• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

By the way -- if you claim to be a Christian...

River Sea

The Bible records an event where people used magic in direct opposition to God, @ Exodus 7:10-13…
“So Moses and Aaron went to Pharaoh and did just as the Lordcommanded. Aaron threw his staff down in front of Pharaoh and his officials, and it became a snake.11 Pharaoh then summoned wise men and sorcerers, and the Egyptian magicians also did the same things by their secret arts: 12 Each one threw down his staff and it became a snake. But Aaron’s staff swallowed up their staffs. 13 Yet Pharaoh’s heart became hard and he would not listen to them, just as the Lord had said.”

@Bharat Jhunjhunwala who is Aaron similar too in Indus Valley?

Amram was Moses father, and Izhar was Amram's brother? Who's similar to Izhar in Indus Valley?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Where did this power to oppose God’s purpose, come from?

The same forces that have misled humans for millennia, through false religious practices & teachings, sorcery, witchcraft, & consulting the dead.
I think the power to oppose God's purpose comes from the Bible, by which millions of people have been misled.
Granted, the Bible offers spiritual guidance, but sadly, that is not what people have used it for.
They have used it to create false beliefs and false doctrines, in opposition to God's purpose.
I guess the reality of all this will be revealed during the future Resurrection….
According to my beliefs and definition of resurrection, the Resurrection has already occurred.
It began when the Christ spirit returned and God was manifested in Baha'u'llah. The return of Christ was the Great Resurrection.

"According to the Bahá’í teaching the Resurrection has nothing to do with the gross physical body. That body, once dead, is done with. It becomes decomposed and its atoms will never be recomposed into the same body.

Resurrection is the birth of the individual to spiritual life, through the gift of the Holy Spirit bestowed through the Manifestation of God. The grave from which he arises is the grave of ignorance and negligence of God. The sleep from which he awakens is the dormant spiritual condition in which many await the dawn of the Day of God. This dawn illumines all who have lived on the face of the earth, whether they are in the body or out of the body, but those who are spiritually blind cannot perceive it. The Day of Resurrection is not a day of twenty-four hours, but an era which has now begun and will last as long as the present world cycle continues. It will continue when all traces of the present civilization will have been wiped off the surface of the globe.”

jimb

Premium Member
Some people in this thread appear to be under the impression that I care about what they think of my mediumship. It appears they are either unaware of what I've already said on this subject, have forgotten it, or are deliberately ignoring it. Therefore, I thought it necessary to reiterate my previous statements about this dilemma in order to make it abundantly clear that it makes no difference to me what others think of my mediumship, my years of experience as a medium and seasoned paranormal investigator, or my beliefs as a spiritualist, Wiccan, and Druid. I will further explain why it makes no difference to me.

First, I am not responsible, either directly or indirectly, to convince others that my mediumship and my lifelong experiences with it are real. It is also not my responsibility to convince others that the paranormal is real (e.g., ghosts, hauntings, crytids, and UFOs). Second, I mean no offense when I say this, but it doesn't matter to me if some people choose not to believe that my personal experiences as a medium are real or that the paranormal in general is real.

It doesn't matter to me, because their skepticism doesn't negate my lifelong experiences with encountering spirits. The fact is, other genuine mediums, people I've given readings to, and other paranormal investigators who have recorded some of my interactions with spirits have validated my experiences as a medium (for a more detailed explanation, see my previous post here). Therefore, I have no interest in debating the paranormal or convincing others that it is real. I've never once tried to persuade any skeptics that I converse with online or in person to believe in the paranormal, and I don't intend to start now. I just let it happen naturally. Third, no amount of preaching by Christians quoting a few scriptures and stating their religious beliefs about spirits, or the continued efforts to lecture me or others, will ever convince me that the earthbound human spirits with whom I interact and communicate are demons.

I no longer believe in such things (as I explained in my previous post here). Furthermore, I'd like to make it abundantly clear that any Christian (no matter their church affiliation) will never convince me that their church's doctrines and its interpretation of the Bible regarding the afterlife are absolutely correct. I've read the Bible cover to cover and studied it many times, so I am well versed in it. As a result, I believe that its depictions of the afterlife are not only inaccurate and misleading, but that the Bible is also chock full of contradictions, and that the stories about Jesus are either based on hearsay, embellished tales, or copied and adapted from Greek mythology and other ancient pagan religions that predate both the Bible and Christianity. Finally, I've stated in numerous other threads that I don't share my lifelong experiences in an attempt to persuade others to believe in the paranormal. As far as I'm concerned, it's entirely up to those who read my posts to decide whether they believe me or not. So, I've made my peace on this matter, and I'm not going to repeat myself or debate with anyone about what I've written in this post. If others disagree with what I've said in this post, then it's their personal issue, not mine.
If it makes no difference to you what others think of your mediumship, your years of experience as a medium and seasoned paranormal investigator, or your beliefs as a spiritualist, Wiccan, and Druid, why the lengthy response? With all your years of experience, apparently it does make a difference.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you believe that the Bible's depictions of the afterlife are not only inaccurate and misleading, but that it is also chock full of contradictions, and that the stories about Jesus are either based on hearsay, embellished tales, or copied and adapted from Greek mythology and other ancient pagan religions that predate both the Bible and Christianity, how about some evidence? Otherwise, it's just your personal opinion. IOW, who cares?

BTW, anyone can "toot their own horn", including people who are clearly insane.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
I think the power to oppose God's purpose comes from the Bible, by which millions of people have been misled.
Granted, the Bible offers spiritual guidance, but sadly, that is not what people have used it for.
They have used it to create false beliefs and false doctrines, in opposition to God's purpose.

