• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did God Create This ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draka

Wonder Woman
You know what FFH? Those are pretty, but they don't necessarily mean that your God exists. Science does explain those phenomena you know. Besides, even if a deity is "manipulating" those atmospheric light shows, it still doesn't prove that it is your God. I could just as easily say that the Lady or the Lord that I believe in did that. And you couldn't argue that at all. Just as you have no proof that your God did what you claim, you have no proof that it wasn't my deities that did it instead.

Chew on that a while.

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse
Sherwood.jpg

Amazing, this has to be the product of a devine designer and definitely not the result of any unorganized random set of events.
Sivenius.jpg

Spaceweather.com Aurora Gallery.
So, does the website you've linked to explain this scientifically - much like the Wiki article that was posted that you've chosen to ignore in favour of more rumblings of 'Ooh, pretty=god did it' or are they a member of the 'God tosses charged particles for fun' school of thought? It's explainable, you obviously don't understand what how things like evolution work given the fact you've inexplicably chosen to ignore anything anyone has told you and continue to insist that it's either 'random' or god, and frankly this thread is like talking to someone with their fingers in their ears chanting 'lalalalala'.
The argument from beauty doesn't prove there's a god who makes beautiful things, it just proves that there are some things in the world that people perceive as beautiful. If you feel so moved by the image of a girl who's been made up to within an inch of her life and then photoshopped for that remaining inch that it proves to you there's a god, more power to you...but in reality in that photo she's the product of at least 3 people, and none of them was an omnipresent being.

FFH

Veteran Member
So, does the website you've linked to explain this scientifically - much like the Wiki article that was posted that you've chosen to ignore
I read all posts in my thread, but do not respond to all posts, for various reasons.

Seriously, how hard is it to post a Wiki link concerning this, it takes very little effort, so for that I should be in awe ???

I've posted a link (Spaceweather.com Aurora Gallery.) showing the details of how the photos were taken, They were not edited or digitally enhanced in any way.

Here's another link to their home page: SpaceWeather.com -- News and information about meteor showers, solar flares, auroras, and near-Earth asteroids

in favour of more rumblings of 'Ooh, pretty=god did it' or are they a member of the 'God tosses charged particles for fun' school of thought? It's explainable, you obviously don't understand what how things like evolution work given the fact you've inexplicably chosen to ignore anything anyone has told you and continue to insist that it's either 'random' or god, and frankly this thread is like talking to someone with their fingers in their ears chanting 'lalalalala'.
Same goes for your side of the argument.

It really is pointless to argue religion anyway, but I do it anyway because I enjoy it.

I like to make people consider what they may not have considered before, that's all.

Can we really ever convince each other of their point of view on this matter or any other matter concerning religion ???

All we can do is make each other consider all the various options and scenarios.

The argument from beauty doesn't prove there's a god who makes beautiful things, it just proves that there are some things in the world that people perceive as beautiful. If you feel so moved by the image of a girl who's been made up to within an inch of her life and then photoshopped for that remaining inch that it proves to you there's a god, more power to you...but in reality in that photo she's the product of at least 3 people, and none of them was an omnipresent being.
I've seen human faces as beautiful as the opening post in raw situations.

Come to Herriman, Utah and I'll point out a few real life examples. I've worked with girls who are nothing short of stunning, made up or not made up, it makes no difference, their facial structure is the same, nearly flawless.

I've dated a flawless faced girl. It was the last girl I dated before I met my wife. I wouldn't have wanted to spend my life with a flawless faced girl, they are tooooo demanding as are those I work with, who show up when they feel like it, since they think the world is theirs for the taking, they quickly learn otherwise, I don't treat them any differently than any other person, and they quickly find that out and quit within several weeks.

I treat all the same when I meet them, according to the respect they give to me.

If only it wasn't rude to take digital shots of the every day faces I see in Herriman, Utah, many are simply beautiful works of art, some males would be included in this, but mostly female faces I take notice of because they seem more beautiful to me, of course, than male faces.

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
Do blind people believe in God? If one can say there is a God just by what we see then I would think people who are blind would not believe in a God that created these thing for they can not see them. ^_^

Francine

If only it wasn't rude to take digital shots of the every day faces I see in Herriman, Utah, many are simply beautiful works of art, some males would be included in this, but mostly female faces I take notice of because they seem more beautiful to me, of course, than male faces.

