• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can God have a Son?

dyanaprajna2011

Dharmapala
Like I said before, He can have a son and even 1 million sons if that's what He wants, but in the Quran, it states clearly that He doesn't have a son and those who say that he has a son are going to be punished for their sins.

I don't believe in your god or your hell, so why would your preaching if I don't turn to your god, he'll send me to hell, actually bother me, or convince me? Why should I accept the Quran over the Buddhist scriptures, which teach that there is no personal creator god who is to be worshiped, and that only we can save ourselves?

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
I believe in God, don't believe in Hell. If God sends me to hell for disbelieving in him, after the pain becomes boring, I will forgive him. :)

That was a very enlightened response.
Well maybe I'm biased since I had arrived at a similar conclusion.

Middle eastern concepts of God added a somewhat barbaric twist. Something of which the nature of many came to identify with.

Really don't religions like Judaism, Christianity and Islam say more about the nature of man than God? What about them causes such fanaticism?

Not that there aren't fanatics of other beliefs, but again that is more likely the nature of the individual.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Whether you believe in Hell or not, know that it exists and that the disbelievers will eventually end up there.

If there is such a place as this Hell, then however created should not be supported even if that means ending up there.

I'd be against my morals to worship a God who created such a place.

not nom

If there is such a place as this Hell, then however created should not be supported even if that means ending up there.

I'd be against my morals to worship a God who created such a place.

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.

-- Marc Aurel

Heathen Hammer

Nope, you're still wrong

Middle eastern concepts of God added a somewhat barbaric twist. Something of which the nature of many came to identify with.

Really don't religions like Judaism, Christianity and Islam say more about the nature of man than God? What about them causes such fanaticism?

Not that there aren't fanatics of other beliefs, but again that is more likely the nature of the individual.
You know them by their fruits, it's said ;)

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Thank you, nice of you to say. :)

What about them causes such fanaticism?
Interesting question. I haven't seen these issues with many Jewish people. Judaism's theology is more.. hm.. more metaphorically interpreted.

In my opinion, the issues that make people more inclined to fanaticism are:

• literal reading of scriptures (usually because they don't know the metaphors behind the messages)
  • not enough mysticism -- too much focus on praying for appeasement to avoid punishment, than praying out of love
  • too much focus on the mundane
  • eternal Hell
  • a need to proselytise

Although obviously there's many who don't have these. There are some Jewish, Muslim, and Christian members on here with wonderful interpretations of their religions.

As I'm a big fan of mysticism, Judaism's interpretation of the Bible is by far my favourite, although it's not a religion I could go for personally (nor do Jewish people believe a non-Jew needs to), it doesn't seem to have the issue of literalism, the problem of Satan, a concept of Hell, etc.

And you'd put yourself through eternal suffering just because of your pride? I can already see you changing your mind about this while not even burning for more than a day never mind eternity!!

Heathen Hammer

Nope, you're still wrong
And you'd put yourself through eternal suffering just because of your pride? I can already see you changing your mind about this while not even burning for more than a day never mind eternity!!
A faith that would burn you to convince you, isn't worth following if your intention is to be a good soul.

Maybe in your version of reality, people should not be burnt for not believing in God, but unfortunately for you, this is Allah's (SWT) reality and the reality is that you are going to burn for your sins. I'm so sorry to tell you this, but that's what they say...the truth hurts!!

Heathen Hammer

Nope, you're still wrong
Maybe in your version of reality, people should not be burnt for not believing in God, but unfortunately for you, this is Allah's (SWT) reality and the reality is that you are going to burn for your sins. I'm so sorry to tell you this, but that's what they say...the truth hurts!!
Allah has no power over me. None whatsoever. Sorry if the truth hurts.

Maybe in your reality, people should be burned; that just means you're a rather execrable person.

Allah (SWT) has power over all things...after your death, you will see this.

An execrable person is a person without the love of God in his/her heart. So that's you, not me! I believe in God...you don't!

not nom

Allah (SWT) has power over all things...after your death, you will see this.

An execrable person is a person without the love of God in his/her heart. So that's you, not me! I believe in God...you don't!

yeah, you're literally oozing love. reading your posts I don't know if this is the real world, or paradise.

Yes I am oozing love for my Lord. Not love for a heathen such as yourself. Allah (SWT) says love that which I love and hate that which I hate! And Allah (SWT) hates the heathens more than anything else in existence.

dyanaprajna2011

Dharmapala
Yes I am oozing love for my Lord. Not love for a heathen such as yourself. Allah (SWT) says love that which I love and hate that which I hate! And Allah (SWT) hates the heathens more than anything else in existence.

This is a debate forum, not somewhere to preach. There are other places for that. If you're going to debate, fine, if all you're going to do is preach, then there are other places for that.

not nom

so anyone who says something you don't like, or asks questions you can't answer, is a heathen and anything negative in the quran applies to them? you're not even trying to hide the fact that you're using god as a little personal revenge fantasy. congrats I guess.

^ and this is why you shouldn't skip over the NT, it contains some valuable lessons that aren't really stressed much in the quran, to very ill effect.

not nom

Nobody asked a question that I couldn't answer. What question was that? Please tell me!

nah. you can simply go back to the stuff you reply with non-sequiturs or nothing but ad-hominems, and try to give a real answer. or pretend that stuff is a real answer -- I don't care.

and who are you to tell me what I believe or don't believe in, haha? I just don't take any **** from you, and why would I? if you really believe in judgement, why do you make such a mockery out of it, by playing pretend-judge in fantasy land?