• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Be Offended By the Post Above You

4consideration

Premium Member
I think, and i may be wrong, that the fact that you're suggesting a mirror is communicating with you, and that it can have feelings and thoughts, as well as the capacity to learn, is one of the most insulting things i've ever had the misfortune of reading.

To be honest, although i didn't expect much, i still expected more from you. I never thought you'd be capable of saying such a dreadful thing. Speaking sentient mirrors? Please.

I request and hope that you would have the required decorum to both retract your ridiculous statements and accompany it with a heart felt apology. Its the least you could do.

Well... I have a few bones to pick with you, sir.

1. You defended me earlier -- on this very thread. Hardly anything for me to find fault with. The fact that I couldn't find anything to be offended about, and it actually came across as sweet, made me feel insufficient in locating offensive material. I looked for it. NOTHING. I couldn't even reply until now. Do you know how empty it feels to look and find nothing there? I shouldn't have to point out how offensive that is.

2. Now you are questioning the whole talking mirrors thing. How do you think that makes Snow White feel to know that you think her whole life-story was based upon some kind of impossible occurrence -- like a fairy tale? What if she heard you? That is just offensive.

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Well... I have a few bones to pick with you, sir.

1. You defended me earlier -- on this very thread. Hardly anything for me to find fault with. The fact that I couldn't find anything to be offended about, and it actually came across as sweet, made me feel insufficient in locating offensive material. I looked for it. NOTHING. I couldn't even reply until now. Do you know how empty it feels to look and find nothing there? I shouldn't have to point out how offensive that is.

2. Now you are questioning the whole talking mirrors thing. How do you think that makes Snow White feel to know that you think her whole life-story was based upon some kind of impossible occurrence -- like a fairy tale? What if she heard you? That is just offensive.

I'm ashamed that my words could cause such an amount of irreversible damage to not one, but two ladies. I can only offer my sincerest of apologies, and i would have, had it not been for the following.

Given that i'm unaccustomed to feeling guilt or to apologizing to others, as well as being scolded in public like this, i request that you apologize for how you have made me feel. Also, while my point against Kathryn earlier might've been unwarranted as you pointed out, i further insist that she apologizes for her indirect role in this calamity.

That means that i get 3 apologies from between the both of you, two from you (one for the guilt and one for the scolding), and one from kathryn. While i offer two for you. Now, since i have a one advantage, i'll cancel out two of mine with two of yours, and just settle for one from either one of you.

I'll be expecting your heart felt apology as soon as possible.

4consideration

Premium Member
I am deeply and truly sorry that your behavior was such that it required you to make a public apology to both me and Kathryn.

How's that?

edit: That's two apologies: deeply and truly :)

It counts!

Last edited:

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I am deeply and truly sorry that your behavior was such that it required you to make a public apology to both me and Kathryn.

How's that?

That was fast, straight forward and exactly what i asked for. Couldn't possibly ask for more. What one would call swift justice, i might add.

None of this however negates the fact that it was also incredibly offensive!!

Why'd you apologize so fast? Trying to make me look like a child in comparison?

edit: That's two apologies: deeply and truly :)

It counts!

Hah! Too late. I've got you, i owe you and i ain't paying! Hahahahaha

Oh i see what you did there, too. A little too late, but i see it. You're just hell bent on exposing me for being a troubled 4 year old at heart, aren't you?

Well, you've succeeded. Celebrate if you want. You've won, but you've also earned the title of the most offensive poster in this thread thus far.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
What was that about talking mirrors?

We are reflections of God!

I am sooooooooooooooo offended.

But this ain't the debate section...so.....
there!

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
What was that about talking mirrors?

We are reflections of God!

I am sooooooooooooooo offended.

But this ain't the debate section...so.....
there!

I'm offended for all the atheists who have to read this. Wait...Hmmm...yeah, that's the ticket...

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I'm offended for all the atheists who have to read this. Wait...Hmmm...yeah, that's the ticket...

I am appalled and flabbergasted that anyone would speak as if to defend an atheist. They can do that for themselves...and do so all too often.

(that is what you're doing...right?)

DreadFish

Cosmic Vagabond
I am appalled and flabbergasted that anyone would speak as if to defend an atheist. They can do that for themselves...and do so all too often.

(that is what you're doing...right?)

How dare you insinuate what someone else is doing without even checking first? Are you some sort of know-it-all? How offensive!

4consideration

Premium Member
How dare you insinuate what someone else is doing without even checking first? Are you some sort of know-it-all? How offensive!

Well...I am a know-it-all -- and darned proud of it!

Quite frankly, I am offended though that you used the antiquated term "know-it-all" and not the newer, more accurate term "4consideration wanna-be."

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Hey!...I actually got a reprimand for being a know-it-all from a really stupid tool manager.

He really was dumber than a box of rocks.

He wanted me to sign the reprimand...and I was sooooooo offended.
Especially when he didn't spell...'knoe- it-all' ...correctly.

So knock of the know-it-all insults!

I am soooooo offended!

4consideration

Premium Member
Truth is hard to swallow....pinch your nose and gulp.
I am sooooo offended by light weights that think they know more than me.

Well...I am offended that you are suggesting that we ought to be heavier than we are. I, for one, am working on more excercise and losing some excess weight. I am feeling a lot better about the way I look, and I would ask that you not discourage me, or disparage me.

Truth may be hard to swallow, but psyillium husk fiber is not -- as long as you drink it really quickly before it start to congeal.

Kathryn

Well...I am offended that you are suggesting that we ought to be heavier than we are. I, for one, am working on more excercise and losing some excess weight. I am feeling a lot better about the way I look, and I would ask that you not discourage me, or disparage me.

Truth may be hard to swallow, but psyillium husk fiber is not -- as long as you drink it really quickly before it start to congeal.

Please don't assume that just because you apparently need more fiber in your life, that others do as well. I'm quite regular without adding any psyillium husks, thank you very kindly.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
What you do with husks should be between you and your dealer. I sure as heck don't need to hear the details, especially not just before shabbat.

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
What you do with husks should be between you and your dealer. I sure as heck don't need to hear the details, especially not just before shabbat.
What do you mean you don't need to hear the details? Maybe I LIKE giving details. I swear, some people's children.

Kathryn

Shabbat? I don't know what that means, but it sounds rather rude. I'm offended.