• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can a gay person be a "good" Christian?

Can a gay person be a "good" Christian?

• Yes

Votes: 38 92.7%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.3%

• Total voters

gsa

The Bible says for a man not to have sexual relations with a man.

The Bible also tells us that women exchanged the natural use of their bodies, that they degraded their bodies with one another.

Romans 1:26 This then is the reason why God gave them up to vile passions. For not only did the women among them exchange the natural use of their bodies for one which is contrary to nature, but the men also,

Romans 1:24
Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another.

Most scholars do not believe that is a reference to lesbianism, which is rarely discussed in extant literature from the period. That is a reference to male homosexuality, as punishment for idolatry.

Yes

Oh how I love the Word of God!
Most scholars do not believe that is a reference to lesbianism, which is rarely discussed in extant literature from the period. That is a reference to male homosexuality, as punishment for idolatry.
Idolatry is a sin.
Homosexuality is a sin, even lesbianism.

The Bible tells us many times to whom men and women are to be united.

gsa

Idolatry is a sin.
Homosexuality is a sin, even lesbianism.

The Bible tells us many times to whom men and women are to be united.

Neither the Hebrew scriptures nor the Christian scriptures address lesbianism. The prohibition in Orthodox Judaism, for example, is by rabbinical decree, not rooted in the Torah. So the issue is simply not addressed.

Yes

That's a bit of a hypocritical thing to say for you, do you respect gays in the church ?.

All denominations teach falseness and is full of people who do not obey.

The Church is the body of Christ made up of those who obey Jesus.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
The Bible is clear that sex is only between a married man and woman.
You're clear in your own head that that's the case. But that's not the case. At all. In the OT, men could have bound concubines to whom they were not married.

Yes

Like not judging other people, right?
The Bible says we are to judge those in the church.

1 Corinthians 5:12 What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside?

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
The Bible says we are to judge those in the church.

1 Corinthians 5:12 What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside?
I thought you said that these people weren't in the church, because they didn't follow Jesus' teachings. Or is this more double-speak? Plus, 1 Cor. isn't a teaching of Jesus -- it's a teaching of Paul. Jesus said, "Judge not..."