• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did God Create This ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
All great points, but your forgetting that God (Christ) suffered mentally as well, mental anguish (remorse) for all the sins of the world, literally, and bled from every pore because of it.

Have you ever experience extreme mental anguish and remorse, it's nearly unbearable, I've experienced it to a degree that i felt like my head and most of my being was on fire. It lasted for less than a week, but God got his point across to me, either change the path you're on or you'll continue to experience this type of spiritual agony/remorse.

Christ "descended below all things" and has suffered every pain, physical, mental and spiritual pain any man has ever experienced. No mortal man could suffer all he suffered, both in body and spirit and still be alive on the cross.

"It is finished" "Into thy hands I commit my spirit"

Christ said these words, so obviously he had the power to stay alive or die. He chose to live until he had suffered all for us, both physically and mentally/spiritually.

No mortal man could have done this.

Why God set things up this way, we don't know for sure, all we know is that he did.

There must be a human punsishment/sacrifice for sin. God in his mercy took that punishment for us if we decide to turn from sin, otherwise we will suffer as he has suffered. The extent of that suffering we don't know for sure, but there will be an end to it, if we do not commit any unpardonable sins.

I have experienced all of that crap. Mental trauma, bla bla bla. There are other people who have been through some real psychological situations. He suffered mental trauma, but so what? He is God. God can recover from anything. His "sacrifice" wasn't really a sacrifice since it doesn't take any effort on his part. He's a supreme being... He suffers some stuff in human form, then goes on, whatever. It's no big deal at all. There are people who went through some worse trauama, such as Jewish people in concentration camps. All he did was say some stuff, got beaten, and nailed to a cross. There's no super sacrifice in that. If that's the case, then many others could claim to be Jesus for going through some stuff too.

Has he really suffered everything? He is God. Even a mere human life span of pain and agony would be nothing on the cosmic time scale to a being like God. It wouldn't even be a mosquito bite to God. And, yes, there have been people who suffered great great deals, and still survived. You have people who have survived months after a plane crash out in the middle of nowhere. You have people who have been shot multiple times, but still turn out fine. There are people who go public with amazing feats such as surviving being ran over by a steam roller. Mortal men have done much since those times.

We don't know that he did. You think that he might have because a book told you so.

The whole measure of sin is ridiculous, since a true God would not care about the petty doings of mortal people on our plane. Sorry, that God isn't merciful. His sacrifice would be like me sacrificing a strand of hair. That sacrifice did nothing since he is already all powerful, and it would be like nothing to him. If we have to suffer as he has suffered, then to us we would have to suffer for about half a second, because that's what the time span of Jesus would be like to God, and since Jesus is claimed to be God, you get the idea. What would an unpardonable sin be? Why would a being as powerful as God even care what kind of day to day crap we do here on Earth?

Popeyesays

FFH,

I don't buy that Jesus IS God. So your argument falls pretty flat. God cannot suffer death, He is eternal.

Regards,
Scott

Jistyr

Inquisitive Youngin'
What makes her different from any other human?

I think no human was simply created by God. And if you're saying that such beauty could not have come about without divine intervention— you call it beauty; I call it an illusion.

nutshell

I have experienced all of that crap. Mental trauma, bla bla bla. There are other people who have been through some real psychological situations. He suffered mental trauma, but so what? He is God. God can recover from anything. His "sacrifice" wasn't really a sacrifice since it doesn't take any effort on his part. He's a supreme being... He suffers some stuff in human form, then goes on, whatever. It's no big deal at all. There are people who went through some worse trauama, such as Jewish people in concentration camps. All he did was say some stuff, got beaten, and nailed to a cross. There's no super sacrifice in that. If that's the case, then many others could claim to be Jesus for going through some stuff too.

Has he really suffered everything? He is God. Even a mere human life span of pain and agony would be nothing on the cosmic time scale to a being like God. It wouldn't even be a mosquito bite to God. And, yes, there have been people who suffered great great deals, and still survived. You have people who have survived months after a plane crash out in the middle of nowhere. You have people who have been shot multiple times, but still turn out fine. There are people who go public with amazing feats such as surviving being ran over by a steam roller. Mortal men have done much since those times.

