• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Citing staffing issues and political climate, North Idaho hospital will no longer deliver babies.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Sounds like you're either being disingenuous or have ****-poor reading comprehension.

The imbecilic republicans' war on women made their routine practice too legally risky.

Let's not crawl on our belly to lick theocratic boots. Let's be better.
Prove that you actually give a **** about freedom. That or just drop the facade already.
No. I still think its over revenue and I hate the nanny state just as much.

Thank you.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Yeah medical debt is a foreign concept to me.
So awful living in my commie country
The right here uses religion and patriotism as forms of propaganda to deceive and manipulate dopey, slack-jawed yokels into voting against their own interests.
Not too long ago I read about someone blaming Biden for not being able to afford insulin, even though it was the republicans who shot down a proposed price cap.

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
Sounds like you're either being disingenuous or have ****-poor reading comprehension.

The imbecilic republicans' war on women made their routine practice too legally risky.

Let's not crawl on our belly to lick theocratic boots. Let's be better.
Prove that you actually give a **** about freedom. That or just drop the facade already.
It's really odd to see conservatives try and pretend like the decision had absolutely nothing to do with ID's anti-abortion law, despite the very clear statements from staff and the hospital itself that it did. It's like they wanted to have it both ways....pass very restrictive anti-abortion laws while being exempt from any consequences that followed.

Their party has been running on limiting/banning abortion for decades, and now that they're actually doing it they don't seem to want to own it.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Oh….
Okay that makes sense, unfortunately.
Ngl, I fear for you guys right now
Seriously wtf is going on over there??!!!
One party sold its soul to special interests. Special interests are a lot like the mythical Satan. If you sell your soul to them they will deliver, but the cost is always much higher than if you had not. The Republicans sold their soul to the antiabortion nuts, to the gun nuts. to the homophobes. And now they are beginning to see the cost of that "success". Rather than working a bit harder and developing conservative programs that would help America they only attacked the ideas of the left in any way that they could. They have banned abortions and won't pay for medical care. Doctors are forced to leave to make a living and now there are going to be areas without doctors because Republicans drove them away.

Shaul

Premium Member
How do you account for:

"Dr. Amelia Huntsberger, an obstetrician-gynecologist at Bonner General Health, said in an email to States Newsroom that she will soon leave the hospital and the state because of the abortion laws as well as the Idaho Legislature’s decision not to continue the state’s maternal mortality review committee.

“What a sad, sad state of affairs for our community,” Huntsberger wrote."
I account for it as the opinion of someone making rationalizations and justifications. Dr. Huntsberger wasn't getting the $$$ she wanted. So she took a cheap shot at the anti-abortion crowd on her way out. If there was a market for her services she wouldn't be leaving. And the reason there isn't a market is (again) due to demographics, not anti-abortion laws. It has less to do with truth and more to do with greedy self interest. But she's a baby killer and doesn't want to lose the $$$. I would expect it.

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
I account for it as the opinion of someone making rationalizations and justifications. Dr. Huntsberger wasn't getting the $$$ she wanted. So she took a cheap shot at the anti-abortion crowd on her way out. If there was a market for her services she wouldn't be leaving. And the reason there isn't a market is (again) due to demographics, not anti-abortion laws. It has less to do with truth and more to do with greedy self interest. But she's a baby killer and doesn't want to lose the $$$. I would expect it.
Sheesh dude, you're ignoring the statement from the hospital itself, where they specifically state that ID's anti-abortion law was a factor in their decision. Even Faux News admits as much.

If you are a conservative who's been in favor of anti-abortion laws, why can't you own it?

Shaul

Premium Member
Sheesh dude, you're ignoring the statement from the hospital itself, where they specifically state that ID's anti-abortion law was a factor in their decision.

If you are a conservative who's been in favor of anti-abortion laws, why can't you own it?
Yes, I am. Because it is based on bias on their part. The obstetricians are leaving to go to other locations. They are following the $$$. Because they won't be able to do the more expensive procedures. They are bitter about losing a source of income. That's it. Again, this isn't about abortion. It is about greedy doctors.

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
Yes, I am. Because it is based on bias on their part. The obstetricians are leaving to go to other locations. They are following the $$$. Because they won't be able to do the more expensive procedures. They are bitter about losing a source of income. That's it. Again, this isn't about abortion. It is about greedy doctors.
Because you say so? Do you live there? Do you know the people involved? Why specifically should anyone go with your mere say-so over the statements from the actual people involved?

Shaul

Premium Member
Because you say so? Do you live there? Do you know the people involved? Why specifically should anyone go with your mere say-so over the statements from the actual people involved?
Because the number of births is down in Sandpoint. It says so right in the article. The census bureau reports the child bearing population there is falling and will continue to fall. If there isn't enough work to justify the staff, you cut the staff. It is basic economics.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Because the number of births is down in Sandpoint. It says so right in the article. The census bureau reports the child bearing population there is falling and will continue to fall. If there isn't enough work to justify the staff, you cut the staff. It is basic economics.

To be fair. If my state banned abortion, I don’t think I’d be in a hurry to get pregnant.
Too many things can go wrong and if the doctors can’t help you due to the law
Well, it’s time to pack your bags

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
Because the number of births is down in Sandpoint. It says so right in the article.
Yes, the statement from the hospital says that as well, just as they state the ID's anti-abortion laws are also a factor. You do realize that multiple factors can play into a decision, yes?

The census bureau reports the child bearing population there is falling and will continue to fall. If there isn't enough work to justify the staff, you cut the staff. It is basic economics.
But you didn't really answer my question. Do you think the people at the hospital are lying when they said ID's anti-abortion laws were a factor in their decision? If so, do you have evidence to support that accusation, or are you just expecting folks here to take your word for it?