• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Could Nothingness Be Another Dimension In And Of Itself?

Papoon

Oh, I see. Yes, what we seem to have is people making factual statements about things which are not facts at all, just personal beliefs or speculations.
Such as 'space', 'time', 'location', 'consciousness' and 'ojjectivity'.

?

And especially, ',truth'.

Unification

You hit the nail on the head here, as this is EXACTLY what Spiny does all the time!...his imagination working overtime, spurred as it is by his suspicions and fears, as he clings for safety and security to his doctrines and other 'safe' teachings.

Well, I suppose he may be experiencing just vague/cool/dull/ordinary light as opposed to the pure light that would enable his mind to realize this.

First, all is mind which is consciousness to him... but then he says that's reified. Then he speaks of enlightenment and reduces light to just light and says that's reified. Pointing this out seems to do little, one only sees what they're ready to see and hears what they're ready to hear. Nothing wrong with this, other than reifying the reasoning with auto-assumptions and opinions on others.

Papoon

You could explain the metaphysical process of enlightenment if you'd like, does it even require light?
I like the Tibetan Buddhist use of the word luminosity.
The universe as a purely physical process is like a windowless room without illumination. Everything in the room is present, but not observed/observable.
But the universe IS observed.
Perhaps that is what is being referred to as 'light'.

Unification

You hit the nail on the head here, as this is EXACTLY what Spiny does all the time!...his imagination working overtime, spurred as it is by his suspicions and fears, as he clings for safety and security to his doctrines and other 'safe' teachings.

Most don't like to go beyond their comfort and safe zone. It's painful, the beast within starts to unravel if even mere words are used they don't like. I think it's due to fear and worry of what others of their like-minded intellectual pack will think of them. There is an image to protect.

I love reasoning and being challenged, it's just difficult doing with others who can't stand their own views being challenged.

Four words are brought up describing energy and this conditioned abstract image of "God" is thrown at me as if I said such.

Unification

The universe as a purely physical process is like a windowless room without illumination. Everything in the room is present, but not observed/observable.

I like that too. Our eyes our also photoreceptive which is awesome to see at least a tiny portion of the various spectrum of lights.

I suppose we can't observe the light within, only experience it.

Unification

No, the problem is that you are in denial of what the Heart Sutra actually means, as you know it intellectually only, and not experientially. You are reading it through the filter of your limited mind that is 'self-view':

HeartSutraScrnsht.png

https://books.google.com/books?id=DjkPIs7ZxrQC&pg=PT5&lpg=PT5&dq=the+heart+sutra+and+cosmic+consciousness&source=bl&ots=4-1MdsFFrT&sig=xU_sMOVcp3KF3nilJ2EQqNEr7LQ&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjYqq7Jj7TJAhVQXIgKHayBA38Q6AEINjAF#v=onepage&q=the heart sutra and cosmic consciousness&f=false

The Heart Sutra is saying the same thing as The Yoga Sutra of Patanjali, namely, that 'yoga [ie; divine union] is the cessation of all of the activities of the mind'.

As we see commonly amongst mankind, there is never an interpretation beyond the interpretation that they want to see.

When the mind stands still, it parts and allows this pure light energy to be released. The more purer the seven minds of the body are, the more this latent pure energy is unraveled within.

The bible discusses this in other ways, the parting of the Red Sea, the temple torn in two, after the sun(Eastern sphere) and the moon(western sphere) stand still.

One can meditate all they want with a dirty, haughty, impure heart and mind, and not much if anything will happen. Have to have the pure oil secreted within the body rather than the snake oil.

For me, after the parting and the pure energy has its way, then the Union of the "conscious" and "subconscious" mind take place, or the Western Hemisphere of the brain unites with the Eastern Hemisphere of the brain into one/whole/equilibrium.

godnotgod

Thou art That
For me, after the parting and the pure energy has its way, then the Union of the "conscious" and "subconscious" mind take place, or the Western Hemisphere of the brain unites with the Eastern Hemisphere of the brain into one/whole/equilibrium.

This 'union', or 'merging' is the realization of the unity of all seeming dualities, 'seeming' because they were never separated to begin with. Only the conditioned mind saw them as two. This new vision of unity also applies to local consciousness merging with non-local consciousness, essentially the realization of Universal Consciousness, or as the piece I posted suggests, 'Cosmic Consciousness'. It is the vanishing act of the separate self called 'I' which is an illusion to begin with. This includes the notion of 'the seeker'. Nirvana literally means 'to extinguish', and it is this illusory seeker that ceases its existence. This is what is meant by the Buddhist riddle:

"If you see the Buddha on the road, kill him!",

that is to say: 'If you see the Buddha on the road to becoming a buddha, it is only an illusion.' because your true nature is already that of Buddha.

