• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Darwin movie not showing in America

I see the Darwin movie has been picked up by almost every country in the world except that in America. An American distributer cant be found for this movie as its to controversial for them.

At present 36% of America believe in Darwin but it seems the majority have the right over the minority. If a faith is soooo strong why is it worried people might watch this and convert to a scientific view and base their views on the truth of fact not belief in what you are told is the way things are? Is religion so worried that its support will be lost by people working out things by themselves? Any US citizens that travel outside of the US will get to see how the real world view them, and its sometimes an eye opener.

I never realized how hard Christian belief's were pushed in america to the point where people can influence what they see in a free press, in a country that professes freedom of speech and media.

I understand Darwins theory as i understand the theory of relativity. Each is a theory but each is accepted differently by religion, one conflicts the other does not. Nobody liked the idea that the earth was not in fact flat and that in fact we are on a round planet that orbits around a sun, not as per the common unscientific view that the earth is flat and that the planets revolved around us. When science reveals theory as fact people then move onto the next defense of a religion by stating something else cant be proved, until it is of course.

For me if you believe in god, good for you, dont however tell the rest of the country what to believe, give them the option to look at it then decide themselves. The US is a very worrying country where religion is going a route i find a little disturbing. That goes for any other country where religion is pushed to its public unconditionally. If the American people do not watch how this progresses you will have a religious war between <A religion> and Christian America that will not end in any way but a bad way. Where religion has such a hold on a government its always a bad outcome, that's why the Founding fathers wanted church and state separate.

Last edited:

LittleNipper

I see the Darwin movie has been picked up by almost every country in the world except that in America. An American distributer cant be found for this movie as its to controversial for them.

At present 36% of America believe in Darwin but it seems the majority have the right over the minority. If a faith is soooo strong why is it worried people might watch this and convert to a scientific view and base their views on the truth of fact not belief in what you are told is the way things are? Is religion so worried that its support will be lost by people working out things by themselves? Any US citizens that travel outside of the US will get to see how the real world view them, and its sometimes an eye opener.

I never realized how hard Christian belief's were pushed in america to the point where people can influence what they see in a free press, in a country that professes freedom of speech and media.

I understand Darwins theory as i understand the theory of relativity. Each is a theory but each is accepted differently by religion, one conflicts the other does not. Nobody liked the idea that the earth was not in fact flat and that in fact we are on a round planet that orbits around a sun, not as per the common unscientific view that the earth is flat and that the planets revolved around us. When science reveals theory as fact people then move onto the next defense of a religion by stating something else cant be proved, until it is of course.

For me if you believe in god, good for you, dont however tell the rest of the country what to believe, give them the option to look at it then decide themselves. The US is a very worrying country where religion is going a route i find a little disturbing. That goes for any other country where religion is pushed to its public unconditionally. If the American people do not watch how this progresses you will have a religious war between <A religion> and Christian America that will not end in any way but a bad way. Where religion has such a hold on a government its always a bad outcome, that's why the Founding fathers wanted church and state separate.

The one thing about atheist's. It is more about money and less about message.

Last edited:

Man of Faith

America is different than Europe, it was founded on a belief in a Creator. While Europe empbraces the faith of evolution, I bask in the enjoyment of a Creator.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
America is different than Europe, it was founded on a belief in a Creator. While Europe empbraces the faith of evolution, I bask in the enjoyment of a Creator.
No, it was founded on freedom of conscience, including freedom of religion. There's a BIG difference.

LittleNipper

I assume you meant to type "atheists", but even still - what?

Make money but don't contibute anything to the welfare of society. Schools, hospitals, orphanages, universities, Mother's Day, the Red Cross are all the invention of believers and not atheists (oddly enough).

Jeremiah

" At present 36% of America believe in Darwin"

I would like to see the source to that please.

Kerr

Make money but don't contibute anything to the welfare of society. Schools, hospitals, orphanages, universities, Mother's Day, the Red Cross are all the invention of believers and not atheists (oddly enough).
It is not odd. Just look at history. There where not many atheists back then in position of inventing anything like that. Today is another question, though. I would like to see anything reliable pointing to that atheists only care about money and does not try and make the world a better place.

Last edited:

Kerr

Assuming you mean the US, you cannot compare it like that. The US is a country, Europe is a continent. Besides, ignoring the problem I just mentioned, in what way was we founded on the belief in evolution? Because I am pretty sure the old Inquisition would disagree.

Jeremiah

I would like to see the data to back your claims please.

Mr Cheese

I remember when Gibson's passion movie came out....

All those nuts jobs saying it was great, it accuratly prtrayed Jesus's life
It was like watchign history....

Then I finally watched it.... Including the bit where Jesus invented tables with long legs

LittleNipper

I remember when Gibson's passion movie came out....

All those nuts jobs saying it was great, it accuratly prtrayed Jesus's life
It was like watchign history....

Then I finally watched it.... Including the bit where Jesus invented tables with long legs

I think that bit was a bit of a joke-----unlike many people ,christian's don't mind some humor. There were some "Catholic" influences as well. That in no way makes it a poor film nor takes away from much of the truth portrayed very honestly...