• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did God Create This ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

nutshell

I was thinking about this thread and realized something: the female models FFH used to open this thread may be too skinny to menstruate. I would never use such an example as evidence of God. The end picture we end up with are the results of society - not God.

Papersock

Lucid Dreamer
An abstract thought in and of itself, not at all based on reality.

It's a thought experiment.
My point was that the only reason we can makes sense of it is because we are familiar with it.
If I just stare at the picture for a while, it does look abstract to me. Like saying the same word over and over until it loses all meaning.

Of course, that doesn't mean it doesn't actually have a function.
And that doesn't necessarily mean it was created by an all-powerful being.

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
The end picture we end up with are the results of society - not God.
The end picture is the result of FFH's personal standards of "beauty," which in this case happen to coincide with heavily reinforced standards in our current culture. To "come out of the world" or "keep one's self free from being polluted by the world" is first and foremost to see the operation of culture playing out and through my own perceptions.

FFH

Veteran Member
doppelgänger;1052826 said:
Just link to a full size image of it for the detail.

It screws up the formatting if I want to read any of the other responses on this page.

Finally, it's courteous to those with smaller screen resolutions.
Okay, will do, maybe. :)

FFH

Veteran Member
It's a thought experiment.
My point was that the only reason we can makes sense of it is because we are familiar with it.
If I just stare at the picture for a while, it does look abstract to me. Like saying the same word over and over until it loses all meaning.

Of course, that doesn't mean it doesn't actually have a function.
And that doesn't necessarily mean it was created by an all-powerful being.
I never really noticed the details in all that was around me until I studied art. It forced me to look at the details and I began to see beauty all around me, whereas someone standing next to me may be obliivious to it.

God's into the details.

God's into form and function. All that is beautiful around us also has a distinct purpose and a funtion.

There is functional art all around us, in living and in non-living things.

Amazing.

Art with a purpose, as well as a gorgeous design.

nutshell

doppelgänger;1052843 said:
The end picture is the result of FFH's personal standards of "beauty," which in this case happen to coincide with heavily reinforced standards in our current culture. To "come out of the world" or "keep one's self free from being polluted by the world" is first and foremost to see the operation of culture playing out and through my own perceptions.

Agreed.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
FFH.....I know you have been busy keeping up with everyone else ....but do you have any picture of of men you find beautiful......Ya know.....the one's God created....?

FFH

Veteran Member
FFH.....I know you have been busy keeping up with everyone else ....but do you have any picture of of men you find beautiful......Ya know.....the one's God created....?
Looking at male models sort of freaks me out, will post something if I come across a male model, though, that does not make me ill.

FFH

Veteran Member
Am I missing something? He's a mormon right? I thought mormons didn't subscribe to trinitarian dogma.....:sarcastic
Jesus is God, God the Son.

I've been through the LDS seminary system, which is a four year program which runs through High School, here in Utah. The LDS church has their own seminary buildings next to each High School, so we would walk over to seminary each day as part of one of our High School periods, and the thing that stuck with me the most, after going through the LDS seminary program, was that Christ is the God of the Old and New Testament, it is he who is speaking throughout the scriptures, not God the Father.

Christ spoke to Moses and gave him the Ten Commandments, Christ created this world and everything in it, including our physical bodies, Christ suffered and died for us.

Christ did all of this under the watchful eye and direction of our Eternal Father in Heaven.

This is LDS doctrine, I have not swayed from that. I know LDS doctrine. I just do out of the ordinary threads, that's all. Just tired of the same old stuff, it can get very boring very fast, talking about the same olds stuff.

Here are the basics of our faith. You don't need to know much more than this, unless you want to be exalted in the highest degree of glory with God the Father and his Son, Jesus Christ, then more needs to be learned and the necessary ordinances performed.

I've done all that is required to be exalted with God, at least up to this point in time. I'm sure there is more I need to do and can do, but I've done all the basics that are required of me to be exalted, like being baptised, married in the temple, etc. I still need a lot of personal work (repentance), to become more like God, which we are all very far from becoming. We all need a lot of help.

Enduring to the end is also obviously very important.

The Articles of Faith (LDS basic beliefs)
We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in His Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost.

I may do some wacky threads here, but that's because I'm bored, not because I'm some wacked out Mormon who's lost his mind.

Bishka said:
FFH is a "special" Mormon. His ideas are different then the rest of ours.

Just a forum, just a thread, not a conference talk.

Francine

Looking at male models sort of freaks me out, will post something if I come across a male model, though, that does not make me ill.

If you need encouragement in resisting the urge to post male models I am available any time.

Status
Not open for further replies.