• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can a gay person be a "good" Christian?

Can a gay person be a "good" Christian?

• Yes

Votes: 38 92.7%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.3%

• Total voters

Yes

Oh how I love the Word of God!
Good on you, I myself don't even like to call myself a Christian, the name has been so tarnished over the many years, Jesus never called himself a Christian either.
Christian comes from the word Christ. Jesus is the Christ.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Christian comes from the word Christ. Jesus is the Christ.
Wrong, Jesus became the Christ, the Christ is the higher Consciousness of one who has realized their oneness with the father or pure Source, the name Christian came about after Jesus, he knew nothing about that particular name.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Polyester was not invented yet.
It's a sin to wear clothing of mixed cloths.
The dietary laws are no more.
Uh huh. But the homosexual thing is. I see. And the reason for that is... ?
Christians are to marry another Christian.
not according to Paul. Paul says no one should marry.

See how this works? "Polyester wasn't invented yet." Neither did the biblical writers know as much about the human psyche as we do today. Don't you think that, as times and cultures change, that cultural mores change too? The bible patently supports the practice of slavery. Do you keep slaves? Should anyone keep slaves? No! We don't live in that culture anymore.

Yes

That's not what the text says.
We are not to make hypocritical judgments.
I got the beam out of my eye, and now I want to help others get the beam out of their eyes.

Reference, plz.
Paul joins a New Testament scripture (Luke 10:7) to an Old Testament scripture (Deuteronomy 25:4) and calls them both scripture.

Did he? Or did the gospel writers have Jesus teach what Paul was teaching?

Paul taught what Jesus taught.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
We are not to make hypocritical judgments.
I got the beam out of my eye, and now I want to help others get the beam out of their eyes.
Look again.
Paul joins a New Testament scripture (Luke 10:7) to an Old Testament scripture (Deuteronomy 25:4) and calls them both scripture.
<sigh> In which of Paul's letters?!

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
The thinking Christian is simply wrong -- they all have false teachers. What these people fail to realize is that these selfsame teachers are the people who translate the biblical texts so that the fundies can actually read the bible.

You can believe what you want. But anyone calling someone else "false teachers", is typically false and misleading themselves.

Listen to those who are quiet and maybe you will hear something interesting.

Yes

It's a sin to wear clothing of mixed cloths.
Some of the laws were symbolic of keeping separate unto the Lord.

Uh huh. But the homosexual thing is. I see. And the reason for that is... ?
It did not change.
We are to offer our bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to the Lord.

not according to Paul. Paul says no one should marry.
Paul does not say we are not to marry.

See how this works? "Polyester wasn't invented yet." Neither did the biblical writers know as much about the human psyche as we do today. Don't you think that, as times and cultures change, that cultural mores change too? The bible patently supports the practice of slavery. Do you keep slaves? Should anyone keep slaves? No! We don't live in that culture anymore.
People in the Bible times were probably glad to be a slave. Being a slave gave them an income and a home.

Yes

It's not Jesus' teaching. It's Paul's teaching.
You are not speaking truth.
Jesus taught to repent of sins. Paul taught to repent of sins. Jesus taught forgiveness of sins through him. Paul taught forgiveness of sins through Jesus. Jesus taught obedience to his teachings. Paul taught obedience to Jesus' teachings.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
People in the Bible times were probably glad to be a slave. Being a slave gave them an income and a home.

So if I kidnapped a homeless man and fed him and clothed him, but forced him to work for me as a slave it would be ok?