• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can a gay person be a "good" Christian?

Can a gay person be a "good" Christian?

• Yes

Votes: 38 92.7%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.3%

• Total voters

Yes

Oh how I love the Word of God!
So? They still weren't married. Or are you introducing a double standard that completely refutes what you just wrote?
Sex is for a married man and woman.

There is no guidelines for homosexuals because it is forbidden.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
We are discussing the Bible.
The bible has a lot of horror throughout its pages, are we to believe that also, or should we only discuss that which you believe we should discuss ?. Also many of us see the words differently, that's why there are so many off shots of Christianly, who is right and who is wrong, it really doesn't matter. as long as in your own heart you feel that which is true to you, this is the intelligent way of using scripture of any kind. I believe that Paul himself was a gnostic, he didn't talk about Jesus but the Christ that is within all of us, the word Jesus was placed there by the church , because they wanted it to flow with the rest of the so called gospel.

Yes

I thought you said that these people weren't in the church, because they didn't follow Jesus' teachings. Or is this more double-speak?
The church is the body of Christ of those who obey Jesus. The Christians would get together to meet and this was called church.
We are to judge those in the church.
Plus, 1 Cor. isn't a teaching of Jesus -- it's a teaching of Paul. Jesus said, "Judge not..."
Paul taught what Jesus taught.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Sex is for a married man and woman.

There is no guidelines for homosexuals because it is forbidden.
Apparently, sex is also for non-married concubines, because that's what the bible says. Biblically speaking, marriages are also arranged; rape victims must marry their rapist; and brothers are obligated to marry their sisters-in-law, when their brothers die. But I'm sure you have excuses why we don't have to abide by those particular injunctions. Just so long as nobody's sticking their pee-pee in another guy, it's all good.

sojourner

The church is the body of Christ of those who obey Jesus. The Christians would get together to meet and this was called church.
We are to judge those in the church.
The church is the body of Christ. Period. You're standing in judgment of people whom you say are not part of that body. Jesus says that's a no-no.
Paul wrote before the gospels were written. And he didn't quote Jesus. Therefore you can't quote Paul and get away with saying it's a teaching of Jesus.

Yes

Apparently, sex is also for non-married concubines, because that's what the bible says. Biblically speaking, marriages are also arranged; rape victims must marry their rapist; and brothers are obligated to marry their sisters-in-law, when their brothers die. But I'm sure you have excuses why we don't have to abide by those particular injunctions. Just so long as nobody's sticking their pee-pee in another guy, it's all good.
Homosexual sex is forbidden.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
So true, but sadly there are those who are fundamentalist and narrow minded, and hate everything that they don't agree with, these are the weeds that need to be pulled out that the healthy thinking Christian can grow.

The problem is, these people are the ones who "fear" the thinking Christian. I was thankful enough to show my Christian friend the benefit of thinking. He even thanked me for it the other week.

Yes

The church is the body of Christ. Period. You're standing in judgment of people whom you say are not part of that body. Jesus says that's a no-no.
When Jesus told us not to judge, it was about not judging hypocritically.

Paul wrote before the gospels were written.
Paul joins a New Testament scripture (Luke 10:7) to an Old Testament scripture (Deuteronomy 25:4) and calls them both scripture.

And he didn't quote Jesus. Therefore you can't quote Paul and get away with saying it's a teaching of Jesus.

sojourner

Homosexual sex is forbidden.
So is wearing 50/50 cotton/poly. So is eating shellfish. So is cooking/storing meat and dairy at the same time. So is marrying outside your kin group. So what? Cultural injunctions that need not apply now.

sojourner

When Jesus told us not to judge, it was about not judging hypocritically.
That's not what the text says.
Paul joins a New Testament scripture (Luke 10:7) to an Old Testament scripture (Deuteronomy 25:4) and calls them both scripture.
Reference, plz.
Did he? Or did the gospel writers have Jesus teach what Paul was teaching?

sojourner

The problem is, these people are the ones who "fear" the thinking Christian. I was thankful enough to show my Christian friend the benefit of thinking. He even thanked me for it the other week.
The thinking Christian is simply wrong -- they all have false teachers. What these people fail to realize is that these selfsame teachers are the people who translate the biblical texts so that the fundies can actually read the bible.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Good on you, I myself don't even like to call myself a Christian, the name has been so tarnished over the many years, Jesus never called himself a Christian either.