• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Brussels Under Attack

Kirran

Premium Member
So, numbers mean nothing, right? Do you even understand how ridiculous your position is? 4 fatal victims of "Christian" terrorism vs. more than 3700 fatal victims of Islamic terrorism. Yet, both are somehow equally dangerous and equally supported by Christian and Muslim sacred scriptures, respectively. Even a five-year-old boy would easily conclude that your line of thinking is irrational to an extreme.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terrorism#Contemporary

Nobody has clean hands. As a Hindu, I include my own faith in that - there is Hindu violence also.

Kirran

Premium Member
We don't have Hinduism where I live and the chances of being killed by a Hindu are negligible. By the way, I think Hinduism is also a disgusting religion, but not so much as Islam.

Fair enough - but I hope you read the link I sent you, demonstrating that there are indeed acts of Christian terrorism going on, at a substantial scale.

I personally don't think Hinduism, Islam or Christianity are disgusting religions. I have a lot of respect for the teachings of Christ.

Although seeing you think Hinduism is a disgusting religion as well as Islam is in a way useful as regards understanding your stance - are all non-Christian religions disgusting? For example, do you think Sikhism, Judaism, Jainism, Daoism and Buddhism are disgusting?

Crypto2015

Fair enough - but I hope you read the link I sent you, demonstrating that there are indeed acts of Christian terrorism going on, at a substantial scale.

I personally don't think Hinduism, Islam or Christianity are disgusting religions. I have a lot of respect for the teachings of Christ.

Although seeing you think Hinduism is a disgusting religion as well as Islam is in a way useful as regards understanding your stance - are all non-Christian religions disgusting? For example, do you think Sikhism, Judaism, Jainism, Daoism and Buddhism are disgusting?

I already addressed that. Take a look at the numbers. They make your position untenable. I do not find all non-Christian religions abhorrent. For example, I find Buddhism quite peaceful, although I know that Buddhism is not the way to salvation. Islam is disgusting because it promotes violence against non-Muslims, child sexual abuse, sex slavery, etc. Hinduism is a disgusting religion because it separates people into classes. The lower classes are destined to daily humiliation for life. Hinduism also prevents people from eating cows, even if both cows and humans are starving. Hinduism is detrimental to mankind. However, Hinduism is infinitely superior to Islam in all respects.

Altfish

Veteran Member
I already addressed that. Take a look at the numbers. They make your position untenable. I do not find all non-Christian religions abhorrent. For example, I find Buddhism quite peaceful, although I know that Buddhism is not the way to salvation. Islam is disgusting because it promotes violence against non-Muslims, child sexual abuse, sex slavery, etc. Hinduism is a disgusting religion because it separates people into classes. The lower classes are destined to daily humiliation for life. Hinduism also prevents people from eating cows, even if both cows and humans are starving. Hinduism is detrimental to mankind. However, Hinduism is infinitely superior to Islam in all respects.
Is it any wonder people are turning away from religion?

I don't think Christians can lecture anyone else on child sexual abuse - kettle, pot and black come to mind.

Kirran

Premium Member

Nevertheless, it doesn't pay to whitewash.

As for what you say about Hinduism: I thought that might be what you’d come across. I unreservedly am against the caste system. A great many Hindus are. Mahatma Gandhi, for example, was one of the most famous modern Hindus and he stood strongly against it. So did many religious teachers in the history of the Hindu traditions (Chaitanya, Ramanuja, Ramananda, Vivekananda, etc), and it is fortunately being eroded in India today. The caste system does linger, of course, but it does so amongst Muslims, Buddhists, Jews, Zoroastrians, Christians and Sikhs in India as well as Hindus. As for the cows – some Hindus eat beef, some do not. I think the vast majority of those who do not do so would think it acceptable to eat a cow if you would die otherwise. I would certainly take that stance.

EDIT: Also, I'm going to reiterate that every Muslim I know is against violence against non-Muslims, against slavery (sexual or no) and against child sexual abuse and child marriage.

Last edited:

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Just a correction in that the caste system is not designated by the Hindu scriptures but actually comes from an early cultural tradition. However, with that being said, there's no doubt that the religion historically did not counter it until relatively recently.

Kirran

Premium Member
Just a correction in that the caste system is not designated by the Hindu scriptures but actually comes from an early cultural tradition. However, with that being said, there's no doubt that the religion historically did not counter it until relatively recently.

