• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

By the way -- if you claim to be a Christian...

jimb

Premium Member
However it works, I doubt mind, body and soul is each 1/3 of the whole and equal to the others. But if you think so, that's what you believe. Each godperson is 1/3 of the whole. So now I guess you must think 1/3 = 1? Since God is one, not three or 1/3 of 3. Ah well, have a good time..maybe we can talk about this later. Like when Jesus said the Father is GREATER than he is. Not equal.
So you doubt it. So what? Your opinion doesn't equate with fact, it is just your opinion. 1/3 + 1/3 + 1/3 =1

It is my opinion that you do not understand the concept of the Trinity. If you did, you would not say that you doubt that mind, body and soul is each 1/3 of the whole and equal to the others, which is exactly what I and many others believe.

Finally...

"But if I do them, even though you do not believe me, believe the works, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father.” John 10:38

"Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the works themselves." John 14:9-11

So, is Jesus mistaken or do you lack understanding?

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
OK, so maybe you'd like to be more explicit. Your mouth is part of your body, isn't it? Do you believe that your body is 1/3 of you?
You said you believe that, I think, but I never did say yes or no. And I don't intend to do so, because I simply do not know. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't, maybe it is sometimes, maybe not. I have no idea.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
You said you believe that, I think, but I never did say yes or no. And I don't intend to do so, because I simply do not know. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't, maybe it is sometimes, maybe not. I have no idea.
OK, OTOH the other poster claims each godperson is 1/3 of God, so I guess you don't have an opinion about that, maybe. Meaning whether you have 3 parts each equal to the other, body,mind, and soul. No problem, as the saying goes. :)

YoursTrue

No, I did not say that I believe that I or anyone else consists of 3 equal parts -- :)

YoursTrue

So you doubt it. So what? Your opinion doesn't equate with fact, it is just your opinion. 1/3 + 1/3 + 1/3 =1

It is my opinion that you do not understand the concept of the Trinity. If you did, you would not say that you doubt that mind, body and soul is each 1/3 of the whole and equal to the others, which is exactly what I and many others believe.

Finally...

"But if I do them, even though you do not believe me, believe the works, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father.” John 10:38

"Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the works themselves." John 14:9-11

Look, if you believe that God consists of 3 godpersons, each comprising 1/3 of God, and each (god)person is equal to the other two -- that's your belief. It is not substantiated in the Bible.

YoursTrue

Finally...

So you believe body is 1/3 of you, your mind is 1/3 of you, and your soul is 1/3 of you. Are they equal? Oh, never mind, just try to explain...:)

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
No, I did not say that I believe that I or anyone else consists of 3 equal parts -- :)
Oh, I'm sorry - when you said this:
"Ask @jimb he seems to know his the body is 1/3 of him and you and me I guess."
I thought you were saying that you'd changed your mind and that you did think your body was 1/3 of you. My bad.
Anyway, my original question still stands - How do you know what percentage they each form of you? I really want to know.

That’s not my take-away from the verse you refer to…

To me, it says that if you do things half heartedly and doubt that you should do them at all, perhaps you should not do them?

It’s about living attentively and true to your faith but it’s not about “unbelief” in general being a sin, is it? That would be strange, I think.

Humbly,
Hermit
If you already doubt that God is real you are already condemned. That is what Romans 14:23 means. You have to have Faith in God to believe in God. If you don't then you are already condemned. When you read verses, you need to read the one before and after to understand the whole meaning.

If you already doubt that God is real you are already condemned. That is what Romans 14:23 means. You have to have Faith in God to believe in God. If you don't then you are already condemned. When you read verses, you need to read the one before and after to understand the whole meaning.
Romans 14:22 hast thou Faith have it to thyself before God; Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth. 23 But if he has doubts, he is already condemned if he eats, because he does not eat out of Faith. Indeed everything that is not of Faith is Sin.

What do you mean by illustrations? As far as I know, the only requirement to be a Christian is to follow Jesus. Learning what the Bible says is not a requirement. I don't know anywhere in scripture it makes that a condition of being a Christian. Do you? If so, I'm sure a lot of Christians would be in a lot of trouble, considering how little they actually know what it says. ;)
Learning what the bible says is following Christ and the Father. You cannot follow someone if you do not have direction in which way the want you to follow them. The bible is our direction to following Christ. We have to understand how God wants us to live for his Standards not the worlds. There are a lot of people that call themselves Christians, but very very few know what being a true Christian means. The Bible was written so we had true direction in life to follow. Very few follow the word of God even those who say they are Christians. Very few will be saved. Only them that Obey God and have true Faith in God will be saved.

When you have total knowledge of the Bible as I do then you will not lose your direction in following Christ. When you use the knowledge you learn from the bible your life changes and you feel happy and feel the power of God. Your faith in God grows and no one will take it away.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
Look, if you believe that God consists of 3 godpersons, each comprising 1/3 of God, and each (god)person is equal to the other two -- that's your belief. It is not substantiated in the Bible.

