• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

By the way -- if you claim to be a Christian...

McBell

Admiral Obvious
If you're going to tell me what I said, please do use the words I use, not what you think I said. You speak of other gods. That's interesting. I won't tell you what I think you mean by that, but anyway -- have a good evening, thanks for the conversation.
Most people here on RF are not going to tell you want you want to hear.
They are going to tell you what they believe and know.
If it just happens that it coincides with what you want to hear, great.
But being what you want to hear is not a precedent for what they post.

Since you are unable to understand the meaning of what you say, or you do understand and are running from it, it seems to me that further discourse with you on this particular topic will be nothing more than a test of my patience.
Since I am not interested in such an exercise, I shall stop trying to explain something to someone who does not want to understand it.

So then god is not a life, right?
Cause life has to come from life, right?
Which means that God could not have created life, right?

By all means, take as long as you need to get it figured out before replying.
Easy answer in the Bible our family record:
”For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son also to have life in himself.“
‭‭John‬ ‭5‬:‭26‬ ‭ESV‬‬

Again...
So what?
People really know that God exists and are just in rebellion just like the Bible says…is my conclusion. I believe this to be true as a Christian:
”For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse. For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. Claiming to be wise, they became fools,“
‭‭Romans‬ ‭1‬:‭18‬-‭22‬ ‭ESV‬‬

Last edited:

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Ask our Jewish friends on the forum or get some historical data.

Ya, that doesn't make sense but may have been injected into the narrative for dramatic effect. Roman historians say the census did not involve travel as that would have been economically and physically problematic.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
People really know that God exists and are just in rebellion just like the Bible says…is my conclusion. I believe this to be true as a Christian:
”For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse. For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. Claiming to be wise, they became fools,“
That is ironic, you use the Bible to justify breaking the Ninth Commandment.

That is ironic, you use the Bible to justify breaking the Ninth Commandment.
I believe that to be true as a Christian, so whether or not it’s breaking the 9th Commandment remains to be seen.
But seen as you said I did that, does that make you the judge now?
You’ll have to somehow as a Christian post something about the Bible you consider as true if you’re staying true to the question of the post.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Spare me the sermon.
You ain't very good at it.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Most people here on RF are not going to tell you want you want to hear.
They are going to tell you what they believe and know.
If it just happens that it coincides with what you want to hear, great.
But being what you want to hear is not a precedent for what they post.

Since you are unable to understand the meaning of what you say, or you do understand and are running from it, it seems to me that further discourse with you on this particular topic will be nothing more than a test of my patience.
Since I am not interested in such an exercise, I shall stop trying to explain something to someone who does not want to understand it.
Not a matter of telling me what I want to hear. It's a matter of, if you're going to tell me what I said, tell me what I said -- not what you think I said and use different words. Thank you.

YoursTrue

The post is:
If you claim to be a Christian…which part do you consider true, be specific.
So how is my post a sermon? Why are you here?
Your first point about which parts of the Bible does someone believe is very, very difficult so it seems for many to answer, especially those who claim to go to their respective houses of worship.
What I do notice is that many will tell you some parts they think are mythical but not which parts they think are true, then they might argue over the word true, etc.

YoursTrue

As a former evangelist and street preacher, I concur.
I had one evangelical minister run up to me and tell me that I'm going to burn in hellfire. :)
Oops, I thought. I don't believe that -- and I told him so. He then walked quickly down the street.

Your first point about which parts of the Bible does someone believe is very, very difficult so it seems for many to answer, especially those who claim to go to their respective houses of worship.
What I do notice is that many will tell you some parts they think are mythical but not which parts they think are true, then they might argue over the word true, etc.
If someone claims to be a Christian then the whole Bible is true otherwise why would one consider themselves a Christian?

”All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.“
‭‭2 Timothy‬ ‭3‬:‭16‬-‭17‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I believe that to be true as a Christian, so whether or not it’s breaking the 9th Commandment remains to be seen.
But seen as you said I did that, does that make you the judge now?
You’ll have to somehow as a Christian post something about the Bible you consider as true if you’re staying true to the question of the post.
Well there is a huge logical fail. There is no need for anyone, Christian or not, to do that.

Last edited: