• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bibi a sign that the Anti Christ is near

King Phenomenon

Veteran Member
Thank you, but my problem with your #133, it seems to me, is that it assumes great events in modern human affairs are generated by and depend on what happened thousands of years ago in one tiny cultural zone.

Christianity is a religion quite distinct from Judaism. Paul relatively early renounced the covenant of circumcision, and despite the fact that all five versions of Jesus in the NT deny that they're God and never claim to be God, Christianity, from early in the 2nd century CE, pushes not for whether but how Jesus can be elevated to God status, with various models tried and rejected. And then the Trinity doctrine is adopted, which indeed makes Jesus 100% of God, while making the Father and the Ghost God each 100% of God as well ─ though rather than call this by its usual name, "a nonsense", they prefer to call it "a mystery in the strict sense, in that that it cannot be known by human reason apart from revelation" ─ I've never seen a claim identifying to whom it was said to be be first revealed ─ "nor cogently demonstrated by reason after it has been revealed" (their words, not mine).

So it's also not clear to me why anything in the Tanakh is relevant to the Christian world, notwithstanding the extensive use of the Tanakh by the gospel authors, since it's strictly for Jewish purposes.
I think you put to much stock in books when you try to understand spiritual aspects of faith. Loosen up a little and maybe you’ll see more. …or maybe not. I’m just making a suggestion from what I see. I’m not trying to pick on you, I’m just offering friendly advice.

I’m not saying this necessarily about this particular posting of yours, but I’ve noticed over the years you always seem to reference Things that are written in books when you’re debating.

Last edited:

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think you put to much stock in books when you try to understand spiritual aspects of faith. Loosen up a little and maybe you’ll see more. …or maybe not. I’m just making a suggestion from what I see. I’m not trying to pick on you, I’m just offering friendly advice.

I’m not saying this necessarily about this particular posting of yours, but I’ve noticed over the years you always seem to reference Things that are written in books when you’re debating.
That's because I prefer in general for my understanding to be based on facts, and where opinions are involved, identified opinions. Yes, I know there are no absolutes, at least not outside this sentence. But the justification for reasoned enquiry, not least science, is not that it makes absolute statements, but that it works.

King Phenomenon

Veteran Member
That's because I prefer in general for my understanding to be based on facts, and where opinions are involved, identified opinions. Yes, I know there are no absolutes, at least not outside this sentence. But the justification for reasoned enquiry, not least science, is not that it makes absolute statements, but that it works.
So I guess you don’t see what you’re doing as a little much. Carry on then…

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Your mission -- should you choose to accept it

Wow. A truly impressive read. Thank you. I don't know if I will be able to do it. But I'll try. I'll need to spend some time on it. Thank you for taking the time to share your research.

Sargonski

*chuckle* Dream on!

Chuckle not at your dreams brother blue .. otherwise they may not come true .. but either way it is not "OK" to build foundation for one's belief on fallacy you c ? 3 P O .. havig a star wars flashback now .. then it turned into a cow .. which is a good thing in prophecy right ! .. tell us when the number 666 gonna hit and then gonna have a fit .. cause you not be among the chosen .. "Not one of US" as the song goes .. but full redemption if you can name the artist no matter what dirty deeds .. come from your seed .. :)

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Chuckle not at your dreams brother blue .. otherwise they may not come true .. but either way it is not "OK" to build foundation for one's belief on fallacy you c ?
How do you define truth?

Does your definition come with an objective test for truth?

Or is truth whatever you feel like at the time?

Sargonski

How do you define truth?

Does your definition come with an objective test for truth?

Or is truth whatever you feel like at the time?

Meditate on the sound of one hand clapping Brother Blue .. and perhaps the truth will come to you 2 .. and the ability to distinguish between the two .. and then one day .. perhaps you will be able to build your foundation on something other than fallacy .. and existentialist navel gazing..

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Meditate on the sound of one hand clapping Brother Blue .. and perhaps the truth will come to you 2 .. and the ability to distinguish between the two .. and then one day .. perhaps you will be able to build your foundation on something other than fallacy .. and existentialist navel gazing..
Ah, you give yourself the wonderful freedom of keeping the notion of truth blurry so that it fits whatever is your fancy at the particular time.

I've no doubt that's very handy, but it's not how I see it.

But it's good to clear these things up. Thanks.

Sargonski

Ah, you give yourself the wonderful freedom of keeping the notion of truth blurry so that it fits whatever is your fancy at the particular time.