We don't know that he did. You think that he might have because a book told you so.

The whole measure of sin is ridiculous, since a true God would not care about the petty doings of mortal people on our plane. Sorry, that God isn't merciful. His sacrifice would be like me sacrificing a strand of hair. That sacrifice did nothing since he is already all powerful, and it would be like nothing to him. If we have to suffer as he has suffered, then to us we would have to suffer for about half a second, because that's what the time span of Jesus would be like to God, and since Jesus is claimed to be God, you get the idea. What would an unpardonable sin be? Why would a being as powerful as God even care what kind of day to day crap we do here on Earth?

Assuming what you say is correct, why would Jesus try to get out of it?

FFH

Veteran Member
Northern Lights photo
2005-09-11_08_aurora01.jpg

Bishka

Veteran Member
Seriously, scale down the pictures or link us to the page where they are found.

Taking up the whole entire screen just for one picture is getting annoying.

rojse

RF Addict
But remember man also can cause ugliness in the physical body, God has nothing to do with that, we can cause ugliness to manifest itself in our physical bodies or we can help create something of beauty..

Rubbish. What about pimples? Moles? Scarring from disease? Birth marks?

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse
I have a better case than any ridiculous ape theory.

Something that beautiful could not have evolved from an ugly hairy ape.
Have you looked at a gorilla lately? They're absolutely gorgeous creatures. I'd rather watch a group of them all day than look at all the airbrushed and photoshopped crap you can dredge up in your search to convince people of proof of god. Or even Gerry Butler in his 300 outfit, and I'd be on that like a rat up a drainpipe.:drool:
Incidentally, this isn't only not working on the atheists to convince them of god, you're not even point scoring from the people who believe in god with this. The benchmark for beauty isn't 'Would I have sex with that?' Frankly if god were watching, I'm fairly sure you'd be making him cringe.

FFH

Veteran Member
What is the purpose of the picture of the northern lights?
Pointing out what I see as God's art, not just in human faces and human bodies, but in all that is in this world and in this universe.

God is the ultimate artist.

Everyone has something in this world they admire or like to look at, God has made it all.

I'm merely pointing out that which I think is God's art, found in this world and in the universe, and giving him the credit, as we all should.

Human faces are among the things I like to look at the most, which God has created, formed and designed.

rocky-mountains-poster.jpg

FFH

Veteran Member
This is not random abstract art, this was created and designed for a purpose.

God's art
FallColor.jpg

Papersock

Lucid Dreamer
So this isn't really suppose to be a debate? You're just showing us stuff?

This is not random abstract art, this was created and designed for a purpose.

God's art

If some alien from another world came here and saw that, not knowing what anything was on our planet, that would probaby look rather abstract to it.

Popeyesays

images.jpg
http://www.rondianetyler.com/images/tornado_pic.jpg

Beauty, even if it is a dread beauty.

And no, I had no other interest in Ron Paul other than the picture.

Regards,
Scott

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
The Law of Fives captures the meaning of this whole thread. :yes:

And would someone please edit those enormous pictures?

FFH

Veteran Member
So this isn't really suppose to be a debate? You're just showing us stuff?
For right now anyway.

Was thinking of researching and posting findings concerning genes and the causes of their various mutations and differences between living things.

If some alien from another world came here and saw that, not knowing what anything was on our planet, that would probaby look rather abstract to it.
An abstract thought in and of itself, not at all based on reality.

FFH

Veteran Member
doppelgänger;1052801 said:
The Law of Fives captures the meaning of this whole thread. :yes:

And would someone please edit those enormous pictures?
If I scale it down you can't see the detail, that's one photo I'ld rather leave full size.

What's the big deal anyway.

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
If I scale it down you can't see the detail, that's one photo I'ld rather leave full size.

What's the big deal anyway.

Just link to a full size image of it for the detail.

It screws up the formatting if I want to read any of the other responses on this page.

Finally, it's courteous to those with smaller screen resolutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.