I enjoyed the thread, but the objections are sound. The feminine beauty you presented to us is not so much an indicator of God's existence as an indicator of your sexual preference.

FFH

Veteran Member
So, does the website you've linked to explain this scientifically - much like the Wiki article that was posted that you've chosen to ignore in favour of more rumblings of 'Ooh, pretty=god did it' or are they a member of the 'God tosses charged particles for fun' school of thought?
This photo is not from a religious site, I just added the scripture.

Psalms 19: 1
The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament showeth his handywork.
(scripture added by FFH)
Jung1.jpg

Photo from this link: Page 7 of this page: Spaceweather.com Aurora Gallery.

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]From: Kevin Jung[/FONT], Near Grand Rapids, Michigan USA [FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]#1, #2, #3, more[/FONT]
"In all the years I've never seen an aurora with such intense pulsations. At times it was like looking at an out-of-control wildfire. I think at one point the aurora could be seen down to 15 degrees off the southern horizon."

Quote from this page: Page 7

Part of this website: SpaceWeather.com -- News and information about meteor showers, solar flares, auroras, and near-Earth asteroids

FFH

Veteran Member
Direct link: Page 4
Biscorner1.jpg

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]From: William Biscorner[/FONT], Memphis, Michigan [FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]#1, #2, #3[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]"First auroras since October of last year, long overdue! From approx. 10:30pm to 12:30am, My wife and I watched the pulsing waves roll in and out across the dark beach of night. Awesome display. Pentax k1000, fuji 200, 24mm f/2.8, 23 seconds."[/FONT]

Quote from this page: Page 4

FFH

Veteran Member
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Quoth the Raven wanted specifics on these photos.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]From: Hans Sivenius[/FONT], Finland, November 9 2004, [FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]#1 [/FONT]

"Very Very bright auroras. This 'show' was quite long; about 5 hours!!! Canon 300D 28mm/2.8, ISO 800, 5-12s"

Quote and photo from this page: Page 9
Sivenius.jpg

Papersock

Lucid Dreamer
Seriously, how hard is it to post a Wiki link concerning this, it takes very little effort, so for that I should be in awe ???

Indeed, it is very easy to find information about how this stuff works. That's the beauty of the Internet (maybe god made that too).

You're not supposed to be in awe of the effort taken to post something from wiki. You could at least consider the information itself and how it relates to your argument. Maybe even address it. Or maybe the explanation of how these natural events actually happen is of no interest to you. :shrug:

FFH

Veteran Member
I enjoyed the thread, but the objections are sound. The feminine beauty you presented to us is not so much an indicator of God's existence as an indicator of your sexual preference.
I figured most would not think past the sexual allure of female beauty, so that's why I've specifically chosen to mix it up a bit with other things I find beautiful in this world, not just the human form.

I suppose I could have started a seperate thread for the auroras.

FFH

Veteran Member
Indeed, it is very easy to find information about how this stuff works. That's the beauty of the Internet (maybe god made that too).

You're not supposed to be in awe of the effort taken to post something from wiki. You could at least consider the information itself and how it relates to your argument. Maybe even address it. Or maybe the explanation of how these natural events actually happen is of no interest to you. :shrug:
The sun/solar flares shoot out hot gasses towards the earth, which then collide with the earth's magnetic field, yet God creates art in something that also has a specific function/purpose/design.

God's functional art, as also obvserved in humans, animals, vegetation and everything else found in and on this earth.

Art with a design and a purpose
tiger-regal_1024x768.jpg

Hope

Princesinha
Here's a fine male specimen (someone mentioned Gerard Butler----I just couldn't resist). Mmmm.....yeah, definitely proof of God. :flirt:;)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 48

FFH

Veteran Member
God's functional art. Just deal with the size of this pic okay :)
aishwarya-rai.jpg

Aishwayra Rai
Aishwarya%20Rai.jpg

Aishwarya Rai

Aishwarya-Rai-2.JPG

Aishwayra Rai

Papersock

Lucid Dreamer
The sun/solar flares shoot out hot gasses towards the earth, which then collide with the earth's magnetic field, yet God creates art in something that also has a specific function/purpose/design.

God's functional art, as also obvserved in humans, animals, vegetation and everything else found in and on this earth.

Art with a design and a purpose

Well, thanks for responding :)

Sure are a lot of big pretty pictures you have here.

Status
Not open for further replies.