I've no doubt that's very handy, but it's not how I see it.

But it's good to clear these things up. Thanks.

Who keeps truth blurry mate .. you were the one had nothing to contribute but "hiding out in tree-tops .. shouting out rude names" .. deflecting from the subject matter with silly nonsense .. and now the strawman fallacy .. nonsense false accusation .. as blurry as all heck in a fit of projective glory.

Now .. did you come up with the name of that tune .. or the artist ?

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
and now the strawman fallacy .. nonsense false accusation .. as blurry as all heck in a fit of projective glory.

Now .. did you come up with the name of that tune .. or the artist ?
Yes, I've heard it before ─ the great Zip Sargonski, singing his immortal version of "I got plenty o' nothin'."

Sargonski

Yes, I've heard it before ─ the great Zip Sargonski, singing his immortal version of "I got plenty o' nothin'."

Name calling is not an argument for much Brother Blue .. kind of like a flu that has got You mate .. projectile " I got plenty o nothin" :) and priceless as all hell .. that crucifixion .. and righteous diction

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Name calling is not an argument for much Brother Blue .. kind of like a flu that has got You mate .. projectile " I got plenty o nothin" :) and priceless as all hell .. that crucifixion .. and righteous diction
Whatever.

Still, I guess for you the game's the thing, so enjoy!

Sargonski

Whatever.

Still, I guess for you the game's the thing, so enjoy

Why are you still talking friend .. nothing but name calling and false accusation with every post - which is not an argument for anything. Better to be silent and thought of as a fool.. than to open mouth in such fashion ..

Do you not understand that name calling is not an argument Brother Blue ?

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Why are you still talking friend .. nothing but name calling and false accusation with every post - which is not an argument for anything. Better to be silent and thought of as a fool.. than to open mouth in such fashion ..

Do you not understand that name calling is not an argument Brother Blue ?
You call it name-calling, I call it a due response to your subject matter in the light of your methods.

But peace, peace. I'll leave you to it.

Sargonski

You call it name-calling, I call it a due response to your subject matter in the light of your methods.

But peace, peace. I'll leave you to it.

You are so deep and desperate into this name calling strawman fallacy that you can't even remember what you are falsely accusing me of :) Ha ha haaa...

What subject matter are you referring to.. what methods friend .. my apologies for the harsh crucifixion of some position that you were clinging, .. but, I can't help you unless you can remember what the subject matter you are referring to is ? .. and why are you leaving this problem to me when you don't remember what the problem is ?

The foundation to your belief is rooted in fallacy and the anti - christ is near but, because you are not aware of what or where this entity is ... how could you be aware of its presence and realize on what foundation you build your house Brother Blue .. I tell you true :) heh heh heh .

Now Peace be with you .. Brother Blue .. and I will leave it to you to discover the nature of the beast that haunts you ...

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You are so deep and desperate into this name calling strawman fallacy that you can't even remember what you are falsely accusing me of :) Ha ha haaa...

What subject matter are you referring to.. what methods friend .. my apologies for the harsh crucifixion of some position that you were clinging, .. but, I can't help you unless you can remember what the subject matter you are referring to is ? .. and why are you leaving this problem to me when you don't remember what the problem is ?

The foundation to your belief is rooted in fallacy and the anti - christ is near but, because you are not aware of what or where this entity is ... how could you be aware of its presence and realize on what foundation you build your house Brother Blue .. I tell you true :) heh heh heh .

Now Peace be with you .. Brother Blue .. and I will leave it to you to discover the nature of the beast that haunts you ...
As I said, I'll leave you to it.

Have a lovely day!

And enjoy your game!

Sargonski

As I said, I'll leave you to it.

Have a lovely day!

And enjoy your game!

What are you leaving to me Brother Blu ? I am not able to help you to with your fallacious foundation if you run from the playground . .. the move from denial to grudging acceptance .. this you must do on your own and should not be left in the hands of others...

Now Peace be with you .. Brother Blu .. and good luck in your quest to hide from the beast that haunts you .. the beast who's number is 181818 !?

Now solve the riddle if you think you are worthy !

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What are you leaving to me Brother Blu ? I am not able to help you to with your fallacious foundation if you run from the playground . .. the move from denial to grudging acceptance .. this you must do on your own and should not be left in the hands of others...

Now Peace be with you .. Brother Blu .. and good luck in your quest to hide from the beast that haunts you .. the beast who's number is 181818 !?

Now solve the riddle if you think you are worthy !
I'll be in the library. Once more, have a lovely day!