• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

christainity depends the bible being historic factural

Tiberius

Christian faith is dependent upon the bible being a historic fact.

1. Jesus was cruxified...and died for our sins
2. Jesus raised himself from the dead.
3. Jesus was deity

christianity cannot be a philosophy like budism...because christianity
depends upon that Jesus dying on the cross and raising himself from the dead is
a historic fact.

Christianity arguements start with biblical archaeology. Historian research of ancient document (where ordinary people do not read material of this kind).

I'd agree that Christianity starts with the assumption that the Bible (or at least, the main parts of it) are factual accounts.

However, I disagree with the claim that Christianity arguments start with Biblical archaeology. In my experience, they start off with the assumption that the events described in the Bible really happened.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I'd agree that Christianity starts with the assumption that the Bible (or at least, the main parts of it) are factual accounts.

However, I disagree with the claim that Christianity arguments start with Biblical archaeology. In my experience, they start off with the assumption that the events described in the Bible really happened.

Well...it started during the life of the Carpenter.
It took off as a religion shortly after He died.

It would then be difficult to say He never lived.
The religion seems wrapped around His teachings and His death.

So I don't see what artifacts have to do with it.
No one is going to find that Cross....or the nails.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Well...it started during the life of the Carpenter.
It took off as a religion shortly after He died.

It would then be difficult to say He never lived.
The religion seems wrapped around His teachings and His death.

So I don't see what artifacts have to do with it.
No one is going to find that Cross....or the nails.

Or it started as a myth regarding a carpenter/sorcerer.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Disciples are not allowed to quote the Teacher?
And your doubt is aimed to whom?

Actually we don't even know for sure anything that any of his disciples said. All we really have is people who claim that his disciples claimed that Jesus said something.

And I am not sure we even have that.

Last edited:

nazz

Doubting Thomas
fantôme profane;3487830 said:
Actually we don't even know for sure anything that any of his disciples said. All we really have is people who claim that his disciples claimed that Jesus said something. And I am not sure we even have that.

Of course we cannot be 100% certain (that is for fundamentalists). But I am reasonably certain that what we have in the gospels is a fairly reliable record of the teachings of Jesus. And this is based on critical examination of the gospels themselves.

Tiberius

Actually we don't even know for sure anything that any of his disciples said. All we really have is people who claim that his disciples claimed that Jesus said something.

I'd be surprised if we have anything that can be connected to anyone who had even the remotest connection with Jesus.

Thief

Rogue Theologian

So perhaps this thread and others like it focus too much on The Son of Man....
Not enough on the content of His handiwork.

After all, as we stand before heaven....
will they not ask what you have to say?.....before they ask you to follow.

yoda89

On Xtended Vacation
So perhaps this thread and others like it focus too much on The Son of Man....
Not enough on the content of His handiwork.

After all, as we stand before heaven....
will they not ask what you have to say?.....before they ask you to follow.

If this is handiwork. Well, lets just say he probably is not the brightest 'god' in the box. The horrible things happening. He's a narcissistic. Don't get me wrong some of the country's most successful companies are run by narcissists. The downside? Temper tantrums, unreasonable expectations, shocking selfishness and a complete inability to engage in teamwork. Narcissists desperately need other people to validate their own worth. He has to be the center or attention and you shouldn't cross him.

So I would say your a horrible god and a narcissist. If you weren't too busy demanding to be the center of attention you could help fix what you created. Then I would ask him to send me to hell. To go hang out with the guy who couldn't put up with his BS either. I would not want to spend an entirety watching people kissing some guys butt so he could be happy with himself.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
If this is handiwork. Well, lets just say he probably is not the brightest 'god' in the box. The horrible things happening. He's a narcissistic. Don't get me wrong some of the country's most successful companies are run by narcissists. The downside? Temper tantrums, unreasonable expectations, shocking selfishness and a complete inability to engage in teamwork. Narcissists desperately need other people to validate their own worth. He has to be the center or attention and you shouldn't cross him.

So I would say your a horrible god and a narcissist. If you weren't too busy demanding to be the center of attention you could help fix what you created. Then I would ask him to send me to hell. To go hang out with the guy who couldn't put up with his BS either. I would not want to spend an entirety watching people kissing some guys butt so he could be happy with himself.

So...you HAVE read the parable of the wedding feast?

On the other hand....
If you worry that God might be a bit self-centered.....
wait til you meet the 'other' guy!

And what do you think they spend their time doing in hell?
kissing butt maybe?

yoda89

On Xtended Vacation
So...you HAVE read the parable of the wedding feast?

On the other hand....
If you worry that God might be a bit self-centered.....
wait til you meet the 'other' guy!

And what do you think they spend their time doing in hell?
kissing butt maybe?

The matter of the fact is that one of them is dangling a bright golden key in front of your face. He's saying accept my boy as your lord and savior and Ill give you a key to the chains Ive put you in. If you don't I'm sorry but I'm sending you somewhere you will have eternal suffering. But it's okay I love you and I put you in these chains for your own good. So do what I say or else.

:preach:

But your god is bipolar too. He sends rapists and serial killers to heaven if they confess theirs sins. Hitler confessed and he is probably up their waiting for you with his good Christian self.

Pretty much anyone who isn't Christian would be in hell that's a plus. Attractive adventurous women and every great rock band. But I'm guessing I hate god festivals and satan is awesome festivals. Maybe I can drive the bus to it.

:band::drunk::drunk::highfive:

But you be a good little boy. Believe in the accuracy of it all as you have in your comments. Pray everyday so you can get your friend to like you and give you the keys to those chains. I'll be an awful one who doesn't believe it is all inaccurate and he's just a fable and BS. Then I'll go to hell a

:fork:

Last edited:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
The matter of the fact is that one of them is dangling a bright golden key in front of your face. He's saying accept my boy as your lord and savior and Ill give you a key to the chains Ive put you in. If you don't I'm sorry but I'm sending you somewhere you will have eternal suffering. But it's okay I love you and I put you in these chains for your own good. So do what I say or else.

:preach:

But your god is bipolar too. He sends rapists and serial killers to heaven if they confess theirs sins. Hitler confessed and he is probably up their waiting for you with his good Christian self.

Pretty much anyone who isn't Christian would be in hell that's a plus. Attractive adventurous women and every great rock band. But I'm guessing I hate god festivals and satan is awesome festivals. Maybe I can drive the bus to it.

:band::drunk::drunk::highfive:

But you be a good little boy. Believe in the accuracy of it all as you have in your comments. Pray everyday so you can get your friend to like you and give you the keys to those chains. I'll be an awful one who doesn't believe it is all inaccurate and he's just a fable and BS. Then I'll go to hell a

:fork:

Well apparently.....you haven't read the parable of the wedding feast after all...

Thief

Rogue Theologian
That's another topic.

For now....Christian faith doesn't not require historic factual ...anything.

Faith requires no proving.

But my persuasion is a bit different.
The Carpenter is my inspiration.
And I see it most likely the parables are the handiwork of that one Inspiration.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
That's another topic.

And I see it most likely the parables are the handiwork of that one Inspiration.

This is true - as far as it goes - as faith in ANY religion does not require any facts.

However - when it goes beyond your personal beliefs - and you tell other people that your religion is the only true one - and they will be tortured forever if they don't believe in it - you had better have real tangible PROOF.

It also makes sense to have some real proof if you are going to be arguing for an invisible god on debate forums.

yoda89

On Xtended Vacation
That's another topic.

Neither do imaginary friends. Why do you fear death? Now Tell me what would you do if there is no God?

Yeah that's the problem. Seems everything else does.

Do you mean the band or Tim Allen from home improvement?

I see it as inaccurate and little disturbing.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
This is true - as far as it goes - as faith in ANY religion does not require any facts.

However - when it goes beyond your personal beliefs - and you tell other people that your religion is the only true one - and they will be tortured forever if they don't believe in it - you had better have real tangible PROOF.

It also makes sense to have some real proof if you are going to be arguing for an invisible god on debate forums.

Circular demand for proof....
Faith needs no proving....and I have no religion anyway.

As for sound reason....cause and effect.

The universe is the effect and God is the Cause.