Southern Christians once used the Bible to justify atrocities like slavery. Christians have also used the Bible to support contradictory beliefs, like conditional salvation versus unconditional salvation. To be honest, I don't see why we should accept any of their personal interpretations of the Bible as "gospel truth."

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
If you believe that the Bible's depictions of the afterlife are not only inaccurate and misleading, but that it is also chock full of contradictions, and that the stories about Jesus are either based on hearsay, embellished tales, or copied and adapted from Greek mythology and other ancient pagan religions that predate both the Bible and Christianity, how about some evidence? Otherwise, it's just your personal opinion. IOW, who cares?
If you believe that the Bible's depictions of the afterlife are accurate and not chock full of contradictions, and that the stories about Jesus are not based on hearsay, embellished tales, or copied and adapted from Greek mythology and other ancient pagan religions that predate both the Bible and Christianity, how about some evidence? Otherwise, it's just your personal opinion.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Preaching and proselytizing are likewise prohibited, as is stating personal opinions as a matter of definitive fact (Rule 8).
Somehow I notice that rule doesn't apply to argument about evolution. Insults fly especially from evolutionists to those not accepting the theory. Of evolution. I rephrase. Sorry. Not all those believing without doubt in the theory of evolution insult those who do not.

Last edited:

YoursTrue

Southern Christians once used the Bible to justify atrocities like slavery. Christians have also used the Bible to support contradictory beliefs, like conditional salvation versus unconditional salvation. To be honest, I don't see why we should accept any of their personal interpretations of the Bible as "gospel truth."
I agree but...Interpretations change as time goes on, and you know what, they do with scientists as well. But as time marches on some religious views change.

YoursTrue

According to my beliefs and definition of resurrection, the Resurrection has already occurred.
It began when the Christ spirit returned and God was manifested in Baha'u'llah. The return of Christ was the Great Resurrection.

"According to the Bahá’í teaching the Resurrection has nothing to do with the gross physical body. That body, once dead, is done with. It becomes decomposed and its atoms will never be recomposed into the same body.

Resurrection is the birth of the individual to spiritual life, through the gift of the Holy Spirit bestowed through the Manifestation of God. The grave from which he arises is the grave of ignorance and negligence of God. The sleep from which he awakens is the dormant spiritual condition in which many await the dawn of the Day of God. This dawn illumines all who have lived on the face of the earth, whether they are in the body or out of the body, but those who are spiritually blind cannot perceive it. The Day of Resurrection is not a day of twenty-four hours, but an era which has now begun and will last as long as the present world cycle continues. It will continue when all traces of the present civilization will have been wiped off the surface of the globe.”
Since God is greater than anyone, He is the corrector and judge as He sees fit.

River Sea

That's horrible that people used the Bible to justify atrocities like slavery?

How come these southern Christians did that for?

Are there anyone who was a slave who ever figured this out and not allowed this bible to be used this way? If so, did this person ever write about this so others will know?

walt

Jesus is King & Mighty God Isa.9:6-7; Lk.1:32-33
That's horrible that people used the Bible to justify atrocities like slavery?

How come these southern Christians did that for?

Are there anyone who was a slave who ever figured this out and not allowed this bible to be used this way? If so, did this person ever write about this so others will know?
I agree with you, many bad things have been done in the name of the Bible. for over a thousand years people were burned at the stake, for doing things the church did not approve of, William Tyndale was the first person to translate the Bible into English and he was burned at the stake.

The so-called witches in Salem we're all burned at the stake because they thought the Bible directed them to do these things, but there is also two numerous to count them, examples of people around the world doing wonderfully good things for others in the name of the Bible! :sparklingheart:

River Sea

I agree with you, many bad things have been done in the name of the Bible. for over a thousand years people were burned at the stake, for doing things the church did not approve of, William Tyndale was the first person to translate the Bible into English and he was burned at the stake.

The so-called witches in Salem we're all burned at the stake because they thought the Bible directed them to do these things, but there is also two numerous to count them, examples of people around the world doing wonderfully good things for others in the name of the Bible

@walt I never heard of William Tyndale was the first person to translate the Bible to English and he was burned at the stake, @Bharat Jhunjhunwala have you ever heard of William Tyndale before?

This is horrible. How come people are so mean and burn people at the stake?

Last edited:

YoursTrue

The OP: "By the way -- if you claim to be a Christian..."

This makes as much sense to me as saying "By the way -- if you claim to be a human...". In other words, it's an absurd statement.

I AM a Christian. I don't "claim" to be one.
Many will say Lord, Lord but Jesus said he never knew them. How are you a Christian?

YoursTrue

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Since God is greater than anyone, He is the corrector and judge as He sees fit.
That is correct, but how does that apply to what I said about the Bible and resurrection?

God did not use the Bible to correct anything. According to my beliefs, God corrected what people believe the Bible means with the Revelation of Baha'u'llah.

YoursTrue

That is correct, but how does that apply to what I said about the Bible and resurrection?

God did not use the Bible to correct anything. According to my beliefs, God corrected what people believe the Bible means with the Revelation of Baha'u'llah.
I encourage you to pray for understanding. Take care.

walt

Jesus is King & Mighty God Isa.9:6-7; Lk.1:32-33

YoursTrue

This link you posted mentions William Tyndall being burned at the stake.

google this: Why was William Tyndale burned at the stake? or Why were the witches burned at the stake in Salem? You should find some answers..
Yes, even to think about what happened to William Tyndale makes my heart hurt, Walt. His attitude was so good, though.