• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

By the way -- if you claim to be a Christian...

exchemist

Veteran Member
So far humans do not biologically interbreed with anything other than, you guessed it!!
Which, as you know perfectly well by now, is utterly irrelevant to your rejection of biology, physics, earth sciences and astronomy.

Full marks, though for yet more faux-stupid disingenuousness.

Suggest you move on to the "have a nice day" gambit. :cool:

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Which, as you know perfectly well by now, is utterly irrelevant to your rejection of biology, physics, earth sciences and astronomy.

Full marks, though for yet more faux-stupid disingenuousness.

Suggest you move on to the "have a nice day" gambit. :cool:
I do hope you have a nice day. The simple fact that humans do not interbreed with fish or gorillas ought to tell you something. But naturally all you will do is put me down. Yeah well have a nice day.

YoursTrue

Reread what I said. I'm pointing out you are rejecting these disciplines.
Disciples? You are right at last. I do not accept those rules or guidelines you promote as a basis for forming organisms. Yes, have a good one!

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
You are conflating history and myth again. And it appears that you did not read your Wiki article that you linked. Do you want to go over what it says about human sacrifice in the Near East.
I’m not blending anything… except facts.

If you prefer to misunderstand the Scriptures, I can’t help you.

You, along with many others, seem to love to accuse the ancient Jewish Biblical writers of disingenuousness and prophetic lying. That’s on y’all.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I’m not blending anything… except facts.

If you prefer to misunderstand the Scriptures, I can’t help you.

You, along with many others, seem to love to accuse the ancient Jewish Biblical writers of disingenuousness and prophetic lying. That’s on y’all.
Oh my. You cannot understand the scriptures because you make the mistake of thinking that they represent reality.

DNB

Christian
Which parts do you consider true? Please be specific.
That the entire universe and all that exists within it, was created for him. God wanted a son, and for his son he created a family. But, chronologically speaking, the family came first.
As man fell into sin, especially once the Law was instituted, God 'sent' his son into world to, first, condemn humanity for their sins by his perfect obedience to the Law, and consequently to redeem them, as he became the final Yom Kippur which abrogated the Law of Moses for all mankind.
Christ is the Messiah, and there is no other way to the God the Father or salvation, but by acceptance of Jesus Christ as lord and saviour.

Elihoenai

What always got me, is how could child sacrifice get to be, for lack of a better word, so popular in some Canaanite (etc) cultures: Phoenician, Ammonite, Carthaginian?

There must have been some kind of genuine drastic fear instilled in parents to get them to engage in such a horrid practice!
Jeremiah 7:30-31

30 For the children of Judah have done evil in my sight, saith the Lord: they have set their abominations in the house which is called by my name, to pollute it.

31 And they have built the high places of Tophet, which is in the valley of the son of Hinnom, to burn their sons and their daughters in the fire; which I commanded them not, neither came it into my heart.

Child Sacrifice is Practiced Openly and Secretly as a Devout Religious Rite/Offering For Devil/Satan. Practiced Openly with Abortions and Secretly by Inverted Cross Practitioners in Secret Societies. Child Sacrifice is a Religious Practice in every country in the World and Demonstrates Real Greater Devotion/Commitment to Satan/Devil.

Child sacrifice

Child sacrifice is the ritualistic killing of children in order to please or appease a deity, supernatural beings, or sacred social order, tribal, group or national loyalties in order to achieve a desired result. As such, it is a form of human sacrifice. Child sacrifice is thought to be an extreme extension of the idea that the more important the object of sacrifice, the more devout the person rendering it.[1]

The practice of child sacrifice in Europe and the Near East appears to have ended as a part of the religious transformations of late antiquity.[2]

Abortion

Overview

Around 73 million induced abortions take place worldwide each year. Six out of 10 (61%) of all unintended pregnancies, and 3 out of 10 (29%) of all pregnancies, end in induced abortion (1).

Parents advisory: Foul language in second video

The Omen (1976) Location - Fulham Palace Gardens, London

Living In Bondage Breaking Free; Official Trailer.

Last edited:

YoursTrue

Jeremiah 7:30-31

30 For the children of Judah have done evil in my sight, saith the Lord: they have set their abominations in the house which is called by my name, to pollute it.

31 And they have built the high places of Tophet, which is in the valley of the son of Hinnom, to burn their sons and their daughters in the fire; which I commanded them not, neither came it into my heart.

Child Sacrifice is Practiced Openly and Secretly as a Devout Religious Rite/Offering For Devil/Satan. Practiced Openly with Abortions and Secretly by Inverted Cross Practitioners in Secret Societies. Child Sacrifice is a Religious Practice in every country in the World and Demonstrates Real Greater Devotion/Commitment to Satan/Devil.

