• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Book of Mormon

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Mighty serious accusations. Ah well. Everyone has an opinion. No hard feelings. ;) Not quite sure where you get such heavy-handed judgments from, but whatever. That be cool. :shrug:

RA

Again Im not "accusing "you...

You just come across this way..

Forgive me If I've mischaracterised you..

Love

Dallas

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
Uhm, well, just a word of advice -- you might want to actually read books before making a statement like that. I have criticized Evangelical Chistians and whole segments of the Evangelical Christian Church in:

1. End-Time Visions: The Road to Armageddon?

2. American Militias: Rebellion, Racism, and Religion

3. Harry Potter, Narnia, and the Lord of the Rings

4. Rick Warren and the Purpose that Drives Him

Soooo, you know, just FYI.

If you say so. C.S. Lewis is a heretic, too? I'm not planning on buying your book, but is your beef with Narnia that Lewis recasts part of the passion story with different characters? Or is it that you think, like Warnke, that magic is more than just psychological and kids shouldn't read anything dealing with magic?

You are attempting to understand me and my work from two articles? Impossible. Sorry.

No. I'm trying to get a straight answer about why you have a fixation with tearing down Mormons, New Age and other things that you don't seem to understand. And your answers don't add up.

Oh, I criticized him to. I suggest you read Warnke Ministries Hurt by Expose by your's truly.

I read it. Note: that sentence started with the word "Ironically."

Last edited:

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
No. I'm trying to get a straight answer about why you have a fixation with tearing down Mormons, New Age and other things that you obviously don't understand.

Me too Dopp....

He answered to me he is "personally fascinated"...And he is a "religious journalist"...

The "personally fascinated" needs to be expounded on before I take that as an answer...

I want to know WHY its fascinating?? What is his goal???

Love

Dallas

A

angellous_evangellous

Ha! Dopp, we finally have some substantive reading! After Heidegger and Neitzsche, let's work our way up to some real classy polemic. haha

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Rabanes...

You arent trying to learn anything...(yes my judgment).

Love

Dallas

Last edited:

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Ha! Dopp, we finally have some substantive reading! After Heidegger and Neitzsche, let's work our way up to some real classy polemic. haha

I dont know what the hell you are talking about...But my instinct tells me there is something not good.. the education .... is not out of good intentions..

But of course I can not read anothers heart...

Love

Dallas

A

angellous_evangellous

I dont know what the hell you are talking about...But my instinct tells me there is something not good.. the education .... is not out of good intentions..

But of course I can not read anothers heart...

Love

Dallas

cough *sarcasm* cough

A

angellous_evangellous

doppelgänger;1356724 said:
It's a deal. Are you interested in the Pagels book? Should I bring it?

The gesture is appreciated, but I have access to it in the library. I live there, man. All I need is the title and I can read it.

rabanes

doppelgänger;1356699 said:
If you say so.
That's it? You make a comment like "you have a history of writing books and articles attacking a wide array of religious perspectives - with the notable exception of Evangelical Christianity" and I show how that is mistaken, and all you say is "If you say so."

No, "Oh hey, dude, sorry about that?" No, "Well, that's a pleasant surprise"?

Hmmm, :( okay.

C.S. Lewis is a heretic, too? I'm not planning on buying your book, but is your beef with Narnia that Lewis recasts part of the passion story with different characters?
Please -- and I am seriously saying, please -- talke a look at how you are assuming so much. Who said anything about me criticizing Lewis, let alone calling him a heretic??? Do you not see how many preconceived ideas you have about me? This is where communication breaks down and walls go on.

The fact is that I exalt Lewis as a brilliant genius, and I defend him against the likes of Philip Pullman. I criticize others in that book who would be classed as evangelicals -- namely, on one extreme, people who want to ban/burn Harry Potter books, and at the other extreme, people who say HP is some kind of "Christian" series (which is not a supportable view).

Or is it that you think, like Warnke, that magic is more than just psychological and kids shouldn't read anything dealing with magic?
I can assure you that I think nothing like Warnke.

No. I'm trying to get a straight answer about why you have a fixation with tearing down Mormons, New Age and other things that you don't seem to understand.
There is just so mush wrong with this, I almost don't know where to begin.

And your answers don't add up.
They don't add up because of your preconceived ideas about who/what I am -- as evidenced by your Lewis statement. You already have an image, a role, a slot into which I have been placed. It's not adding up because I am a octagon, not a square.

RA

Last edited: