith to believe.
Rational minds require evidence to make valid conclusions. Faith is self-serving and unreliable. It offers no advantage for minds seeking truth. Look at how believers seldom agree on what they claim is Truth. Quite ironic that is.
Hebrews 3:11 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you and evil heart of UNBELIEF, in departing from the living God.
The Bible and interpretations of texts have no authority.

When you live to God's standards and obey God, Your life will change and you will feel safe and the world will have nothing to do with you. While everyone that is out there killing each other and causing wars you will live a happy safe life. Your life will go slower because you are not in a hurry to have what you do not need. It is all up to the individual that truly wants to be saved from a world of hate. One has to seek God in full Faithfulness to him.

God does not give to us what we do not work for. We have to work and show God that we are true to him. God gives us all the directions to follow in the Bible and if one follows God's directions God will know him. The number one is having Faith and obeying the commandments. The commandments start in Exodus and are repeated over and over just as Faith is. God created man to take care of the world. The whole duty of man is to obey the commandments. Ecclesiastes 12:13

Jehovah God and Jesus are nice to everyone, even the Evil ones and the Unbelievers hoping they will change and follow God. In the end those who do not believe and do not follow in the word of God will not be saved. God is waiting for anyone that seeks him to become one with him and his son Jesus.