• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Challenge for those that believe in billions of years for the age of things. Give anything that is more than 6000 years old. NO ASSUMPTIONS ALLOWED.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

also see Robert Gentry’s book Creation’s Tiny Mystery .

also see Thousands Not Billions by Don DeYoung

Also see The Young Earth … by John Morris.

Gold sites include
AnswersInGenesis.org
icr.org
creation.com
creationtoday.org

There are many other young earth creation books and sites.
I said reliable. That does not mean idiots, loons, and liars. None of your sources can come.close to passing peer review. Most of them can be and have been refuted by bright high school students.

You need to find someone that won't get you laughed at.

As to sites you need to find sites that do not require their employees to not use the scientific method.

Workers have to swear an oath that they will not follow the scientific method.

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
And they are all dishonest. This is obvious from their own statements of faith or core principles, or whatever they call them.

They start with the assumption of the truth of their interpretation of a book of old myths and then try to make the evidence fit. The exact opposite of science. Anybody who uses that approach and then tells you that they are doing science is lying.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member

Note, deceived scientists using the circular reasoning of the no God assumption are not good enough.

Another dishonest PRATT from another fundie propaganda site

Yawn

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Gold sites include
AnswersInGenesis.org
icr.org
creation.com
creationtoday.org

Indeed, there are many.

All of them liars arguing strawmen and falsehoods.
None providing actual evidence. None publishing in scientific journals. None doing actual science.

All of them, bar none, doing not but spread religious propaganda while lying about the actual science.

SavedByTheLord

Indeed, there are many.

All of them liars arguing strawmen and falsehoods.
None providing actual evidence. None publishing in scientific journals. None doing actual science.

All of them, bar none, doing not but spread religious propaganda while lying about the actual science.
That is pretty harsh words.
Can you prove that?

I believe that people are deceived by the great deceiver.

ratiocinator

That is pretty harsh words.
Can you prove that?
As I said in #2,163 if they start with a faith based conclusion and then tell you they are doing science, that is a lie. That is not science. I have also yet to see a creationist source that doesn't use straw man arguments.

If literal 6000 years ago, six day creationism is true, then your god is a deceiver....

SavedByTheLord

As I said in #2,163 if they start with a faith based conclusion and then tell you they are doing science, that is a lie. That is not science. I have also yet to see a creationist source that doesn't use straw man arguments.

If literal 6000 years ago, six day creationism is true, then your god is a deceiver....
Not when He wrote it clearly in the word of God.
The scientists are fooled with the no God assumption which leads to the no Satan assumption

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Not in the King James Bible.
The word slave only appears 2 times in the King James Bible and in neither of them does the word of God condone slavery.
So no the poster did not literally do that.
Your denial of it doesn't change the fact that it happened.
We can all clearly read what it says and notice that the God of the Bible condones slavery.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
A servant is not a slave.
There are many people who today work as a servant.
ask them if they are a slave.
A person who is owned as property is a slave.
Not a servant who can come and go as they please.
But a slave, who is owned and bought and sold as property, as the Bible describes.

Leviticus 25:44-46

King James Version

44 Both thy bondmen, and thy bondmaids, which thou shalt have, shall be of the heathen that are round about you; of them shall ye buy bondmen and bondmaids.
45 Moreover of the children of the strangers that do sojourn among you, of them shall ye buy, and of their families that are with you, which they begat in your land: and they shall be your possession.
46 And ye shall take them as an inheritance for your children after you, to inherit them for a possession; they shall be your bondmen for ever: but over your brethren the children of Israel, ye shall not rule one over another with rigour.

ratiocinator

Not when He wrote it clearly in the word of God.
What evidence do you have that the bible is the word of any god?

If the bible creation account is supposed to be taken literally, that unambiguously makes any god whose word it is a liar. It either lied in the bible or it lied in the clear evidence we find in 'its creation'.

The scientists are fooled with the no God assumption...
No such thing in science. The creationists are the ones who start with assumptions. That's why they are not real scientists.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
But call them bondmen and bondwomen.

Anything else that you find remiss in the King James Bible?

BTW,
It is a cosmic mess out there.
Venus rotating the wrong way.
Uranus rotating on its side.
Galaxy 4266 with its arms leading the galaxies rotation not trailing it.
Titan retrograde.

And this is just a small sample of this.
Your desperate attempt to change the subject is duly noted.

ratiocinator

I just asked that you use the word that the King James Bible uses.
Instead of the modern word that honestly conveys the meaning of what the KJV describes. I know. I'm siding with honest communication and you with archaic language that doesn't properly convey the meaning in today's English.

I thought your god liked honesty....?

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
That could include you. What makes you think that Jesus is not a Satan lie intended to damn as many people as possible?
I am sure you also noticed a pretty big change of attitude from the God of the OT.

Honestly, if I had been Satan, I would have done exactly that.

Ciao

- viuoleviole

SavedByTheLord

That could include you. What makes you think that Jesus is not a Satan lie intended to damn as many people as possible?
I am sure you also noticed a pretty big change of attitude from the God of the OT.

Honestly, if I had been Satan, I would have done exactly that.

Ciao

- viuoleviole
I believe the word of God.