• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Building Bridges to the Unity of Humanity

Building bridges to the Unity of Humamity will require a plan?

• Total voters

TransmutingSoul

One Planet, One People, Please!
Premium Member
What you suggest seems more like a dishonest claim to know better than the rest of the world and that we are far too stupid and uneducated to make wise enough decisions to govern ourselves.
Firstly, the wisdom is not from me, but I can see the wisdom contained in that Message.

If we open our eyes and one see the result of such wise decisions, that educated and clever people have made to date, it is obvious the preferred path you have noted is how the world is currently functioning, it is defective is it not?

Regards Tony

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
The bigger picture for the universal language, apart from the bounty it assists us in embracing each other as one people on one planet, it will assist with ease of trade, financial transactions and diplomacy. Misunderstandings multiply when language is a barrier.

I agree and see more people will want to travel, millions will eventually undertake extended pilgrimages across many Holy sites.

Regards Tony
The only language that will work for a universal language is a sign language. That's my opinion. Spoken languages can never become universal in my opinion. They are however very good for people to learn. Learning languages is healthy. Having a single spoken language is unlikely to succeed.

TransmutingSoul

Premium Member
The only language that will work for a universal language is a sign language. That's my opinion. Spoken languages can never become universal in my opinion. They are however very good for people to learn. Learning languages is healthy. Having a single spoken language is unlikely to succeed.
I note your opinion, I offer the following, as when it happens, and if you are alive, you may consider this reply.

The only opinion I can offer, is that Baha'u'llah has predicted that the adoption of a Universal Auxiliary language will coincide with the comming of age of humanity, that it is an essential ingredient to unity, in fact it offers it is the cause of unity, thats a big consideration. This comes from the Kitab-i-Aqdas, the "Book of Laws", so it is a given requirement.

"..O members of parliaments throughout the world! Select ye a single language for the use of all on earth, and adopt ye likewise a common script. God, verily, maketh plain for you that which shall profit you and enable you to be independent of others. He, of a truth,
is the Most Bountiful, the All-Knowing, the All-Informed. This will be the cause of unity, could ye but comprehend it, and the greatest instrument for promoting harmony and civilization, would that ye might understand! We have appointed two signs for the coming of age of the human race: the first, which is the most firm foundation, We have set down in other of Our Tablets, while the second hath been revealed in this wondrous Book..."
Bahá’u’lláh, Kitab-i-Aqdas, #189

Regards Tony

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
"The Promissed Day is Come" contains a lot of this information

Search Cities in this document. Shoghi Effendi quotes Baha'u'llah often.

Regards Tony
Can you comment on how the lesser peace is not the final step and is lacking something. And that is the Baha'i Faith. Why give the World Tribunal so much power? Do Baha'is really think they will be fair and just in their decisions? And if you do, why should you? Here's some more Baha'i quotes on the lesser and greater peace.
With reference to the question you have asked concerning the time and means through which the Lesser and Most Great Peace, referred to by Bahá’u’lláh, will be established, following the coming World War:[4] Your view that the Lesser Peace will come about through the political efforts of the states and nations of the world, and independently of any direct Bahá’í plan or effort, and the Most Great Peace be established through the instrumentality of the believers, and by the direct operation of the laws and principles revealed by Bahá’u’lláh and the functioning of the Universal House of Justice as the supreme organ of the Bahá’í super-state—your view on this subject is quite correct and in full accord with the pronouncements of the Guardian as embodied in “The Unfoldment of World Civilization.”[5]
To bring this about, a Supreme Tribunal must be established, representative of all governments and peoples; questions both national and international must be referred thereto, and all must carry out the decrees of this Tribunal. Should any government or people disobey, let the whole world arise against that government or people.​
(Selections from the Writings of ‘Abdu’l-Bahá, [Rev. ed.] [Haifa: Bahá’í World Center, 1982], p. 249)​

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I note your opinion, I offer the following, as when it happens, and if you are alive, you may consider this reply.

The only opinion I can offer, is that Baha'u'llah has predicted that the adoption of a Universal Auxiliary language will coincide with the comming of age of humanity, that it is an essential ingredient to unity, in fact it offers it is the cause of unity, thats a big consideration. This comes from the Kitab-i-Aqdas, the "Book of Laws", so it is a given requirement.

"..O members of parliaments throughout the world! Select ye a single language for the use of all on earth, and adopt ye likewise a common script. God, verily, maketh plain for you that which shall profit you and enable you to be independent of others. He, of a truth,
is the Most Bountiful, the All-Knowing, the All-Informed. This will be the cause of unity, could ye but comprehend it, and the greatest instrument for promoting harmony and civilization, would that ye might understand! We have appointed two signs for the coming of age of the human race: the first, which is the most firm foundation, We have set down in other of Our Tablets, while the second hath been revealed in this wondrous Book..."
Bahá’u’lláh, Kitab-i-Aqdas, #189

Regards Tony
Do us all a favor when you are asked which language you prefer and pick a sign language.

