• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can God have a Son?

Heathen Hammer

Nope, you're still wrong
We don't pray to a stone in a house. It is you who should educate yourself before you speak. The house was given to us by Allah (SWT) so that the believers can have a place to turn to. This is because Allah (SWT) saw mankind looking for Him in every direction. So He says that the believers should pray towards the Kaaba (house). So the believers channel all their prayers to a certain place and from there it goes up into the heavens. It is said that the throne of Allah (SWT) is directly above the Kaaba (house).

The stone was given to Adam (AS) as a mercy from Allah (SWT). God gave it to him and told him that if he prays and touches it, his sins will be extracted into the stone. It was once white, but has turned black over the years from all the sins.
Several pages later I know, but.... they don't believe the statue is their God either, sillyhead.

My point stands.

No differences in your religions.

We don't pray to a stone, but in the direction that Allah (SWT) told us to pray. If the stone was not there, we'd still face in that direction and pray cause He told us to. The house with the stone in it was built by Abraham (AS) and he was not an idol-worshipper, but he built it cause he was instructed to do so by Allah (SWT). Our prayers are directed only towards Him and Him alone.

There is one major difference and that's the fact that we pray to Allah (SWT) and Allah (SWT) only, whilst the tamils and hindus pray to multiple gods. And Allah (SWT) says in the Quran that He is One and that those who pray to multiple gods are the inmates of Hell. Allah (SWT) also clearly states in the Quran, that if you are praying to anything or anyone besides Him, then you are praying to non but Satan...If only you knew!

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
We don't pray to a stone, but in the direction that Allah (SWT) told us to pray.
So why do some people kiss it?
Why do people circumambulate it?

but he built it cause he was instructed to do so by Allah (SWT)
But, why?

the tamils and hindus pray to multiple gods.
Generally wrong. A large chunk of Hindus are monotheists who believe that the gods are just attributes of God; panentheism and panentheism are very common in Hindu thought. Calling Hindus as idol worshipping polytheists is common from people who do not understand then nuances and subtleties of Hinduism.

Also, "The Tamils" are an ethnic group. Most are Hindu, some are Christian, and some are Muslim. By saying "the Tamils", you are also claiming that Tamil Muslims believe in multiple deities.

They walk around it and kiss it cause the Prophet Muhammad (SAW) used to do it. He was told by God, that touching or kissing the stone removes all ones sins. The stone is from Heaven and was given to Adam (AS) as a mercy from his Lord.

Instead of asking why Allah (SWT) instructed Abraham (AS) to build the Kaaba (housing around the stone). Rather take lesson from Abraham (AS) when Allah (SWT) asked him to slaughter his son, Abraham (AS) was willing to do so without asking why. And Abraham (AS) is a figure revered by all the Abrahamic religions as being a man who we should all aspire to be like.

The Hindus may be monotheists, but they pray to other than Allah (SWT) and follow other than His teachings and hence they worship none but false gods. Satanists are also monotheists, don't forget that! The Hindus and Tamils pray to other than Allah (SWT) and are on the wrong path.

You can't say tamil Muslim cause tamils are followers of the tamil religion which prays to false gods other than Allah (SWT). It's like saying a Christian Jew or a buddhist Catholic or a Hindu Jew. A Muslim is a Muslim...he/she is a believer in the One God Allah (SWT) and are on the straight path. Tamils and Hindus are not on the straight path because it clearly states in the Quran, that those who take as gods other than Allah (SWT), are praying to none but Satan himself. Remember it's either you follow Satan or Allah (SWT) and that is it. From the beginning...from the time of Adam (AS), it was either that he follows Allah (SWT) or Satan. There was no choice for him to follow Shiva or Brahma or whomever else. All these other so-called gods were created by the Devil (Satan) who wants mankind to go astray. He vowed to steal people's hearts and minds away from the remembrance of Allah (SWT). Hence Allah (SWT) says in the Quran that they worship none but Satan himself.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
They walk around it and kiss it cause the Prophet Muhammad (SAW) used to do it. He was told by God, that touching or kissing the stone removes all ones sins. The stone is from Heaven and was given to Adam (AS) as a mercy from his Lord.
Do you understand why, in such a case, it can be seen as idolatry from external eyes?

The Hindus may be monotheists, but they pray to other than Allah (SWT) and follow other than His teachings and hence they worship none but false gods.
Well, yes -- Hindus are not Muslim after all. Why would a non-Muslim worship Allah?

Satanists are also monotheists, don't forget that!
Generally incorrect: most Satanists are atheists, and Satan is merely a symbol to them, not an actual entity. :)

You can't say tamil Muslim cause tamils are followers of the tamil religion which prays to false gods other than Allah (SWT). It's like saying a Christian Jew or a buddhist Catholic or a Hindu Jew.
Not at all: Tamils are an ethnic group: a race, a tribe, a people, a society, an ethnicity, whatever you wish to call them. They may be Muslim, but their ethnicity is still Tamil. Tamil Muslims are still from the same ethnic stock and culture as Tamil Hindus and Tamil Christians.