Child sacrifice

Child sacrifice is the ritualistic killing of children in order to please or appease a deity, supernatural beings, or sacred social order, tribal, group or national loyalties in order to achieve a desired result. As such, it is a form of human sacrifice. Child sacrifice is thought to be an extreme extension of the idea that the more important the object of sacrifice, the more devout the person rendering it.[1]

The practice of child sacrifice in Europe and the Near East appears to have ended as a part of the religious transformations of late antiquity.[2]

Abortion

Overview

Around 73 million induced abortions take place worldwide each year. Six out of 10 (61%) of all unintended pregnancies, and 3 out of 10 (29%) of all pregnancies, end in induced abortion (1).

Parents advisory: Foul language in second video

The Omen (1976) Location - Fulham Palace Gardens, London

Living In Bondage Breaking Free; Official Trailer.
That is an interesting question, which leads me to believe that there was some form of reasoning behind the practice. Can't figure out now what exactly it was, but I'm assuming there was some kind of reasoning behind the awful practice. People usually don't engage in horrible practices or conjured up beliefs unless they are demented, which they might have been, and/or considering some form of worship.
Plus it seems that the Almighty God, although He thought it was horrible that the Israelites practiced this, He did not miraculously step in to stop it, but it continued for a while.

Elihoenai

That is an interesting question, which leads me to believe that there was some form of reasoning behind the practice. Can't figure out now what exactly it was, but I'm assuming there was some kind of reasoning behind the awful practice. People usually don't engage in horrible practices or conjured up beliefs unless they are demented, which they might have been, and/or considering some form of worship.
Plus it seems that the Almighty God, although He thought it was horrible that the Israelites practiced this, He did not miraculously step in to stop it, but it continued for a while.
Isaiah 45:7

7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

It's Called Satanic Rebellion Against Elohim/God. The More Committed/Devout the Devil/Satan Worshipper the More Extreme the Religious Practice.

Elohim/God has given Man Freedom of Choice to Serve the Good or the Evil Side/Satanic of Elohim/God. Israelites like Gentiles have Freedom of Choice to Practice Evil Child Sacrifice. The Evil Side of Elohim/God is Devil/Satan.

YoursTrue

7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

It's Called Satanic Rebellion Against Elohim/God. The More Committed/Devout the Devil/Satan Worshipper the More Extreme the Religious Practice.

Elohim/God has given Man Freedom of Choice to Serve the Good or the Evil Side/Satanic of Elohim/God. Israelites like Gentiles have Freedom of Choice to Practice Evil Child Sacrifice. The Evil Side of Elohim/God is Devil/Satan.
If there were no God there would be no life. God gave Adam and Eve a choice. If they chose to decide for themselves as if they were equal to their creator, which they did, they would not receive guidance from God as to what would be good or bad (evil). So God knew what constitutes evil. It is a manner of understanding.

It is unlawful to reject or to refuse to believe any truth revealed by God and taught by holy mother church!

Faith is not an emotion;

Faith is an intellectual ascent to a truth revealed by God and taught by the one true church founded by Christ on Peter Matt 16:18 and the apostles Matt 18:18 Matt 28:19 Jn 20:21 eph 2:20
Thanks

YoursTrue

Jehovah knows what is evil. He is God. Since He is God He knows what is evil. He gave Adam and Eve the ability to do only good but they refused. He does not have an evil side.but He knows what is evil. If He did not know what constitutes evil He would not be God.

YoursTrue

It is unlawful to reject or to refuse to believe any truth revealed by God and taught by holy mother church!

Faith is not an emotion;

Faith is an intellectual ascent to a truth revealed by God and taught by the one true church founded by Christ on Peter Matt 16:18 and the apostles Matt 18:18 Matt 28:19 Jn 20:21 eph 2:20
Thanks
I agree that faith is a choice. That is a good point. Eve chose not to have faith in the One who gave her life. She made a conscious choice, even though she was deceived. Adam also made a choice.

YoursTrue

Reread what I said. I'm pointing out you are rejecting these disciplines.
I am saying that to conjecture how the universe was formed without the guidance of an intelligent force is rejecting reality. Because...(1) the posits can be wrong, and (2) they are conjecture,i.e., the scientists who claim these things can be wrong and are making things up as to how it happened, and (3) they leave out the possibility of a superior intelligence.

Mark Charles Compton

Pineal Peruser
Which parts do you consider true? Please be specific.
There is truth to be found within all of it, in my opinion. It is by and largely allegorical, made more substantial through use of a nonfictional setting. 'B.I.B.L.E.' Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth.

Whether for physiological strength such as being aware of your diet and activity for body health or for meditation and mindfulness for mental health, among many other lessons. Regardless of your theology or idea of faith, it has potential for true value to be gleaned from it. :pensive:

Mark Charles Compton

Pineal Peruser
and (3) they leave out the possibility of a superior intelligence.
At least until they find it necessary to include an intelligent designer. Once their equations and theories no longer continue making accurate predictions, they'll be more open to new ideas. Maybe some model that everyone is willing to learn and accept will be found...

That's when one could propose a paper involving a Designer, presuming there is any way to prove such a thing with an equation or test it with an experiment. :wink: