• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christian Wicca

Pardus

Proud to be a Sinner.
It's not black or white, sometimes judgements are nessicary, tho broad sweeping judgements are generally wrong.

Darkdale

World Leader Pretend
Pardus said:
It's not black or white, sometimes judgements are nessicary, tho broad sweeping judgements are generally wrong.

Yes. Most judgments made outside of the application of reason are usually wrong, but that doesn't mean we don't have a right to make them. We all have the right to be wrong. :) We even have the right to be fools. "You have not right to judge me" is a cry from whom? Why be afraid of the judgments of others? It makes no sense to me.

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
I agree with Mike. You can form an opinion of someone, but passing judgement is wrong. Of course, you can do as you wish, pass judgement on who ever when ever you please. In the long run, the only person you end up hurting is yourself. But where getting off topic. Maybe start a new thread? Seriously, might be interesting.

Fluffy

A fool
Yes. Most judgments made outside of the application of reason are usually wrong, but that doesn't mean we don't have a right to make them. We all have the right to be wrong. :) We even have the right to be fools. "You have not right to judge me" is a cry from whom? Why be afraid of the judgments of others? It makes no sense to me.
It is an attempt to pass on the advice that a reserved judgement is always better than an immediate one. The person who came up with it was probably aware of the sheep mentality of any body of people and so took it to an extreme so that it would at least have some effect in a diluted sort of way.

Darkdale

World Leader Pretend
Fluffy said:
It is an attempt to pass on the advice that a reserved judgement is always better than an immediate one. The person who came up with it was probably aware of the sheep mentality of any body of people and so took it to an extreme so that it would at least have some effect in a diluted sort of way.

Well said.

TheGreaterGame

Mike182 said:
not to offend you, but i think anyone who is offended by people walking a spiritual path is either narrow minded, or ignorant of the truth behind that particular spiritual path

i am sure you are not narrow minded, so perhaps you would simply like to learn about the blending of the two religions?
Not to offend you, but I think anyone who is offended by a person who is offended by people walking a spiritual path whom you conclude (based upon your vast expericance . . . I'm sure) are narrow minded, or ignorant of the truth that may or may not be truthful spirituality . . .

Frankly, I'm offended that you are offended at the offense that was apparently made . . . oh how I hate Political correctness and equal ideas . . . when so many greater ideas and truth crush and break the backs of other ideas . . . tsk tsk

TheGreaterGame

jgallandt said:
I agree with Mike. You can form an opinion of someone, but passing judgement is wrong. Of course, you can do as you wish, pass judgement on who ever when ever you please. In the long run, the only person you end up hurting is yourself. But where getting off topic. Maybe start a new thread? Seriously, might be interesting.
Maybe it is a deep part of someones religious practice to make harsh criticisms of other religions . . . I mean that may be the way they express true worship to there God . . . perhaps passing judgement is of great value to that persons individual worship . . . and your standing in that persons way . . . aren't those persons ideas, specifically passing judgement--valid.:bounce

Fluffy

A fool
Maybe it is a deep part of someones religious practice to make harsh criticisms of other religions . . . I mean that may be the way they express true worship to there God . . . perhaps passing judgement is of great value to that persons individual worship . . . and your standing in that persons way . . . aren't those persons ideas, specifically passing judgement--valid.:bounce
Only if you were to be purely objective about it and remove all secondary considerations. It is not necessary to do that, however, in a forum which makes certain secondary considerations mandatory and in a culture that accepts enough secondary considerations so as to make debate meaningful.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Pardus said:
Well i think i'll just start calling you guys josephians, that'll settle most things.
thats fine by me, but i think ill carry on calling myself a christian wiccan :bounce

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
Mike182 said:
thats fine by me, but i think ill carry on calling myself a christian wiccan :bounce
I know someone in another forum that calls Christians Xians. It does not change the fact that they are still Christians. It's just disrespectful, which it turn, is just a reflection of himself.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
jgallandt said:
I know someone in another forum that calls Christians Xians. It does not change the fact that they are still Christians. It's just disrespectful, which it turn, is just a reflection of himself.
:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

i read that to say Xinas, which in turn lead me to think of Zina, warrior princess!

Darkdale

World Leader Pretend
TheGreaterGame said:

The debate here, in this thread, has not about about anyone's religion, but rather the language they use to label it.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Darkdale said:
The debate here, in this thread, has not about about anyone's religion, but rather the language they use to label it.
Is that important ? I call myself a Christian, but the way some Christians behave make me think twice about doing so............

I do notice, in you, a kind of resentment about this whole subject, and I don't think I have yet understood why that is...

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
michel said:
Is that important ? I call myself a Christian, but the way some Christians behave make me think twice about doing so............

I do notice, in you, a kind of resentment about this whole subject, and I don't think I have yet understood why that is...
Bingo! That's the 64,000 dollar question. Frubals to you when I pass some more out! :D

mr.guy

crapsack
Darkdale said:
So you insist, darkdale. I'll beleive it when you're willing to explain the where and how.

Darkdale

World Leader Pretend
mr.guy said:
So you insist, darkdale. I'll beleive it when you're willing to explain the where and how.

When have I said that "Christian Wiccan" beliefs were wrong or bad? I haven't. All I've been discussing is the language they use to call themselves. You are the ones making it into a bigger deal and getting all touchy about it.

Darkdale

World Leader Pretend
michel said:

It's not that important, but it is worth discussing (though, it has proved somewhat pointless).

michel said:

What does that matter? What does that have to do with this conversation?

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Darkdale said:
It's not that important, but it is worth discussing (though, it has proved somewhat pointless).

What does that matter? What does that have to do with this conversation?
I was trying to understand why you think as you do.

Darkdale

World Leader Pretend
michel said:
I was trying to understand why you think as you do.

Well, on the issue of language I've been perfectly clear. I don't see how my feelings about other people's religions is important. The only religion I'm really in a position to talk about my feelings on is my own.