It does not make a lot of sense to do this, but I will put forward a very lame biblical argument, too. You know that in the book Genesis the tongues of humanity are made by scrambling the initial common language. If they are so scrambled, then the only language suitable for a universal language must use fingers. What God has scrambled who can unscramble? To quote a proverb: "What is crooked cannot be straightened; what is lacking cannot be counted." Ecclesiasted 1:15 Therefore you Bahai's I advise to pick a sign language not a tongue language if you would further this mission of yours.

It is lame. I know that.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
If we open our eyes and one see the result of such wise decisions, that educated and clever people have made to date, it is obvious the preferred path you have noted is how the world is currently functioning, it is defective is it not?
And that's my question about the World Tribunal and any Supreme leader. These people are the same educated and clever people that have messed up everything. Like can you imagine who China, Russia, Iran and even the U.S. are going to send as representatives?

TransmutingSoul

Premium Member
Can you comment on how the lesser peace is not the final step and is lacking something. And that is the Baha'i Faith. Why give the World Tribunal so much power? Do Baha'is really think they will be fair and just in their decisions? And if you do, why should you? Here's some more Baha'i quotes on the lesser and greater peace.
I will have to get back to this CG, all work no play.

Think of it as a 2 part elixir, both needing to be taken for the required cure. The Lesser Peace is now only the first dose of the elixir. If the 2nd dose is not injected, the first part looses its effect and we revert back to the disease.

Regards Tony

ppp

Offer an opinion that starts with the assumption that Baha'u'llah is just another religious crank. That is for all practical purposes what you are dealing with in the world population
@Trailblazer what is the optimism that you are thinking you see here?

TransmutingSoul

Premium Member
Do us all a favor when you are asked which language you prefer and pick a sign language.

It does not make a lot of sense to do this, but I will put forward a very lame biblical argument, too. You know that in the book Genesis the tongues of humanity are made by scrambling the initial common language. If they are so scrambled, then the only language suitable for a universal language must use fingers. What God has scrambled who can unscramble? To quote a proverb: "What is crooked cannot be straightened; what is lacking cannot be counted." Ecclesiasted 1:15 Therefore you Bahai's I advise to pick a sign language not a tongue language if you would further this mission of yours.

It is lame. I know that.
It will not be the Baha'i doing this. We will embrace what is chosen by the elected representatives of the world federation, who will most likely commission its implementation.

At one time Esperanto was encouraged, most likely because of its importance in relation to the peace process, many Baha'i pursued that language, but I do not see it will be what is chosen. It could be that an adopted, or new world language, would also include signing.

Regards Tony

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
We will embrace what is chosen by the elected representatives of the world federation,
We can even "embrace" what are leaders here in the U.S. tell us. We have citizens from all over the world and are way to divided to be happy with any of our leaders.

Now it's one thing to let these "representatives" of every messed up nation on the planet to send their messed up people to decide on a language, but these people are going to spearhead the disarmament of the nations? Lots of luck with that. Again, are you sure God has thought this through?

I case you forgot. We here in the U.S. can't even get people to give up their assault rifles. And if the government tried to force them to give them up, I'm pretty sure there will be some bloodshed. But hey, maybe disarming all the nations of missiles, battleships, jet fighters and tanks will be easier.

TransmutingSoul

Premium Member
We can even "embrace" what are leaders here in the U.S. tell us. We have citizens from all over the world and are way to divided to be happy with any of our leaders.

Now it's one thing to let these "representatives" of every messed up nation on the planet to send their messed up people to decide on a language, but these people are going to spearhead the disarmament of the nations? Lots of luck with that. Again, are you sure God has thought this through?

I case you forgot. We here in the U.S. can't even get people to give up their assault rifles. And if the government tried to force them to give them up, I'm pretty sure there will be some bloodshed. But hey, maybe disarming all the nations of missiles, battleships, jet fighters and tanks will be easier.
I see America will not escape the bombardments of war this time. This needs to be considered when one considers the decadence of much of American liberty, the feeding of self interests.

When war comes home, people attitudes will change, whan great disaster hits, those that survive change, as they really have no choice, work together or perish.

We all need luck CG, quite a few will not make it through to the Lesser Peace, who knows what missiles are pointed at what targets, but to live near a military target of any description, would not be safe.

