• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Be Offended By the Post Above You

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
My daughter actually just told me over the breakfast table that the floor was being evil. I asked her what she meant, and she said 'Look, Daddy...there's food all over it and it's dirty...'

What does that have to do with this? I dunno. Just thought it was cute/time to speak to childcare.

I find it offensive that you can laugh at something you find offensive. I escape this conundrum by automatically granting anything funny an 'offence-exemption'.
ie. It's not offensive because it's **** funny.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
There's nothing wrong with eating offal not fit for human consumption, and I find the assertion that there is offensive.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
qm.gif

You didn't even consider kitty consumption!

Thief

Rogue Theologian
You guys only THINK you know offensive and disgusting entre'...

We lived on corned beef my mom got from the railcar with food stamps.
It came in a can with no paper label and only black ink to mark the contents.

It smelled like dog food and sliced like bologna.
Best to fry it.....you don't really know what it's made of.
Best to have mustard handy....lots of it.....

To this day the stench of the stuff frying lingers in my nostrils.
and that was 45yrs ago!

Last edited:

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Bah, I had to live on canned mackeral and bully beef for months in PNG. That's all we had, plus rice. (soooo much rice). And whatever greens our slightly disgusting Aussie cook scavenged from (literally) the roadside. We'd ask 'What's this?' and he'd say 'kumu', which just means 'greens'. And we'd say 'Erm...in English?' And he'd say 'Let's just stick with kumu, okay?'

We were mighty happy when hurricane season was over and we could get to the markets again, I'll tell ya...

Oh, and I'm offended that you can remember anything from 45 years ago. I wasn't even born then, and I'm not sure such a time existed. I am offended by your certainty that it did.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Bah, I had to live on canned mackeral and bully beef for months in PNG. That's all we had, plus rice. (soooo much rice). And whatever greens our slightly disgusting Aussie cook scavenged from (literally) the roadside. We'd ask 'What's this?' and he'd say 'kumu', which just means 'greens'. And we'd say 'Erm...in English?' And he'd say 'Let's just stick with kumu, okay?'

We were mighty happy when hurricane season was over and we could get to the markets again, I'll tell ya...

Oh, and I'm offended that you can remember anything from 45 years ago. I wasn't even born then, and I'm not sure such a time existed. I am offended by your certainty that it did.

You're not implying that I'm making this up .....are YOUUUUUUU???????

I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OFFENDED!

I'll have you know I have a n excellent memory.

Now if I could just forget YOU!

BSM1

What? Me worry?
It's offensive that you would employee a phony lisp when speaking of HH. She's a miss not a myth.