• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can a gay person be a "good" Christian?

Can a gay person be a "good" Christian?

• Yes

Votes: 38 92.7%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.3%

• Total voters

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Of course, it does.

Nope. Leviticus is only talking about anal sex between men and that's probably coming from the Jew's ideas of masculinity which were shared by many different cultures at that time, including the Greeks. The rest of the "clobber verses", where it seems to be talking about homosexuality, are actually talking about pagan practices and prostitution. Sodom and Gomorrah had nothing to do with homosexuality, either.

Yes

Oh how I love the Word of God!
Nope. Leviticus is only talking about anal sex between men and that's probably coming from the Jew's ideas of masculinity which were shared by many different cultures at that time, including the Greeks.

The scriptures say for men not to lay with men and women not to lay with women.

Sodom and Gomorrah had nothing to do with homosexuality, either.
Of course, it did.

Jude 1:7 In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
The scriptures say for men not to lay with men and women not to lay with women.

Doesn't say anything about women.

Of course, it did.

Jude 1:7 In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire.

It's talking about the men trying to rape Angels, not homosexuality: The book of Jude condemns sex with angels, not homosexuality and not lesbianism.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Do you see what you just did? You tried to act as if what I said was not right.

We are not to even sin in our hearts. We do not make excuses for our sins, as you just did.

The scripture tell us that it is a sin to have the wrong desire... but it only leads to death if we 'carry it out'

"... in turn sin, when it has been carried out, brings forth death"

If God put to death every person with a wrong desire, the human race would have gone extinct a long time ago.

Yes

Doesn't say anything about women.
Of course, scripture says it is wrong for women to have sex with women.

Romans 1:26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones.

It's talking about the men trying to rape Angels, not homosexuality: The book of Jude condemns sex with angels, not homosexuality and not lesbianism.
It does not say what you say. It say immoral sex and perversion. Not only that, the men of the city thought the angels were men.

Leviticus 20:13
"'If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

Genesis 19:5
They called to Lot, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them."

Yes

The scripture tell us that it is a sin to have the wrong desire... but it only leads to death if we 'carry it out'

"... in turn sin, when it has been carried out, brings forth death"

If God put to death every person with a wrong desire, the human race would have gone extinct a long time ago.
Who said anything about God putting to death every person with a wrong desire? You have no defense, which shows by what you say.

Jesus tells us what we are supposed to think.

Yes

Can Gays have gay intercourse and still be christians? Or can priests be gays and married to same sex?
If someone is a believer, they are not to have homosexual sex no matter what.
No one can be a gay and be a Christian. Christians are to obey Jesus. Jesus is the Way. Jesus tells us what we have to do to be overcomers. Obey Jesus and you will be set free.

Servant_of_the_One1

If someone is a believer, they are not to have homosexual sex no matter what.
No one can be a gay and be a Christian. Christians are to obey Jesus. Jesus is the Way. Jesus tells us what we have to do to be overcomers. Obey Jesus and you will be set free.

So u are saying a Full Gay cannot be Christian?
Is this ur sect or the opinion of all christians?

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Of course, scripture says it is wrong for women to have sex with women.

Romans 1:26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones.

It's talking about pagan sex rites. Romans 1 is a polemic against pagan idolatry.

Romans 1 describes ancient shrine prostitution, not modern homosexuals.

It does not say what you say. It say immoral sex and perversion. Not only that, the men of the city thought the angels were men.

Leviticus 20:13
"'If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

Genesis 19:5
They called to Lot, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them."

I know what Genesis says. It doesn't matter that they thought they were men, the problem that Jude is referring to is people having sex with Angels. Verse 6 appears to be referring to the Book of Enoch were the Watchers (a group of Angels) left Heaven and came down to have sex with human women. Put the verses in context. It makes no sense for it to be talking about Angels leaving Heaven and then jump to talking about homosexuality. The Bible is meant to be read in context, not with verses viewed in isolation.

Furthermore, in Ezekiel 16, God Himself makes it clear why He destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah:
49 Behold, this was the guilt of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had pride, surfeit of food, and prosperous ease, but did not aid the poor and needy. 50 They were haughty, and did abominable things before me; therefore I removed them, when I saw it. (Ezekial 16:49-50)

Doesn't say anything about homosexuality or sexual sins. If God was angry enough about homosexuality to destroy two cities over it, I think He would've mentioned it in that passage!

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Yes is saying something else.

Must be different sect?

Different Christians have different opinions on the subject. The homophobic Christians usually are just reading certain verses at face value and taking things out of context. They basically just go by what they've been told they mean. They're not looking at it in a scholarly or historical way.

Yes

Yes, that means Gay can never be christian until he get rid of his homosexuality right?

But why are christians not united on this issue.

There are many false "Christian" teachings.

We can know God's Truth for ourselves

We should check the Bible for everything that others try to teach us.

Servant_of_the_One1

Ok we are getting somewhere.

To condemn homosexuality u need religious & scriptural proof.

Why was Sodom & Gomorrah destroyed? For disbelief? Or for homosexuality?

If u believe in the same bible then go back to the bible.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Ok we are getting somewhere.

To condemn homosexuality u need religious & scriptural proof.

Why was Sodom & Gomorrah destroyed? For disbelief? Or for homosexuality?

If u believe in the same bible then go back to the bible.

Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed due to their greed, haughtiness and inhospitality. Nothing to do with homosexuality. That interpretation came much later.

Servant_of_the_One1

Iam neutral here as non-christian/disbeliever.
Yes, u need to come with better argument. Proof to him that sodom and gomorah were destroyed for being gays.

Post the whole chapture of sodom and gomorah. Let see why they were utterly destroyed from the face of earth.