• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can a gay person be a "good" Christian?

Can a gay person be a "good" Christian?

• Yes

Votes: 38 92.7%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.3%

• Total voters

Yes

Oh how I love the Word of God!
It's talking about pagan sex rites. Romans 1 is a polemic against pagan idolatry.

Romans 1 describes ancient shrine prostitution, not modern homosexuals.

I know what Genesis says.
Why do you go on and on as if this scripture does not explain to you plainly?

Leviticus 18:22 "'Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable.

It doesn't matter that they thought they were men, the problem that Jude is referring to is people having sex with Angels. Verse 6 appears to be referring to the Book of Enoch were the Watchers (a group of Angels) left Heaven and came down to have sex with human women. Put the verses in context. It makes no sense for it to be talking about Angels leaving Heaven and then jump to talking about homosexuality. The Bible is meant to be read in context, not with verses viewed in isolation.
The scripture is speaking about perversion and sexual immorality for anyone.

Now, go read Leviticus again.

Furthermore, in Ezekiel 16, God Himself makes it clear why He destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah:
49 Behold, this was the guilt of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had pride, surfeit of food, and prosperous ease, but did not aid the poor and needy. 50 They were haughty, and did abominable things before me; therefore I removed them, when I saw it. (Ezekial 16:49-50)

Doesn't say anything about homosexuality or sexual sins. If God was angry enough about homosexuality to destroy two cities over it, I think He would've mentioned it in that passage!
Your denial does not the truth make.

Yes

Iam neutral here as non-christian/disbeliever.
Yes, u need to come with better argument. Proof to him that sodom and gomorah were destroyed for being gays.

Post the whole chapture of sodom and gomorah. Let see why they were utterly destroyed from the face of earth.
I have proven it.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Why do you go on and on as if this scripture does not explain to you plainly?

Leviticus 18:22 "'Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable.

The scripture is speaking about perversion and sexual immorality for anyone.

Now, go read Leviticus again.

Your denial does not the truth make.

Obstinately pounding your fists and yelling "you're wrong!" doth not a debate make.

Servant_of_the_One1

Ok guys. I would say Yes brought evidence against Homosexuality. NT is holier than OT according to christians right? How about verses from there?

As for Torah/OT this is whAt it says:

I must say this round is for Yes. He came with evidence.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Ok guys. I would say Yes brought evidence against Homosexuality. NT is holier than OT according to christians right?

Er...Leviticus is from the OT. Even if you do take that verse as being still standing to this day, it only talks about anal sex between males. Says nothing about homosexuality or gay/lesbian sex acts in general.

Shrine Prostitutes are never said to be homosexuals in the Bible.

Yes

Obstinately pounding your fists and yelling "you're wrong!" doth not a debate make.
Take your own advice.

I gave scripture that God says no homosexuality.

I gave scripture that says Sodom and Gomorrah gave themselves to sexual immorality and perversion.

You want me to believe that Sodom and Gomorrah was destroyed because some men wanted to have sex with the two angels. By the way, the scripture says THE SURRONDING TOWNS also gave themselves up to sexual immortality. That is not just about the incident with the two angels.

Jude 1:7 In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
Christianity like any other religion can change when it needs. Plus a gay person can be a FABULOUUUUS Christian!

Yes

Ok guys. I would say Yes brought evidence against Homosexuality. NT is holier than OT according to christians right? How about verses from there?

I am glad you see it.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Take your own advice.

I gave scripture that God says no homosexuality.

I gave scripture that says Sodom and Gomorrah gave themselves to sexual immorality and perversion.

You want me to believe that Sodom and Gomorrah was destroyed because some men wanted to have sex with the two angels. By the way, the scripture says THE SURRONDING TOWNS also gave themselves up to sexual immortality. That is not just about the incident with the two angels.

Jude 1:7 In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion.

I already explained Jude to you and what it was talking about. It was referencing the Book of Enoch and the story of the Watchers and tying it to the Sodom story. Ezekiel 16 says why God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah. It doesn't mention sexual sins at all. In the Sodom story, the biggest outrage is inhospitality. That's why Lot ends up offering his virgin daughters to the mob, lest they harm his guests. That's nasty, too, but it shows how greatly serious they viewed the host's obligation to care for guests.

Not my problem that you don't actually bother to read your Bible and learn what it's saying. You're just picking verses and spitting them out at me like a machine.

Reactions: gsa

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Wait, isnt sodomy gaysex?
Verse is clearly talking about gaysex.

Tying the word "sodomy" to sexual acts is a much, much later interpretation. It's very Medieval to use "sodomy" to talk about sex acts. By the way, one old usage of the word "sodomy" meant any kind of sex that wasn't heterosexual vaginal sex between a man and wife. So oral sex is sodomy and so is anal and so is fornication.

Yes

I already explained Jude to you and what it was talking about. It was referencing the Book of Enoch and the story of the Watchers and tying it to the Sodom story. Ezekiel 16 says why God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah. It doesn't mention sexual sins at all. In the Sodom story, the biggest outrage is inhospitality. That's why Lot ends up offering his virgin daughters to the mob, lest they harm his guests. That's nasty, too, but it shows how greatly serious they viewed the host's obligation to care for guests.

Not my problem that you don't actually bother to read your Bible and learn what it's saying. You're just picking verses and spitting them out at me like a machine.
You are ridiculous for saying the biggest sin of Sodom was inhospitality.

By the way, have you read Leviticus 18:22?

gsa

The scriptures say for men not to lay with men and women not to lay with women.

Of course, it did.

Jude 1:7 In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire.

There is no mention of lesbianism, and the only time homosexuality is mentioned is in a few passages about some form of anal sex, using an idiomatic expression that appears only once in ancient Hebrew (in the parallel verses of Leviticus).

Most Christians believe the Hebrew and Christian scriptures are part of a seamless whole. Also, the word to'evah is not properly translated as abomination or detestable, but more like "boundary violation" or "transgression."

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
You are ridiculous for saying the biggest sin of Sodom was inhospitality.

By the way, have you read Leviticus 18:22?

Obviously, Leviticus 18:22 is the only verse of the Bible you're familiar with. Do you even know how to have an actual discussion or do you just want to troll?

Yes

Obviously, Leviticus 18:22 is the only verse of the Bible you're familiar with. Do you even know how to have an actual discussion or do you just want to troll?
You are resorting to name calling. That is all you got left to defend falseness.

Yes

There is no mention of lesbianism, and the only time homosexuality is mentioned is in a few passages about some form of anal sex,
The Bible says for a man not to have sexual relations with a man.

The Bible also tells us that women exchanged the natural use of their bodies, that they degraded their bodies with one another.

Romans 1:26 This then is the reason why God gave them up to vile passions. For not only did the women among them exchange the natural use of their bodies for one which is contrary to nature, but the men also,

Romans 1:24
Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another.

Yes

There is no mention of lesbianism, and the only time homosexuality is mentioned is in a few passages about some form of anal sex, using an idiomatic expression that appears only once in ancient Hebrew (in the parallel verses of Leviticus)."

There is no mention of correct living for lesbianism in the Bible. Nowhere anywhere in the Bible are there instructions for acceptable lesbian practices, as there are for men and woman heterosexuals.