• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Could Nothingness Be Another Dimension In And Of Itself?

godnotgod

Thou art That
tumblr_inline_nxucujDXfU1qcq9mp_500.gif

You are really such a charmer.

So instead of being 'charmed', why don't you simply awaken?

godnotgod

Thou art That
It's obviously part of being "ultra-spiritual". :p

You and the mouse keep missing the point, but at least you both are consistent, square pegs having been driven into round holes as you both are, smug and secure in your materialist paradigm cubby holes. How many times does the Buddha have to tell you?:

'Buddha Mind and Ordinary Mind are not different'

...and...

'Before Enlightenment, sweeping the floor;
after Enlightenment, sweeping the floor'

...or peeling the potatoes, or washing the dishes, etc.

Unification

Basically the elements we know are created through nucleo-synthesis in stars, which also produce light. Do you agree with this, and if not, why not?

I'm not seeing the relevance of condensed matter physics to your reification of light, could you explain?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Condensed_matter_physics

Of course I agree with that, there is nothing wrong with that. Where I disagree is the very limited and confined use of "light." There are waves and frequencies of invisible light we'll never be able to visibly see, test, outside of experience the effects.

Of all the forms of radiation and light on the electromagnetic spectrum, humans can only visibly see a very small amount of light.

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2014/may/18/matter-light-photons-electrons-positrons

http://m.phys.org/news/2013-09-scientists-never-before-seen.html

godnotgod

Thou art That
Oh, I see. Yes, what we seem to have is people making factual statements about things which are not facts at all, just personal beliefs or speculations.

Such ignorance and recalcitrance!

Now tell me: When the Buddha declared that he had achieved Supreme Enlightenment, was this just a personal belief or speculation? Don't evade the question, as you always do.

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
'Before Enlightenment, sweeping the floor;
after Enlightenment, sweeping the floor'

Zen enlightenment has nothing to do with your bizarre new-age version of Hinduism. And for the umpteenth time The Heart Sutra, a pivotal Mahayana text, directly contradicts your belief in "cosmic consciousness".

Unification

And a direct proof of what I was saying. Go figure.

BTW: You made me look up Reification. After pondering the meaning the word it certainly seems appropriate in your conversation with Unification.

Why and how do they seem appropriate outside of your opinion? Enlighten me on light, bodhisattva.

godnotgod

Thou art That
Zen enlightenment has nothing to do with your bizarre new-age version of Hinduism. And for the umpteenth time The Heart Sutra, a pivotal Mahayana text, directly contradicts your belief in "cosmic consciousness".

You just don't know how to read, that's all, but a topic for another thread.

Again, you missed the mark by a mile.

My point was that 'ultra-spiritual' was not the consideration; that the miraculous and the ordinary are one and the same. But you still don't get that, do you, and the reason you don't is simply because you continue to cling to your dualistic notions about Reality, such as 'ultra-spiritual' vs. 'not-ultra-spiritual'. What kind of Buddhism are you practicing, anyway? You have learned nothing in your 35 years of running around from one Buddhist sect to another. Now go to your room!

Unification

I've been using it in the sense of making something into a God equivalent.

You're correct.. YOU have. I've never brought anything up about the mere word "god." Your imagination.

If the universe has always existed, obviously it's energy that is eternal, omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent.

Rick O'Shez

You're correct.. YOU have. I've never brought anything up about the mere word "god." Your imagination.
If the universe has always existed, obviously it's energy that is eternal, omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent.

Your use of "eternal, omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent" here is revealing.

Unification

Basically the elements we know are created through nucleo-synthesis in stars, which also produce light. Do you agree with this, and if not, why not?

I'm not seeing the relevance of condensed matter physics to your worship of light, could you explain?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Condensed_matter_physics

"Worship" of light. Let's reason without imagining things that aren't there. I think that you're reifying the situation.

Rick O'Shez

"Worship" of light. Let's reason without imagining things that aren't there. I think that you're reifying the situation.

But you do seem to worship light. Anyway I don't think you've made a convincing case for your devotion, light is cool but it's basically still just light, photons,

Unification

Your use of "eternal, omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent" here is revealing.

You hear words, and auto-assume all sorts of imagination. Again, my condolences if words offend you and stimulate imaginations due to a conditioning in mind.

Would....not applicable to time/always existing, containing all of the knowledge, present everywhere, and the power of the universe please you more?

If that's not energy, what is?

Last edited:

godnotgod

Thou art That
The Heart Sutra, a pivotal Mahayana text, directly contradicts your belief in "cosmic consciousness".

No, the problem is that you are in denial of what the Heart Sutra actually means, as you know it intellectually only, and not experientially. You are reading it through the filter of your limited mind that is 'self-view':

HeartSutraScrnsht.png

https://books.google.com/books?id=DjkPIs7ZxrQC&pg=PT5&lpg=PT5&dq=the+heart+sutra+and+cosmic+consciousness&source=bl&ots=4-1MdsFFrT&sig=xU_sMOVcp3KF3nilJ2EQqNEr7LQ&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjYqq7Jj7TJAhVQXIgKHayBA38Q6AEINjAF#v=onepage&q=the heart sutra and cosmic consciousness&f=false

The Heart Sutra is saying the same thing as The Yoga Sutra of Patanjali, namely, that 'yoga [ie; divine union] is the cessation of all of the activities of the mind'.

Unification

But you do seem to worship light. Anyway I don't think you've made a convincing case for your devotion, light is cool but it's basically still just light, photons,

More reifying the reasoning. Stating scientific properties and characteristics of light are not "worship."

I'm not here to please your needs or convince your terms, please don't reify yourself. I'm here to reason, and some only know how to with mostly opinion and cheap talk.

godnotgod

Thou art That
You hear words, and auto-assume all sorts of imagination.

You hit the nail on the head here, as this is EXACTLY what Spiny does all the time!...his imagination working overtime, spurred as it is by his suspicions and fears, as he clings for safety and security to his doctrines and other 'safe' teachings.

Unification

If you don't like buzz words, why do you use them? "Umpteenth," "Heart sutra's," "mahayana," "zen," "enlightenment."