Well some cultures following traditions we now call Hindu never featured it at all - it's such a mixed bag! Flexibility and acceptance of caste has been thoroughly variable.

Why does this not surprise me? :rolleyes:

Hey, if I thought Hinduism really was as they described, I'd think it was disgusting too!

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Well some cultures following traditions we now call Hindu never featured it at all - it's such a mixed bag! Flexibility and acceptance of caste has been thoroughly variable.
Absolutely, and even trying to define "Hinduism" is almost an impossible task.

Crypto2015

Is it any wonder people are turning away from religion?

I don't think Christians can lecture anyone else on child sexual abuse - kettle, pot and black come to mind.

Christian priests who sexually abuse children are condemned by the entire community of Christian believers. Furthermore, Jesus was not a pervert. Muhammad had sex with Aisha when Aisha was nine years old. Muslim imams that sexually abuse children are revered by the Islamic community. Just take a look at Ayatollah Khomeini's life.

Kirran

Premium Member
Christian priests who sexually abuse children are condemned by the entire community of Christian believers. Furthermore, Jesus was not a pervert. Muhammad had sex with Aisha when Aisha was nine years old. Muslim imams that sexually abuse children are revered by the Islamic community. Just take a look at Ayatollah Khomeini's life.

Not all Muslims accept that that is the case - scholarly opinion is divided. As I say, all Muslims I know unreservedly condemn sexual abuse of children.

Also 'the Muslim community' is not a thing.

Crypto2015

Not all Muslims accept that that is the case - scholarly opinion is divided. As I say, all Muslims I know unreservedly condemn sexual abuse of children.

Also 'the Muslim community' is not a thing.

On the basis of what do they condemn it? Muhammad had sex with a child and the Qur'an says that Muhammad is the perfect example of a human being. Hence, those Muslims that condemn child sex abuse do it not because of Islam, but in spite of Islam.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Christian priests who sexually abuse children are condemned by the entire community of Christian believers.
Yes, maybe, but only once the cover up by the various churches had been exposed. Have you seen the Oscar winning film Spotlight? It wasn't just priests doing the covering up.

Demonslayer

Christian priests who sexually abuse children are condemned by the entire community of Christian believers.

Really? How come the Pope won't release the names? How come people keep giving money to the church when they never, not to this very day, kicked out the scumbag priests who diddled little kids?

Christians pay that issue no mind whatsoever. They want to sweep it under the rug like the Church has done since it was discovered.

Crypto2015

Yes, maybe, but only once the cover up by the various churches had been exposed. Have you seen the Oscar winning film Spotlight? It wasn't just priests doing the covering up.

If the Christian community sees nothing wrong with sex abuse, where are all the Christians who support these child molesting priests? Do you see them beheading those who "slander" these priests by calling them what they are, child sex abusers? Why am I not supporting child sex abuse? Don't say that the reason is that I am a "Westerner" (whatever the hell a Westerner is), because if Jesus had been a child sex abuser, I swear to God that I would either not be a Christian or be perfectly OK with child sex abuse.

Crypto2015

Really? How come the Pope won't release the names? How come people keep giving money to the church when they never, not to this very day, kicked out the scumbag priests who diddled little kids?

Christians pay that issue no mind whatsoever. They want to sweep it under the rug like the Church has done since it was discovered.

See the reply above.

First Baseman

Retired athlete

Your screen name reminds me of Rush Hour, the gefilte fish joke. Hilarious!

Kirran

Premium Member
On the basis of what do they condemn it? Muhammad had sex with a child and the Qur'an says that Muhammad is the perfect example of a human being. Hence, those Muslims that condemn child sex abuse do it not because of Islam, but in spite of Islam.

A couple of main bases:

1) They do not accept the historicity of Muhammad having sex with a nine year old, they accept those hadiths which say she was a young adult in her late teens or higher.

2) They recognise it as having been normal at the time, but no longer being acceptable.

Crypto, given my clearing up your misconceptions about Hinduism, I think it would be nice for you to retract your 'disgusting religion' allegation.

Demonslayer

If the Christian community sees nothing wrong with sex abuse, where are all the Christians who support these child molesting priests?

Going to church every day and giving money and time to the organization that STILL to this day employ, pay and protect the dirtbag priests who like to diddle small children.