Last edited:

godnotgod

Thou art That

That it is observed is an indication that our higher state of consciousness is always there, just under the surface of our conditioned mind, in a sort of Yin/Yang relationship. This conditioned mind tends to see the universe as object, rather than how higher consciousness would see it as a single unity to include the observer. The difference between, and similarity of the two views is beautifully expressed by Vivekenanda:

"The Universe is The Absolute, as seen through the glass of Time, Space, and Causation"

Last edited:

Unification

This 'union', or 'merging' is the realization of the unity of all seeming dualities, 'seeming' because they were never separated to begin with. Only the conditioned mind saw them as two. This new vision of unity also applies to local consciousness merging with non-local consciousness, essentially the realization of Universal Consciousness, or as the piece I posted suggests, 'Cosmic Consciousness'. It is the vanishing act of the separate self called 'I' which is an illusion to begin with. This includes the notion of 'the seeker'. Nirvana literally means 'to extinguish', and it is this illusory seeker that ceases its existence. This is what is meant by the Buddhist riddle:

"If you see the Buddha on the road, kill him!",

that is to say: 'If you see the Buddha on the road to becoming a buddha, it is only an illusion.' because your true nature is already that of Buddha.

I understand your language. Extinguish all of the I/ego abstracts and become unified, one with the cosmos/universe.
Those in their I/ego are in slumber, like the walking/breathing/living dead and don't realize it.
While in that I/ego, many are trying to attain the Buddah conscious(enlightenment) by force and on their own terms, rather than dying out to a ton of that own term/me abstract stuff of what they think that they know, having a virgin/pure/clean/clear/still mind, and allowing the pure light/energy within to transform/transcend/liberate/unify the mind and heart. Moreas having a ton of knowledge of what enlightenment means to the point one thinks and assumes they are enlightened without ever directly experiencing/knowing it or being able to explain the metaphysical reality within that they had. One asks about the light energy/aura luminosity that resurrected within them or their experience and have no clue what you're talking about. For those aware, it's very easy to detect/discern the intelligent devices and see the impure fruit. It's a dominant western sphere of the brain with intellect and knowledge, and very very little casting to the right brain sphere where the energy/light comes from. The same folks constantly asking for physical evidence of the metaphysical, yet unable to provide their own metaphysical experience with the light. The same folks spatting that all is mind(which is invisible/metaphysical/abstract) yet only talking about a physical evident and material world.

That is enlightenment, a metaphysical self realization and awareness/to know oneself by the flooding/outpouring of this pure energy that awakens one to how ignorant and hypocritical they've been their entire lives. To feel like a complete moron when awakened and start taming the tongue.

It's no different than the millions of Christians who claim they have the Holy Spirit/whole minded aura but don't. All they have is textual, theological, and doctrinal knowledge.

That true nature is already present within the individual.

Last edited:

godnotgod

Thou art That
While in that I/ego, many are trying to attain the Buddah conscious(enlightenment)....

This is an important point often made in Buddhism, namely, that the heap of delusional thought patterns known as 'I' cannot become the Buddha. That which is imperfect cannot become The Perfection. The seeming paradox is that it already IS The Perfection, playing the character lost in Identification known as the self.

Papoon

This is an important point often made in Buddhism, namely, that the heap of delusional thought patterns known as 'I' cannot become the Buddha.
Yep. There is no 'becoming', an essential point made in the Heart Sutra - 'no path and no attainment'

Straw Dog

It looks like a speculation and misrepresentation competition to me. ;)

In this current assessment, it really does appear to be a conflict between whether we should primarily identify with the left or the right hemispheres of the human brain. The belief that we should have a static state of experience may be the underlying confusion.

godnotgod

Thou art That
In this current assessment, it really does appear to be a conflict between whether we should primarily identify with the left or the right hemispheres of the human brain. The belief that we should have a static state of experience may be the underlying confusion.

No. The conflict is whether the character in Identification is real or not.

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls

I think people are just making stuff up and then pretending it's actually true. It's all horribly confused.

Last edited by a moderator: