• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Atheists: If there's no God, then where did the world come from?

A

angellous_evangellous

Then how do you presume to explain something that cannot have a scientific value?
Exactly. That is why not even a hint of rationale bleeds through on the contrary.

There's nothing logical about a divine being, and yet it is the only logical thing that explains where reality came from.

Just keep digging.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Then how do you presume to explain something that cannot have a scientific value?
Exactly. That is why not even a hint of rationale bleeds through on the contrary.

There's nothing logical about a divine being, and yet it is the only logic that explains where reality came from.
You keep on making contradictory arguments:

- God isn't logical, but logic implies God.
- God isn't within "the plane of reality", but God is real.

You do realize that a contradictory statement can be safely rejected as invalid, right?

sky dancer

What makes anyone think the universe came from some place? It's possible to experience the truth of how things abide as dream-like illusory nature.

A

angellous_evangellous

What makes anyone think the universe came from some place? It's possible to experience the truth of how things abide as dream-like illusory nature.

With the help of legal, hallucinaginic drugs.

Sum1sGruj

Just keep digging.

On this, we can agree.

There's no where else to dig. It's the audacity of human logic that assumes it can when it knows it cannot.
There is nothing logical about quantum leaps, but you accept it because one day we will figure them out and when we do, it will be logical. The origin of reality will never be explained in logic, because the truth is that it was created by something outside our parameter of logic.
The only thing we can do is analyze what this thing is, and that is what I did. It must be infinite, with no beginning or end, and must have will. Otherwise, it could not have created reality.

A

angellous_evangellous

There's no where else to dig. It's the audacity of human logic that assumes it can when it knows it cannot.
There is nothing logical about quantum leaps, but you accept it because one day we will figure them out and when we do, it will be logical. The origin of reality will never be explained in logic, because the truth is that it was created by something outside our parameter of logic.
The only thing we can do is analyze what this thing is, and that is what I did. It must be infinite, with no beginning or end, and must have will. Otherwise, it could not have created reality.

Word salad.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
But reality exists, therefore God created us. All I see you doing is calling it illogical, but you cannot give a logical explanation why this isn't the case.
If you agree that something cannot come from nothing, then tell a different rationale.
I never claimed that somethig came from nothing.

That is the popular theist strawman version.

Sum1sGruj

You all just don't $%#@%% get it.
Whatever. The reality came from nothing, I suppose. That is the only other explanation.
But wait, you all have admitted that something cannto come from nothing.

Religious bias my ***. How about logic.
I have seen none of you be able to prescribe anything except insults.

I have officially proven, after all this time, the biased thought behind so called 'rationalists'.

Last edited: