• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

christainity depends the bible being historic factural

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Ingledsva said:
You don't seem to understand what I am saying.

1.The Hebrew expected a messiah with certain prophecies.
2. The Christian story wants us to believe Jesus is real - and THE PROPHESIED MESSIAH.
3. If so he has to fit the prophecies of BOTH Spiritual and Warrior King.
4. We know that we don't have all of the stories about him, but that is beside the point - as they try to fulfill the prophesy by having him a Spiritual King on earth - and coming back as the sword in hand warrior King.
1. I understand the confusion.
The Jews wanted a king on earth....Judea on high.
The early Christians wanted the same....but without the Pharisees or Romans in charge.

And here we are centuries later still kicking the idea back and forth.

Of Himself He did say....brother and fellow servant.
And He never wanted a crown on His head.
And He told His disciples the kingdom is not of this world.

2. I suppose....you are seeking judgment?
Would that be for you?
Or unto all others that do not agree?

1. There is no confusion - what I said is correct.

2. You seem to be confusing me with a Christian. I'm not.

allright

fantôme profane;3479394 said:
But we don't actually know that Jesus said any of those things. We only know that authors writing decades after his death, who had never met him, report that he said these things.

hogwash

Thief

Rogue Theologian
1. There is no confusion - what I said is correct.

2. You seem to be confusing me with a Christian. I'm not.

More confusion....and I don't use the label either.

Are we agreed?.....He is not a king.

And judgment falls to all that stand from the dust.
I believe the angels will be there waiting and watching.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Thats the exact word that people who have made a historical study of the bible use to describe what they find!
Is it really?

I find that fascinating. Could you give us the name of a historical scholar who has made an in depth study of the Bible who uses a word like "hogwash" to describe it?

Just because something is not completely historically accurate does not make it hogwash. No one who has really studied the Bible can honestly say it is accurate or even internally consistent. But no one who has studied the Bible in as serious scholarly way could ever describe it as "hogwash" either.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
fantôme profane;3479394 said:
But we don't actually know that Jesus said any of those things. We only know that authors writing decades after his death, who had never met him, report that he said these things.
hogwash
No - just an uncomfortable truth. But, if you close your eyes and stomp your feet maybe - just maybe - it will go away. :)

kjw47

fantôme profane;3480680 said:
Is it really?

I find that fascinating. Could you give us the name of a historical scholar who has made an in depth study of the Bible who uses a word like "hogwash" to describe it?

Just because something is not completely historically accurate does not make it hogwash. No one who has really studied the Bible can honestly say it is accurate or even internally consistent. But no one who has studied the Bible in as serious scholarly way could ever describe it as "hogwash" either.

Some translations contain many errors--they are way out of harmony with the teachings of Jesus.
But those in the light can see the events of Daniel-revelation, passing before our eyes, but as Jesus taught--As in the days of Noah, the world took no note, Why? because they were not in the light. teachers of darkness crept in and formed the great apostasy. Gods word is not hogwash--mistranslating of it can be though.

No offense intended. Just another "translation" that has been changed to conform to a particular sect or a particular belief. Lots of those out there. Neither historical nor accurate.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Some translations contain many errors--they are way out of harmony with the teachings of Jesus.
But those in the light can see the events of Daniel-revelation, passing before our eyes, but as Jesus taught--As in the days of Noah, the world took no note, Why? because they were not in the light. teachers of darkness crept in and formed the great apostasy. Gods word is not hogwash--mistranslating of it can be though.
People have been saying this for centuries.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
More confusion....and I don't use the label either.

Are we agreed?.....He is not a king.

NO, they obviously thought of him as a King. They call him such in many verses - some of which I have shown.

And judgment falls to all that stand from the dust.
I believe the angels will be there waiting and watching.

Not a Christian - and don't believe in angels - especially "waiting" angels.

Thief

Rogue Theologian

Well...He didn't go along with it.

As for Angels.....top of the line life form are we?
Not expecting anything greater?

No afterlife at all?

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Ingledsva said:
Well...He didn't go along with it.

As for Angels.....top of the line life form are we?
Not expecting anything greater?

No afterlife at all?

As I said - I am not a Christian.

Also I do not believe ANY religion is from God/Gods.

I do not know if there - IS - or IS NOT - a Deity.