Some Christians believe that the trinity is substantiated in the Bible, whereas others don't. I see this as yet another example of just how divided Christians are on their preferred interpretations of the Bible. As I previously stated, I believe that the trinity doctrine was copied and adapted from paganism.

First article: Pagan Roots of the Trinity Doctrine

Second article: How Ancient Trinitarian Gods Influenced Adoption of the Trinity

Betho_br

Which parts do you consider true? Please be specific.
Matthew 1:1 New International Version

This is the genealogy of Jesus the Messiah the son of David, the son of Abraham.

Messiah (Christ in Greek)

The verse Matthew 1:1 establishes the beginning of the Gospel of Matthew and is very significant for Jews due to its connections with Jewish history and theology.

Mount Moriah and the Sacrifice of Isaac:

• Genesis 22:2: "Then God said, 'Take your son, your only son, Isaac, whom you love, and go to the region of Moriah. Sacrifice him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains I will tell you about.'"
Mount Moriah as the location of Solomon's Temple:

• 2 Chronicles 3:1: "Then Solomon began to build the temple of the Lord in Jerusalem on Mount Moriah, where the Lord had appeared to his father David. It was on the threshing floor of Araunah the Jebusite, the place provided by David."
David, as recorded in 2 Samuel 7, desired to build a temple for God, but it was his son Solomon who finally built it (1 Kings 6). Solomon's Temple became the center of Jewish worship in Jerusalem. Matthew 1:1 serves as a theological and genealogical starting point for Jews, connecting Jesus not only to the history of Israel and the messianic promise to the great King David (Matthew 5:35) but also reinforcing his identity as an interpretation of the fulfillment of Old Testament prophecies. This represents true Christianity, which is neither the majority, the most popular, the oldest, nor the most current, but scientific, rational, and, in the worst case, the most probabilistic.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

By the way -- if you claim to be a Christian...

I am not a Pauline-Christians, the same way (Jesus)Yeshua- the truthful Israelite Messiah was never a Christian, right, please?

Regards

"What religion was Jesus?
Of course, Jesus was a Jew. He was born of a Jewish mother, in Galilee, a Jewish part of the world. All of his friends, associates, colleagues, disciples, all of them were Jews. He regularly worshipped in Jewish communal worship, what we call synagogues."

YoursTrue

Some Christians believe that the trinity is substantiated in the Bible, whereas others don't. I see this as yet another example of just how divided Christians are on their preferred interpretations of the Bible. As I previously stated, I believe that the trinity doctrine was copied and adapted from paganism.

First article: Pagan Roots of the Trinity Doctrine

Second article: How Ancient Trinitarian Gods Influenced Adoption of the Trinity
I'm simply asking those who say that God is 1/3 Jesus, 1/3 the Father and 1/3 Holy Spirit, what happened to the idea-comparison of body/mind/soul when Jesus died if he was 1/3 of God? And yes, I agree there are factions, serious ones, among those who say they are Christian. Or who believe they are Christian. Serious divides in more ways than one.

Lisa Sims

Not BORN AGAIN Yet, But I'm On My WAY!
OK, well, allow me to say that there have been many who may go to church and claim a religion that purports to be Christian but say major portions of it are myths, such as: Moses in the wilderness. Any thoughts on that or other sections? I really don't know your beliefs, whether you say you are a Christian or some other religion. So since the theme of the thread is if you are a Christian -- not that I'm opposed to others answering, but mainly it's directed to those who say they are Christian.
I'm a Christian but I believe Jesus' Second Coming Messages (i.e. The Padgett Messages, 1914 to present) are more perfect that the New Testament. The New Testament was reworked and expanded by the priests under Constantine and it is now a mashup of theological theories much of which appealed to the Roman pagans of that day. Jesus was 100% human and came to teach the way to the Kingdom of God through the re-birth. He taught moral precepts, too, because he knew few would understand the re-birth. The rebirth in a nutshell is this: God is Love, and His Love is something we can pray for everyday, and it will flow into us and transform us and make us One with Him.

jimb

Premium Member
I'm simply asking those who say that God is 1/3 Jesus, 1/3 the Father and 1/3 Holy Spirit, what happened to the idea-comparison of body/mind/soul when Jesus died if he was 1/3 of God? And yes, I agree there are factions, serious ones, among those who say they are Christian. Or who believe they are Christian. Serious divides in more ways than one.
The Bible clearly states that Jesus was a human being when He died. He gave up His status as 1/3 of the Godhead and, as a human, was sacrificed to pay the required penalty for all sin, then was resurrected three days later and His status as 1/3 of the Godhead was restored.

YoursTrue

The Bible clearly states that Jesus was a human being when He died. He gave up His status as 1/3 of the Godhead and, as a human, was sacrificed to pay the required penalty for all sin, then was resurrected three days later and His status as 1/3 of the Godhead was restored.
So was he or wasn't he always 1/3 of God?