• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Biblical Archaeology; the most stunning proof of God.

Dan4reason

Facts not Faith
You just do your best to understand people, thats what I do. What we can't get to, we just cannot.

I look at it like this; We have Jesus tomb the tomb of Joseph, one of a possible two. We have the place he was baptised in, the river Jordan. We have the city this occured in - Jerusalem, we have the actual place and location he was killed in - the place of the skull, we have parts of the spot he stood in before Pilate--The Via Dolorosa, we have the actual gate he was marched through to his death-- The Damascus Gate, we have the actual bones of the high priest who judged him- Caiaphas, We have the house of Martha and Mary his friends he visted, we have the house of Peter his Apostle, we have the garden he prayed in and was betrayed in, we have the historical records of Josephus, Suetonius, Thallus, Pling the Younger, the Talmud and Lucian, then in my view Christ existed.

I consider this sufficent evidence of him. The bible spoke of and recorded these things, so in my view its sufficent evidence of its validity. The bible states that God is real. Its academic.

Peace.

The whole debate about the existence of Jesus is a whole different story and I will be pleased to talk to you about that, however I will respond to this post in a few days. Thanks for the debate.

mickiel

The whole debate about the existence of Jesus is a whole different story and I will be pleased to talk to you about that, however I will respond to this post in a few days. Thanks for the debate.

Well your welcome, I enjoyed it, and your mannerism during it.

I look forward to more debate.

Peace.

mickiel

With the bible in hand, it is comparatively easy for Archaeologist to locate sites in the Holy Land. For example, 1Kings 7:45-46 mentions copper vessels made for Solomons temple. After searching archaeologist Nelson Glueck found a ruined site that he excavated, he actually found King Solomons copper mines. And he used the bible as a road map to find it.

Stunning evidence of the bibles validity.

Peace.

mickiel

Its academic, the bible is definte proof of God, and more proof will be revealed into the faces of all skeptics. Its going to literally come out from the earth.

Peace.

gnostic

The Lost One
You still don't understand what everyone have been saying, mickiel.

That the bible give real locations in its narrative, doesn't prove the stories in the bible to be true, let alone prove that you God exist.

You subject line state that the archaeology prove "God". Not the Bible, but God.
Biblical Archaeology: the most stunning proof of God.

There are number of myths in Greece, written by Homer, Hesiod, Pindar, Euripides and many other authors, who provide real geographical locations (as well as as settings for their works. Not just cities or towns, but lakes, rivers, and even tiny streams, forests, hill and mountains that do exist.

Egyptian and Babylonian authors of religious and mythological subjects have also used real locations, as well as mythological or imaginary locations in their stories.

Granted there are many locations within the city of Jerusalem that exist in Jesus' time, but these are not evidences of Jesus being alive, let alone that he exist the way gospels say he did.

As other RF members have pointed out to you, using real locations and objects, like gates or wells, are common usages of myth-makers. You claims in this thread haven't impress any of us who bother to reply to you.

Do you realize that there so many claim that people have fragments of wood used to crucify Jesus, that you can actually a whole parkful of trees?

Your opinion about archaeological evidence certainly doesn't god.

There are evidences that literal creation doesn't exist.

According to the calculation of the biblical timeline, the existence of humans began about less than 6000 years ago, hence after 4000 BCE. However, we find Neolithic towns and settlements older than 4000 BCE. Jericho, is just one of these places. Other towns/cities older than the supposed creation. Jaffa, Bylos and Sidon in Phoencia, Damascus and Aleppo in Syria, and the pre-Sumerian town of Uruk in Mesopotamia.

In Europe, there's Plovdiv, which existed as Neolithic settlement dated back in 6000 BCE. Although Athens as city didn't as a city back in 10th millennium BCE, trace of Neolithic settlement can be found.

In the Bible, the supposed first city was built by Cain, and named after his son, Enoch, but this city supposed built east of Eden, in the land of Nod which also seem imaginary as Enoch.

And if the Flood exist, then all the 3rd millennium BCE Bronze Age cities in Mesopotamia, Syria/Canaan and Egypt would show a common date of their destruction around 2340-2100 BCE by flood water, but it doesn't.

Its academic, the bible is definte proof of God, and more proof will be revealed into the faces of all skeptics. Its going to literally come out from the earth.

Peace.
There have been reports of finding watch-makers in new york city, as well as news stands.
Incredible proof of Dr. Manhattan!

And I want to go into that.

So we need an impartial judge to help us set up the rules and make the final decision about who has won. Perhaps one of the mods would like to step in and help us?

I know i wouldn't be very good at "impartially" judging the end result, but if you need a consultant i consider myself a bit of a Mickiel aficionado.

mickiel

There have been reports of finding watch-makers in new york city, as well as news stands.
Incredible proof of Dr. Manhattan!