There was no choice for him to follow Shiva or Brahma or whomever else. All these other so-called gods were created by the Devil (Satan) who wants mankind to go astray. He vowed to steal people's hearts and minds away from the remembrance of Allah (SWT). Hence Allah (SWT) says in the Quran that they worship none but Satan himself.
I can understand why you'd think this, but to non-Muslims and non-Christians, the concept of Satan is not something we believe in. Claiming we worship Satan is often, to us, a humorous accusation. It's also another reason I could not follow an exclusivist religion with an adversary of the Divine.

dyanaprajna2011

Dharmapala

Instead of asking why Allah (SWT) instructed Abraham (AS) to build the Kaaba (housing around the stone). Rather take lesson from Abraham (AS) when Allah (SWT) asked him to slaughter his son, Abraham (AS) was willing to do so without asking why. And Abraham (AS) is a figure revered by all the Abrahamic religions as being a man who we should all aspire to be like.

The Hindus may be monotheists, but they pray to other than Allah (SWT) and follow other than His teachings and hence they worship none but false gods. Satanists are also monotheists, don't forget that! The Hindus and Tamils pray to other than Allah (SWT) and are on the wrong path.

You can't say tamil Muslim cause tamils are followers of the tamil religion which prays to false gods other than Allah (SWT). It's like saying a Christian Jew or a buddhist Catholic or a Hindu Jew. A Muslim is a Muslim...he/she is a believer in the One God Allah (SWT) and are on the straight path. Tamils and Hindus are not on the straight path because it clearly states in the Quran, that those who take as gods other than Allah (SWT), are praying to none but Satan himself. Remember it's either you follow Satan or Allah (SWT) and that is it. From the beginning...from the time of Adam (AS), it was either that he follows Allah (SWT) or Satan. There was no choice for him to follow Shiva or Brahma or whomever else. All these other so-called gods were created by the Devil (Satan) who wants mankind to go astray. He vowed to steal people's hearts and minds away from the remembrance of Allah (SWT). Hence Allah (SWT) says in the Quran that they worship none but Satan himself.

How are you so confident that your god is the 'one true god', and the Hindu god isn't?

Heathen Hammer

Nope, you're still wrong
There is one major difference and that's the fact that we pray to Allah (SWT) and Allah (SWT) only, whilst the tamils and hindus pray to multiple gods. And Allah (SWT) says in the Quran that He is One and that those who pray to multiple gods are the inmates of Hell. Allah (SWT) also clearly states in the Quran, that if you are praying to anything or anyone besides Him, then you are praying to non but Satan...If only you knew!
Again, no substantive difference, only differences in dogma.

The fact that one side prays to one God and another prays to many, is not a benefit nor hindrance in either direction.

You've only proven so far that you can't really concentrate on the question.

The fact that Muslims pray to One God and others to many is not only of huge importance, but it is the very reason we are here. It is the test of life. And yet you say that it is not important. If you don't believe in Allah (SWT) then you are destined for hellfire and nothing else in this lifetime matters more.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
The fact that Muslims pray to One God and others to many is not only of huge importance, but it is the very reason we are here. It is the test of life. And yet you say that it is not important. If you don't believe in Allah (SWT) then you are destined for hellfire and nothing else in this lifetime matters more.
That isn't effective.
If we don't believe in Hell or Allah, why would we be afraid of it?

I don't get the deal with being punished for disbelief anyway. :shrug:

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Hell is real and God is real and if you don't believe in it, then you are unfortunately of those who are destined for the Hellfire. Sorry man!
I believe in God, don't believe in Hell. If God sends me to hell for disbelieving in him, after the pain becomes boring, I will forgive him. :)

Muffled

Jesus in me
pray to a singing statue, or a knitting one... not a ******* one! because that stuff's just nasty.

no, wait...

I am surprised no-one has ever fashioned copulating statues. Our age is capable of producing something like that.

It is not for you to forgive God, but for Him to forgive you. Don't reverse roles here. Oh and it says in the Quran that you will never get used to the pain. When the disbelievers skins are burnt of them, it will be replaced with new skin so that they can taste the punishment again. And it also states that they will never find a way out of Hell. Indeed Allah (SWT) is severe in punishment.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
It is not for you to forgive God, but for Him to forgive you. Don't reverse roles here. Oh and it says in the Quran that you will never get used to the pain. When the disbelievers skins are burnt of them, it will be replaced with new skin so that they can taste the punishment again. And it also states that they will never find a way out of Hell. Indeed Allah (SWT) is severe in punishment.
If I'm being punished for a meagre crime of not believing something which I see no evidence for, when I give frequently to charity, look after the elderly, etc, I do think I'm being fair by saying it's up to me to forgive God for this.

In addition, threats of eternal punishment with new skins appeal to base instincts, only. However, the idea of having skin burnt off and it being replaced is, well, not very believable by a non-believers' account. I've had these threats many times, and I've read the Quran as well. They don't work. They work about as well for me as they do someone saying you will be punished in Tartarus for not believing in Zeus do to you. Thankfully Hell concepts have no impact on my claims. I'm glad I don't believe in Hell.

This is, however, not the correct thread. This thread is about can God have a son. If you would like to discuss this, we may do so elsewhere. :)

Like I said before, He can have a son and even 1 million sons if that's what He wants, but in the Quran, it states clearly that He doesn't have a son and those who say that he has a son are going to be punished for their sins.