Other option, urgently help spread the need for a world federation of Nations that has the power granted to enforce international law, that is most likely way to late.

You all have to get through the next couple of months! I am seeing the fabric of American ideals is being violently torn apart.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Premium Member
And that's my question about the World Tribunal and any Supreme leader. These people are the same educated and clever people that have messed up everything. Like can you imagine who China, Russia, Iran and even the U.S. are going to send as representatives?
They will not be the same CG, they will have to be elected representatives to that federation from each Nation. My guess is people will be electing people that have shown a great history of contributing to world peace, not those that dominate it by the use of weapons.

Time is not on our side, but time will tell.

Regards Tony

Sumadji

Reading this statement, I see enforced coercions in smaller territories less able to resist the efforts being implemented as a vehicle to bridge the nations. I don't find this acceptable. Case in point, Ukraine and the ongoing threat to global stability via military movement into other territories. We have Nato, we have the European union, we have the growing support for Russia, we have Israel and Palestine, Iran, Yemen, etc. These conflicts are all initiated via militant action of those who hold a similar concept of establishing power and control. The global threat is real and is expected to increase.
This is the problem of deciding who is the aggressor? These conflicts go back for generations. There's the issue of Ukraine applying to join NATO as the trigger for Russian aggression. And of course the Middle East conflicts cannot easily be sorted into simple aggressor vs defender boxes. Who is to decide?

Balthazzar

N. Germanic Descent
Firstly, the wisdom is not from me, but I can see the wisdom contained in that Message.

Regards Tony

It's slow and daunting, but the alternative equates to something much less desirable for most of us. It looks like wars coming anyway. I just wouldn't expect many to be on board with any type of theocracy as a governing power over the many. Looking back throughout history, I question why this is still pursued. I shouldn't but I do. It's about the power and ability to have greater control over the land masses. If it's not operating via democratic process, it's being forced via dictator established by??? Don't get me wrong, I appreciate many of Bahaullah's teachings. I favor many of the Bahai faith. I don't find a theocracy of any type worth forcing. I do think cooperation and education is needed to effectively govern any territory or people. I prefer having a voice. I stand on the 1st, shudder at the thought of needing to resort to the second and I am a little disgruntled over the efforts made to jeopardize our ability to self-govern ourselves. Money talks though .... and times are tough, so we find ourselves at the mercy of those able to buy our freedoms from us, or rather at the mercy of those most eager to sell out. Otherwise, we expedite the inevitable, which is being illustrated in places like the Ukraine and Gaza strip. I'm not at all eager to take up arms against anyone, but I don't know that we can avoid that which has been active for a couple decades now. They are not just rumors. I prefer diplomacy, but who's truly listening to reason anymore? It's more like a two step spin round and round have a seat and get back up again musical display between powers. It's not even entertaining. It's just real.

Unity and cooperation? Yeah sure, it sounds great, but like I stated, the devil is in the details and the details are never so clear that anyone with any sense of foresight would simply agree with. It's on the table now, though. We can discuss it further, or not. I'm a citizen, I'm a Christian, I'm not in favor of a theocracy. Our secular stance helps ensure our freedoms to be what we are. Like I stated. I like having a voice.

Balthazzar

N. Germanic Descent
This is the problem of deciding who is the aggressor? These conflicts go back for generations. There's the issue of Ukraine applying to join NATO as the trigger for Russian aggression. And of course the Middle East conflicts cannot easily be sorted into simple aggressor vs defender boxes. Who is to decide?

Sometimes the fighting starts and that's that. I'm not responsible for the negotiations and I am aware of the long-standing hostilities, Israel and the US have been subject to this hostility for as long as I remember. At 5 years old I remember footage from Iranian protestors. 5 decades later, the hostilities are still front and center. What can I do? "Don't start anything and there won't be an issue". Decent way to live in my opinion. It simply doesn't always work out peacefully. Although, that is the aim. That and a fair sense of justice, which war seldom offers anyone.

TransmutingSoul

Premium Member
The world decided in 2022

"On 2 March, the UN General Assembly adopted — by an overwhelming majority of 141 against 5 — a resolution rejecting the Russian Federation's brutal invasion of Ukraine and demanding that Russia immediately withdraw its forces and abide by international law"

The issue was that the UN has not been given the power to enact international law.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Premium Member
I just wouldn't expect many to be on board with any type of theocracy as a governing power over the many.
That is an issue, a theocracy is not being promoted nor was it intended.

The system proposed for the Lesser Peace is not a theocracy.

It is democratically elected people from and representing all Nations. Nations that are a minority will have a larger delegated representation.

Thus you approach has been from a misunderstanding.

Regards Tony