• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can Europe be Saved?

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Thanks -we're really looking forward to our trips. My favorite European country to visit, by the way, is Germany. I AM looking forward to exploring the UK in the future though.

Primordial Annihilator

Thanks -we're really looking forward to our trips. My favorite European country to visit, by the way, is Germany. I AM looking forward to exploring the UK in the future though.

Germany?

In my view Germany should not exist...

But anyway...if you do come to the UK one piece of advice...do not expect table service in cafes and Pubs...and do not tip...it is insulting.

Kathryn

Yep, I love Germany and Belgium in particular.

When I visit the UK, don't you worry - I always make it a point to research the cultural particulars of a country before I visit. I do not ever want to insult someone in another country, either intentionally or otherwise.

My husband and I appreciate the opportunity to show Europeans that Americans are not the horrid entities that they may expect us to be (which, by the way, is a pretty prejudicial mindset).

Kathryn

Hate seems like a pretty strong word for a nation built of individuals. I can't think of any NATION I hate.

Nerthus

Wanderlust
I'm European, and spent a lot of time travelling Europe too. Never been afraid at all.

A lot of my favourite countries, and people are in Europe.

Primordial Annihilator

Hate seems like a pretty strong word for a nation built of individuals. I can't think of any NATION I hate.

Oh I hate your nation...utterly.

The things your nation has done...atrocity after atrocity...and your nation continues to make life hell for millions of people...I would nuke you all without the slightest hesitation...as long as we could disable your nukes first of course :D

But I wouldnt hold any grudges towards the people of the USA...its not their fault really...in fact I would offer an amnesty or chance for all americans to return to europe before strategic nuclear launches are deployed.

Kathryn

Oh I hate your nation...utterly.

The things your nation has done...atrocity after atrocity...and your nation continues to make life hell for millions of people...I would nuke you all without the slightest hesitation...as long as we could disable your nukes first of course :D

But I wouldnt hold any grudges towards the people of the USA...its not their fault really...in fact I would offer an amnesty or chance for all americans to return to europe before strategic nuclear launches are deployed.

Well, that's mighty white of you.

You don't sound much different from Bubba talking about Osama bin Laden and the Taliban and Afghanistan.

Kathryn

No thanks, I'll continue to make my home in the beautiful state of Texas.

And just because a lot of people may agree on something, doesn't make it right. Or don't you know that?

triumph_of_the_will_stadium_shot.jpg

Germany

Chinese-Peoples-Liberation-Army-PLA-Air-Force.JPG

China

3240438.jpg

Italy

pinochet-and-sodiers1.jpg

Pinochet and soldiers

machetes.jpg

Machetes collected after Rwandan genocide

Primordial Annihilator

Are you aware of the many crimes against humanity the USA has committed in the last decade alone?

Kathryn...your nation is THE problem...a very big problem.

Your nation has infiltrated and insinuated itself everywhere..not least my disgusting weak willed traitorous government...I can only hope that eventually the UK will cease to have any connection or alliance with the USA...if I or someone with some backbone ever becomes Prime Minister... then you can wager your life savings on that becoming reality.

Kathryn

Oh brother. As if the nations comprising the EU have a better track record.

ESPECIALLY the British Empire - talk about insinuating yourself into every culture possible - till each culture finally got so sick and tired of the inhumane treatment of the natives as if they were subhumans that eventually the British were run out of town on a rail from nearly every corner of the earth.

I'd rather die in Texas than have to live in Manchester. But hey, that's just me. Carry on.

Last edited:

Primordial Annihilator

Oh brother. As if the nations comprising the EU have a better track record.

I'd rather die in Texas than have to live in Manchester. But hey, that's just me. Carry on.

So you are saying its OK because some european nations have dark histories?

So you have learnt nothing from the horror of Germany....?

As for Manchester...its a city....Texas is a large state...hardly comparable.
But as I have never visited either I can't really comment.

Primordial Annihilator

Your interpretation of the fall of the British Empire is basically flawed.

We lost it for many reasons...and certainly imperial cruelty was a factor..perhaps you should learn from that...

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Are you aware of the many crimes against humanity the USA has committed in the last decade alone?

Kathryn...your nation is THE problem...a very big problem.

Your nation has infiltrated and insinuated itself everywhere..not least my disgusting weak willed traitorous government...I can only hope that eventually the UK will cease to have any connection or alliance with the USA...if I or someone with some backbone ever becomes Prime Minister... then you can wager your life savings on that becoming reality.
I'd say only that the US is problematic. But without us, you might be speaking German & wearing a snappy uniform. We've served your needs at times.

Primordial Annihilator

I'd say only that the US is problematic. But without us, you might be speaking German & wearing a snappy uniform. We've served your needs at times.

I love it when an american brings this little gem up.

So...what language do you think you would be talking with a Nazi reich that spanned western europe, eastern europe and Russia?

You had no choice..and you made us pay dearly for your aid...oh dont worry I havent forgotten what we OWE you...

Two years of continual bombardment of all our major cities and towns by waves upon waves of Nazi bombers until you 'assisted' us.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I love it when an american brings this little gem up.

So...what language do you think you would be talking with a Nazi reich that spanned western europe, eastern europe and Russia?

You had no choice..and you made us pay dearly for your aid...oh dont worry I havent forgotten what we OWE you...
I don't think you owe us anything, other than recognition that being allies sure beats being enemies.

Kathryn

Hey, Primordial - for the record, I've never said that the US is perfect in any way. No country is perfect.

What I find offensive is your attitude of moral superiority. At least I am realistic enough to know that neither the UK, the EU or the US can hold up to close scrutiny when it comes to empire building.

But I agree with you on learning from Europe's mistakes. Hence my first post on this thread, with the picture of Alice following the rabbit down the rabbit hole. We should DEFINITELY learn from Europe's mistakes when at all possible. Not that I think we are doing a very good job of it.

By the way, I know you're being intentionally inflammatory and I'm only responding to your jibes because I'm sort of bored. Terrible weather outside - reminds me of England.