• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can God have a Son?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Say that as many times as you care to; it isn't true.

But it is true...in the scheme of hierarchy...there can be only One, Almighty.

Most people know it, means nothing. Most people in America know the pledge of allegiance, also. As well as the words to 'Purple People Eater'.

So you object to the terms of the prayer?
Such behavior beneath you?

They won't ask me anything, as I will not appear before them, since I am not subject to their system at all.

If you don't want Their presence....they might agree.
And will leave you standing where you fell.

As I said: I will not need to plead anything.
Your threats are empty.

Not plead anything?
Your silence is acceptable.

Heathen Hammer

Nope, you're still wrong
But it is true...in the scheme of hierarchy...there can be only One, Almighty.
There is no hierarchy where you are discussing. And, if you wish to find one, since your God cannot even compose a sensible creation tale, well... he's not at the top. ;)

So you object to the terms of the prayer?
Such behavior beneath you?

I object to the imposition of the prayer, certainly, on children, and also to the mistaken pretense that it is binding. But it matters little to me, as I said. I am subject to other laws; not this God's.

If you don't want Their presence....they might agree.
And will leave you standing where you fell.

As I stated: their opinion of me is irrelevant, as they will have no opportunity to flex any power over me.

Not plead anything?
Your silence is acceptable.
Just as Odin will not care to discuss it with you when the time comes, your angels and God will not find me anywhere on any list, good or ill, which they possess; nor me standing within their reach, at any time.

Last edited:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Just as Odin will not care to discuss it with you when the time comes, your angels and God will not find me anywhere on any list, good or ill, which they possess; nor me standing within their reach, at any time.

So you believe Odin is creator and Almighty?

And the name makes the difference?

You can call the Almighty anything you want to.

Heathen Hammer

Nope, you're still wrong
So you believe Odin is creator and Almighty?

And the name makes the difference?

You can call the Almighty anything you want to.
It is not the same All-mighty. It is not the name; it is the being.

Odin's son never died, for example, and will not until he protects the Earth; your God wants to destroy Earth and his son seems not to mind.

Huge difference.

{a later editorial: I also find the idea of your attempt to entrap me by somehow saying 'they are both the same God and you're going to be judged anyway' rather crass]

Last edited:

Muffled

Jesus in me
If Zues has son, there will be many Godly-human on this world!! :run:
Same goes if everyone are the son and daughter of God, all of us will be a Godly-Human :p
This video actually telling that God cannot have Son.
*according to abrahamic religion scripture.

Having children with mortals dilutes the godlikeness until there isn't any left.

The Egyptians tried to get around this by marrying sisters and the ancient inhabitants of India got around it withthe caste system but in both cases it didn't work.

Then God simply decreed life to be 70 years and eliminated the immortal aspect.

Muffled

Jesus in me
It is not the same All-mighty. It is not the name; it is the being.

Odin's son never died, for example, and will not until he protects the Earth; your God wants to destroy Earth and his son seems not to mind.

Huge difference.

{a later editorial: I also find the idea of your attempt to entrap me by somehow saying 'they are both the same God and you're going to be judged anyway' rather crass]

This is news to me. He obviously isn't on this planet. Did he go extraterrestrial as Jesus did?

Odin and his crew were not moral and Hel was particulrly evil. They all have to answer to the same God as we.

There is only one and it is not Odin.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Odin and his crew were not moral and Hel was particulrly evil.
I have no idea why you think this. I've never seen anything that would suggest that Odin was amoral or immoral, or Hel was "evil".

They all have to answer to the same God as we.
How do you know that?
So you acknowledge that they exist, at least?

There is only one and it is not Odin.
How do you know?

Muffled

Jesus in me
[youtube]3NB0n5nPP90[/youtube]
Can God have a Son? Yusuf Estes (Part 1 of 2) - YouTube

If you're religious person, I have a question for you. Can God have a Son?

God can have a son. Jesus (God in the flesh) could have had a son but He wouldn't. Jesus is not a son of God according to the flesh ie He did not have a fleshly father. However He is the Son of God by being a son and God.

Here are my notes on the video:

God doesn't have any human limitations.
Not that God can't have a son but He doesn't.
"God is not a man" is false reasoning.
A part of God, there is no such thing; God can't be divided.
Yes he does say he is the Son by saying My Father in Heaven and The Father and I are one.
The "Word God" is not a good translation but it means the same thing as the Word is God.
Saying that the Bible isn't evidence is false testimony without evidence.
Christ doesn't mean Son of God but prophecies of the Messiah do say He will be God.
Adam correlation is not a perfect correllation.
No evidence that Allah is not Jesus, Jesus did say He is good.
Jesus prayed to Himself as the Father.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I have no idea why you think this. I've never seen anything that would suggest that Odin was amoral or immoral, or Hel was "evil".

How do you know that?
So you acknowledge that they exist, at least?

How do you know?

Odin had multiple wives. Hel was always playing tricks on people. This is what the myths say.

God says so.

Myth is history without any way to verify its veracity. One can only say that there is a probablitiy that they existed.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Odin had multiple wives.
Even if this was literally true, so what? Look at King David. Abraham had sex with his wife's maidservant. :shrug: Can we call them immoral too?

Hel was always playing tricks on people. This is what the myths say.
And that's evil, how?

God says so.
Correction: Abrahamic scripture claims all will stand before God.
This does not mean it is from God, that the scripture is from God, that God said it or identifies with that scripture, or even exists.

JacobEzra.

Dr. Greenthumb
Seriously....you have an accurate translation that reads differently?
Please post your translation.

Reads differently? What are you talking about? You said Satan could hear your "Our Father". He can not hear any prayer if spoken in Aramaic.

Heathen Hammer

Nope, you're still wrong
Odin had multiple wives. Hel was always playing tricks on people. This is what the myths say.

God says so.

Myth is history without any way to verify its veracity. One can only say that there is a probablitiy that they existed.

Odion has already essentially stated my reply :D BTW, your faith is also myth without any way to verify it. I do not fear at all, my Gods will certainly not stand before yours, except perhaps if yours is foolish enough to actually try starting Ragnarok, as Revelations seems to say. My Gods win that one. It is already written.

Last edited:

CynthiaCypher

Odion has already essentially stated my reply :D BTW, your faith is also myth without any way to verify it. I do not fear at all, my Gods will certainly not stand before yours, except perhaps if yours is foolish enough to actually try starting Ragnarok, as Revelations seems to say. My Gods win that one. It is already written.

So it's going to be Thor vs. Jesus?