• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did God Create This ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jistyr

Inquisitive Youngin'
Pointing out what I see as God's art, not just in human faces and human bodies, but in all that is in this world and in this universe.
There are sick things in this world, and to call them beautiful is to be insane.

FFH

Veteran Member
There are sick things in this world, and to call them beautiful is to be insane.
That's why I've chosen to focus on the things that I see that are actually physically beautiful. No one ever seems to credit God for those things that are actually physically beautiful in this world, rather most are quick to credit God for all that is bad in this world.

Trying to focus on the beauty I see, rather than all the ugliness that's all around us.

FFH

Veteran Member
If you need encouragement in resisting the urge to post male models I am available any time.
Okay thanks ;)

Was gettin' worried there I would actually post some male shots, I don't think that would go over very well at all.

nutshell

It's not that hard to post male models. Not sure what the big deal is.

Moderator cut: image removed

Last edited by a moderator:

FFH

Veteran Member
Northern Lights Park City, Utah (11/7/04)
This occurred about an hour from where I live. Did God cause this to happen or is it also a product of random chance.
NorthernLightsVsNeighborhoodLights20041107-1crsm.jpg

JamBar85

Master Designer
I'm not liking how you just seem to be going back to the whole "God did it" line or "so it was just random?". Thats not really an argument or answer.

With the beautiful women for instance, I thought the very first response was spot on. Make up and photoshop etc. She might not look anything like that if she had no make up etc.

As for the northern lights. I'm no scientist but from what ive read, watched etc it's something to do with the magma or whatever it is inside the earth spinning to create a magnetic field round the earth or something. Like I said i'm no scientist so anyone feel free to jump in and correct me.

Either way i'm sure there not random. I think that there are scientific explanations for both. They just might not have been fully figured out yet. But just because something is not known I don't think it should be pawned off as random nonsense. It just sounds like your saying "I don't know why she is so pretty so God did it"

Papersock

Lucid Dreamer
Northern Lights Park City, Utah (11/7/04)
This occurred about an hour from where I live. Did God cause this to happen or is it also a product of random chance.

Is this meant to be a rhetorical question?

Auroras are produced by the collision of charged particles, mostly electrons but also protons and heavier particles, from the magnetosphere, with atoms and molecules of the Earth's upper atmosphere (at altitudes above 80 km). The particles have energies from 1-100 keV. Most originate from the sun and arrive at the vicinity of earth in the relatively low-energy solar wind. When the trapped magnetic field of the solar wind is favourably oriented (principally southwards) it reconnects with that of the earth and solar particles then enter the magnetosphere and are swept to the magnetotail. Further magnetic reconnection accelerates the particles towards earth.
The collisions in the atmosphere electronically excite atoms and molecules in the upper atmosphere. The excitation energy can be lost by light emission or collisions. Most aurorae are green and red emission from atomic oxygen. Molecular nitrogen and nitrogen ions produce some low level red and very high blue/violet aurorae.
Aurora (astronomy) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
That's why I've chosen to focus on the things that I see that are actually physically beautiful.

Now do you see what we are getting at. You choose to look upon that which YOU perceive is beautiful. Another person looking at these skinny type models or women made up or doctored up with a PC problem might find them to be ugly. Some men who prefer full figured women might not see the beauty you see. The women you perceive to be ugly (unattractive to you) may not feel the same way about themselves.

No one ever seems to credit God for those things that are actually physically beautiful in this world, rather most are quick to credit God for all that is bad in this world.

Maybe you should have posted this question in the same faith section because not everyone here believes in your god. And there are some here who don't believe is gods at all. It sounds quite offensive to assert that it was your god that created beauty as opposed to some one elses god. With that said you know that in your own faith one should becareful not to fall into vanity.

Proverbs 6:25
Lust not after her beauty in thine heart; neither let her take thee with her eyelids.

Proverbs 31:30
Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain:..................

Psalm 4:2
O ye sons of men, how long will ye turn my glory into shame? how long will ye love vanity, and seek after falsehood?

Psalm 94:11
God knoweth the thoughts of man, that they are vanity.

Psalm 119:37
Turn away mine eyes from beholding vanity; and quicken thou me in thy way.

Psalm 144:8
Whose mouth speaketh vanity, and their right hand is a right hand of falsehood.

Ecclesiastes 1:14 I have seen all the works that are done under the sun; and, behold, all is vanity and vexation of spirit. (This one is perfect for all those images of women you pasted)

Ecclesiastes 6:4
For he cometh in with vanity, and departeth in darkness, and his name shall be covered with darkness.

Ephesians 4:17
This I say therefore, and testify in God, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind,

2Peter 2:18
For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh.............

Fits this thread to a (T)......

Darkness

Psychoanalyst/Marxist
FFH, let us say God did create Alexandra and all the world's beauty. Can you now understand why it is that I label myself a Luciferian? If God condemns one person to Eternal Darkness, he will have to condemn me. The thought of abandoning someone like Alexandra is worse than the thought of Eternal Darkness. That is how wonderful His creation is.

Status
Not open for further replies.