And I want to go into that.

I know i wouldn't be very good at "impartially" judging the end result, but if you need a consultant i consider myself a bit of a Mickiel aficionado.

Whats it feel like to have your belief impaled?

Whats it feel like?

Peace.

Whats it feel like to have your belief impaled?

Whats it feel like?

Peace.

i suppose you'd have to ask someone who's belief(s) have been impaled.
or you'd at least have to ask someone who knows what the hell you're talking about.
it's always funny to watch you end your threatening posts with the word "peace".

IF_u_knew

Curious
i suppose you'd have to ask someone who's belief(s) have been impaled.
or you'd at least have to ask someone who knows what the hell you're talking about.
it's always funny to watch you end your threatening posts with the word "peace".

Why do you feel threatened? I would think you as one to be embarrassed to admit such considering.

MW0082

Jesus 4 Profit.... =)~
Oh my god Plymouth Rock undoubtable proof that, oh wait it's a piece of pooh. Still proof of the existence of the Cookie Monster.

It's real and full of chocolate moresels and I want to go into that.

peace

Why do you feel threatened? I would think you as one to be embarrassed to admit such considering.
something about someone assuming my "beliefs" have been "impaled" is easily deduced to a threat. but really, when it comes to mickiel i dont necessarily feel threatened, just that the intention of certain posts of his imply threat. it's like being threatened by a mailbox. it's slightly cute, and more so just confusing. i'd advise you against thinking too much about what i would consider (or my threshold for embarrassment), particularly since i dont think we've ever even met.
=) my name's mig, who are you?

mickiel

Then we have the stunning find of the biblical " King Jotham's signet ring and impression.

Peace.

mickiel

Then we have the " Ruins of the biblical " Synagogue at Capernaum. These stunning finds proves person, place andthing, and the bibles stunning accuracy, which thus, proves the existence of its God.

Peace.

mickiel

Archaeologist have unearthed Caesar Auguistus actual podium where he judged Christ from. Again stunning proof of Christ, thus stunning evidence of his Father God.

Peace.

croak

Trickster
mickiel, I was wondering if you wanted to debate what you post. If you think that what you're posting is irrefutable evidence, and don't really want others to keep popping in and point out how it isn't, why not post in Comparative Religion or in the Abrahamic Religions DIR?

Just a thought. If you'd rather invite the occasional debate, then by all means, keep posting in Religious Debates.

Also, do you get your evidence from certain websites or do you prefer using a search engine to browse various different ones?

Thanks.

mickiel

mickiel, I was wondering if you wanted to debate what you post. If you think that what you're posting is irrefutable evidence, and don't really want others to keep popping in and point out how it isn't, why not post in Comparative Religion or in the Abrahamic Religions DIR?

Just a thought. If you'd rather invite the occasional debate, then by all means, keep posting in Religious Debates.

Also, do you get your evidence from certain websites or do you prefer using a search engine to browse various different ones?

Thanks.

I debate here everyday. I get the evidence from both.

Peace.

mickiel

mickiel, I was wondering if you wanted to debate what you post.
Thanks.

I debate here every single day, and your wondering if I wanted to debate.

This teaches me that many Atheist cannot see debate in my style, they are complettely blind to it, its a phenom to me.

I do it with them, against them, around them and in front of their eyes everyday. Yet they seem obvlious to it.

Will wonders never cease.

Peace.

croak

Trickster
I debate here every single day, and your wondering if I wanted to debate.

This teaches me that many Atheist cannot see debate in my style, they are complettely blind to it, its a phenom to me.

I do it with them, against them, around them and in front of their eyes everyday. Yet they seem obvlious to it.

Will wonders never cease.

Peace.
First of all, I am not an atheist. This may surprise you, it may not, but I don't want to leave you thinking otherwise. Secondly, I haven't followed your threads, just stumbled across them on occasion, so I haven't learned of your debating style. What I have seen is posts where you show what you believe, but don't quite address objections people may have, which led me to think that maybe you did not want to debate. But, by all means, as I said before, if you want to debate, do so. I won't stop you.

Take care.

mickiel

First of all, I am not an atheist. This may surprise you, it may not, but I don't want to leave you thinking otherwise. Secondly, I haven't followed your threads, just stumbled across them on occasion, so I haven't learned of your debating style. What I have seen is posts where you show what you believe, but don't quite address objections people may have, which led me to think that maybe you did not want to debate. But, by all means, as I said before, if you want to debate, do so. I won't stop you.

Take care.

I address objections everyday, the claim that I don't is an Atheist excuse and illusion here that you have bought into.

Peace.